The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Fix the FPS glitch

Sarousse
Sarousse
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi @ZOS_BrianWheeler ,

You didn't mention anything about the FPS glitch in AvA during the last ESO Live.

Withtout addons, after a fight that envolves many AE lightning effects, you loose about 20 to 30 FPS definitively. The only way to fix that is to totally quit the game and relog in.

BTW all my friends/guildmates are experiencing the same thing, so it's not client pc hardware related.

Is the dev team aware of this ? Is there a fix on the way ?

Thanks.
Edited by Sarousse on December 7, 2015 7:21AM
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can one of you record this happening? Have not experienced this since the lighting patch.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The FPS bug eventually hits me every playing session. It reduces my FPS by around 50%. It is triggered by large blob fights. The only solution is to restart the client.

There was another thread posted about this recently. Perhaps a couple of weeks ago.
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm this has been happening to me since last DLC... graphics look like water spilled all over the terrain and lost fps that doesn't recover until relog.

its like a huge memory leak or something...idk puters so who knows

DK SCRUB OUT
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Galalin wrote: »
    Can confirm this has been happening to me since last DLC... graphics look like water spilled all over the terrain and lost fps that doesn't recover until relog.

its like a huge memory leak or something...idk puters so who knows

DK SCRUB OUT

The terrain I get all the time. Actually having more time to think back I remember this happening to me one time recently where I got stuck at 10 FPS, relogged and was back at 60 for a while. Maybe it happens more and I don't notice it because it's not to the effect of the lighting patch bug.
  • zerosingularity
    zerosingularity
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this is a well documented issue that is being absolutely ignored by the devs. One thing that may help you is unparking all your CPU cores, so your cores never idle and have to whirr up during large blob fights. It doesn't fix the problem, but may mitigate it somewhat. If you have more than 4 cores (like a core i7 or some AMD crap) you probably won't notice much.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/230561/rumored-memory-leak-issues#latest

As you can see, lots of people affected, no Dev response.
    NA-PC

Kaineth - Stamina Nightblade (Weakest Player Ever!)
    Elena Stormwood - Magicka Sorcerer (vMA no Death 12/21/15 Score 401148)
    Sheila Feyrondas - Magicka Dragonknight Tank (Frost staves are gonna be fun!)

*Disclaimer* I fail at emotional communication, so assume what I say is NOT meant to be offensive.
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Example : was suffering of the FPS bug after several massive fights :
    lowfps.jpg

Then disconnected/Reconnected, FPS got back :
    highfps.jpg

Easy to reproduce, just fight against large zergball groups, and you'll see you FPS drop down and never going back.

Could we get an official answer please ?
  • Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »
    Example : was suffering of the FPS bug after several massive fights :
    lowfps.jpg

Then disconnected/Reconnected, FPS got back :
    highfps.jpg

Easy to reproduce, just fight against large zergball groups, and you'll see you FPS drop down and never going back.

Could we get an official answer please ?

i can give u one, go and play something else :D:D
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
    HellSeesAll - v16/EP/Rank 19 Magicka NB/Necrotic Lag member
    HellSeesUs - v16/AD/Rank 18 Stamina Templar
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe the official ZOS position is it's easier to fix the player side bug of wanting to sub to the game, rather than the server side bug of having a bad game.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im waiting for the stupid question "what were you doing while this occured".... no i wasn't petting deer or lightning bugs... i was just playing the dam game in cyrodiil and like always the performance is ***...this is only one more thing to add to thw list of *** we have to put up with performance wise.

But again game is junk but its free so it will do until CU comes out

DK SCRUB OUT
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP, what were you doing while this occurred? Did you try turning your standards off and then on again?
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    Galalin wrote: »
    i wasn't petting deer or lightning bugs...

OK, you found the remaining deer and didn't tell anyone?EF?>G

JSUT TELL THE DEVS WHERE EH LAST DEER R SO THEY CAN REMOVE THEM AND FNALLY FIX THE LAG
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    OP, what were you doing while this occurred? Did you try turning your standards off and then on again?

Let me recap it :

- Tried with no addons at all and with full addons,
    - Trying with many different graphical settings (from low to full).

It always happens, and not only on my computer, but on any of my guildmates.

Just go to an AvA campaign, find a Zergball with massive effects (bombs, steel tornado, purge, rapid manoeuver), fight them for a few minutes and here it goes. You loose about 50% of your FPS, and it never comes back to normal, even in an empty area, until you zone in a new zone, or just disconnect/reconnect. Reloadui doesn't fix it.

So, @ZOS_BrianWheeler, any word on this ?

Would be kind of you to tell us if you aware of this glitch and working on a fix, thanks (besides from the 64 Bits client btw).

Edited by Sarousse on January 1, 2016 10:26AM
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB answer.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This bug is very complex. Alot more complicated than people think. From my understanding after analyzing the problem for a long time now :

1) Some people who had FPS issues during 1.6 don't have it anymore
    2) Some people who didn't have FPS issues during 1.6 now have some

Both use the same hardwares and tried low graphic settings with no addons.
    Both use the same operating system.
    User with fps problems also tried reinstalling the game.

I really don't know from where it's coming from but some people like me have no issues at all with framerates.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Ethona
    Ethona
    ✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    This bug is very complex. Alot more complicated than people think. From my understanding after analyzing the problem for a long time now :

I really don't know from where it's coming from but some people like me have no issues at all with framerates.

Before patch 1.6 I had zero FPS issues in this game. Even my ping for the game was avg 60 ms. After 1.6 patch I started having these FPS issues that folks are talking about; such as 60+ to 10 or 0. My ping also double for NA up to 120-140ms and my EU ping went from 120-140 to 240-260ms. I have these issues on three different computers using windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and also Ubuntu LINUX 14.x and 15.x. I would also point out that over the last month or so my FPS has been good to me and I've only had one instance of it dropping to below 10fps. Sadly my ping is still 130, 300, 500, 999+.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy if ZOS would at least acknowledge the 50% FPS drop bug and let us know they are working on it. This bug hits me within an hour or so of PVP every time I play. Usually after a keep battle involving dozens of players.
    Edited by zyk on December 20, 2015 11:33PM
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Been experiencing this myself. Feels like when you travel to Ghrahtwood and start running to pick up your Daily pledges. FPS is just all over the place.
  • Jaybe_Mawfaka
    Jaybe_Mawfaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turn off/on your monitor
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will happen in PvE too.

After about an hour or so in Wrothgar my FPS will go from a standard 40-60 fps down to 10-20 (or less).

It will persist everywhere you go until you relog, restart or zone to a different area (with a loading screen).
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »

well the funny part about this bug is that regarding my gpu/cpu tools all (but the cpu0 wich was at 71) processors were below 36% usage while i had 2 FPS@999+ping...
    my FPS are pummeling down the pipe whenever the ping skyrockets while no processor is actually close to its limit... but morre a problem of the client not knowing what to do without information from the server...
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People still believe ZOS is capable of fixing anything related to performance or PvP and continue playing this game

mBitZr9.png
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    i have the same problem,usually after a big fight my fps stuck at 20-30 or 10-20 until i relog and they go back to 40-60
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_BrianWheeler ,

You didn't mention anything about the FPS glitch in AvA during the last ESO Live.

Withtout addons, after a fight that envolves many AE lightning effects, you loose about 20 to 30 FPS definitively. The only way to fix that is to totally quit the game and relog in.

BTW all my friends/guildmates are experiencing the same thing, so it's not client pc hardware related.

Is the dev team aware of this ? Is there a fix on the way ?

Thanks.

Some may not know but we had a similar bug after the realse of the game which made ur fps drop down to 3fps and it wasnt fixed for 3 weeks. ONly relogg helped... Thats how zos dose business xD (wonder why so many left)
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Expecting Cyrodil performance fixes is so 2014.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I was polite in every of my messages, trying to get at least a "we know, working on it" answer from the devs, but well, didn't work.

Maybe I should change the title with CAPS and make jokes on Zenimax team to get some kind of answer ?
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, I was polite in every of my messages, trying to get at least a "we know, working on it" answer from the devs, but well, didn't work.

Maybe I should change the title with CAPS and make jokes on Zenimax team to get some kind of answer ?

better post some memes to get attention
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like this ?

jYMClvC.jpg?1
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    make some bogus threat about legal action, that might get some form of response, only thing companies seem to respond to is threats to the wallet
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_BrianWheeler , could we get an answer as a Christmas gift ?

A simple one, like "yeah we know, we care and try to fix it".

Thanks.
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a dream...

that we get some kind of polite answer from devs.

Last 2015 request. I'll soon start the 2016 ones.