Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Some tips for a new comrade

acbaracuda
So I bought the game a few days ago on Steam and until now really like it. The thing is that I'm pretty much stuck at choosing an alliance (I'm on PC, EU btw). I played a little on all of them and I'm kind of inclined to DC (the ideology, the architecture are good) but from what I have read people say that their regions and quests are, well, dull. Also I saw that they have the fewest number of players. From the other two AD seems interesting but I really don't want an architecture based on trees (Elden Root, about the others I don't really know though) and about EP... nords ftw xD but the fact that some of their races enslaved each other and that their alliance feels forced turned me off.
Now the question is how is the population on DC at the moment? I don't really care about PVP, just for fun sometimes but I like to see people running around me. Also what do you think about their quest line and zones?

Oh and if I'm not asking too much, can someone recommend me a build to level with? I am a DK and I'd want to focus on dual wield, heavy armor or leather armor (medium or how it is named here) doesn't matter. A fire mage sounds interesting also.
Edited by acbaracuda on December 4, 2015 7:28PM
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    acbaracuda wrote: »
    So I bought the game a few days ago on Steam and until now really like it. The thing is that I'm pretty much stuck at choosing an alliance (I'm on PC, EU btw). I played a little on all of them and I'm kind of inclined to DC (the ideology, the architecture are good) but from what I have read people say that their regions and quests are, well, dull. Also I saw that they have the fewest number of players. From the other two AD seems interesting but I really don't want an architecture based on trees (Elden Root, about the others I don't really know though) and about EP... nords ftw xD but the fact that some of their races enslaved each other and that their alliance feels forced turned me off.
    Now the question is how is the population on DC at the moment? I don't really care about PVP, just for fun sometimes but I like to see people running around me. Also what do you think about their quest line and zones?
    I've read comments from people on the EU server saying that DC has a big pop. It is the NA server that people commented on in terms of DC having a low pop, and that was usually focused on PvP zones, thought some comments indicated in might be true of PvE as well. Maybe an EU player can confirm this?
    acbaracuda wrote: »
    Oh and if I'm not asking too much, can someone recommend me a build to level with? I am a DK and I'd want to focus on dual wield, heavy armor or leather armor (medium or how it is named here) doesn't matter. A fire mage sounds interesting also.
    Medium armor is good for doing physical damage, which goes well with Dual Wield, and light armor is good for more spell damage. Heavy armor with the right set bonuses can also be good for a DK if you want to be tanky. At low levels, you will only have a few skills, and starting out the question is which weapon skill line you want to level up first.

Some basic tips for thinking about builds:

- total magicka and spell power stats determine the strength of abilities that say they do "magic damage", as well as healing abilities that cost magicka.
    - DKs and Sorcs have a lot of "elemental damage" abilities, so any gear that boosts elemental damage is good.
    - abilities that do physical damage, which tend to be cast with stamina, scale off of weapon power and max stamina.
    - like all classes, class skills for DKs start out as magicka-based but a few damage dealing ones can eventually be morphed to stamina-based versions if you want to do a medium armor/stamina build eventually.
    - keep one ability from each class skill line on your bar at low levels, because even if you don't use one or two of them much being on your bar while gaining XP levels them up faster.

For specific build ideas or requests, here are a couple of good places to start:

http://tamrielfoundry.com/forum/classes/dragonknight-class/
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/combat-character-mechanics

Good luck!

Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Shadowolfs
    I am not sure the population of DC on EU, but I think DC has low population on PVP/Cyrodill in all platform. No matter what alliance you play, you will experience all faction zones and quests. Every class can do similar role, wear heavy armies for tank, medium armies for stamina dps and light armors for magicka dps or healer, but Templar is best healer in the game all time.
  • acbaracuda
    Thanks for advice, both of you. It really cleared up some some question about the builds, so I kinda know what to look for. Still if someone from EU could say some words about the population it would be useful
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When people are talking population, they usually mean the balance of players in PvP.
    This is less of a problem if you find a fun guild to join for PvP Nights, & I find the Cyrodill map changes A LOT each week anyway.

DC is a really fun set of quests!
    The Landscapes are dramatic and so it the gossip.
    :wink:

& its worth mentioning, if you really enjoy the DC areas you will want to make a character in another alliance to be able to play on the "veteran version" of those maps in Cadwell's Silver & Gold.
    (which is the same stories but with higher level baddies and an endgame player population)
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerfall Covenant has the best quest areas imho, esp if you don't like huge trees steer clear of AD! I chose AD without giving it much thought when I started the game if I could choose again I'd go DC.
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo,

So i have played all the factions,
    On AD i got to level 32 and got bored of the quests,

On Ep i also got to around level 30 and got bored.......

I really found DC to have the best quests so i now have 6 VR characters all in the DC faction..

And 2 lowbies also in DC...
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• acbaracuda
    Yea I tried all the factions and remained on DC. It fits me the best