The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Imperial City Safe Zones In Sewers..................................................................

• ShdwMstr
    ShdwMstr
    On PS4 on the North American sever red and yellow constantly work together, side by side on PSN chat, come down the ladder into the blue side of the sewers and gank people trying to grind. As a result blue sets up on the ladder in our area to protect other blues from getting jumped by mobs who run in, wait for blues to take on a mob and then jump them at the end of the fight, only to run right back out. So I have no problem with people staking out the ladders in their own area. My 2cents
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L
    L
    L
    L
    LADDER SAFE ZONE__CLIFF
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    LADDER BACK UP NOT SAFE ZONE
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Falhael
    Falhael
    ✭✭✭
    Rayste wrote: »
    Eldruf wrote: »
    DUMB AS ***.

/thread

Not exactly. Given the current layout with ladders, they were almost necessary to avoid ladder camping.

The real solution? Gate access to the ladders depending on who controls the districts..... but that is another discussion.

Edit: Oh and of course remove the safe zones once this is done.

Funny thing is the safe zones encourage ladder camping. A few nights ago, I entered the sewers with two friends, seemed like nobody was there, but as soon as the first one of us left the safe area, he got instakilled by a sniper who was back in the safe zone before we even saw where the arrows were coming from. We left the area, he tried to kill one of us, but without the element of surprise he had no chance.

We came back about 45 minutes later in sneak just to check whether that guy was still there. Turned out he was. I decided to watch him for a bit. He was waiting in the safe area, as soon as an enemy player loaded in in front of him (usually your character shows up a couple of seconds before your loading screen is over), he took one step back, went in sneak and started his sneak attacks as soon as people left the safe area. Never moving farther away than one step from the safe area. Since I didn't have enough burst I teamed up with an enemy player from another alliance to kill this guy before he could enter the safe area again (was quite tricky, he only ever left the ladder to refresh his rally and went right back in, after some waiting time I managed to push him a few steps away with aurora javelin - never thought that skill would come in handy :smiley: -, then we could finally kill the guy).

They should definitely think about a better solution for those ladders/safe zones. Just apply the immunity when you load in, but don't give players the possibility to just run back there when they're in trouble and be rid of everything including sewers bosses.
    Edited by Falhael on December 7, 2015 8:46AM