The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Imperial City Safe Zones In Sewers..................................................................

RobboEU
RobboEU
✭✭✭
DUMB AS ***.

/thread
Xbox One EU

GT; Ash Robbo TI

YouTube:https://youtube.com/channel/UCD9yiWRwLseCrKWJ_eUZskA
  • iliatha
    iliatha
    ✭✭✭
    pretty funny :D
  • Cîanai
    Cîanai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like them too :P
  • Wolfahm
    Wolfahm
    ✭✭✭
    BUT HOW ELSE WILL THEY MAKE THE "PVP" UPDATE SAFER FOR PVE CAREBEAR FARMERS TO WAIT FOR THE ZERG!
    MAKE KHAJIITS CRIT AGAIN!!!

|Wolf Ahm the Unchained|
    - 4 Nightblades | 3 Stam/1 Mag -
    - 2 Templars | Stam/Healer -
    - 2 Sorc | Stam/Mag -
    - 2 Wardens | Stam/Mag -
    - 1 DK | Tank/Stam -
    || Aldmeri Dominion ||

• RobboEU
    RobboEU
    ✭✭✭
    sort this out
    Xbox One EU

GT; Ash Robbo TI

YouTube:https://youtube.com/channel/UCD9yiWRwLseCrKWJ_eUZskA
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So you want ZOS to get rid of the only way to protect players from dieing while in the loading screen pretty much. Wasn't there a thread just as "silly" as this a few weeks ago. Want to gank go out into Cyrodiil and try real pvp were the players can actually fight back or is that to hard for you?
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    The safe zones at the bottom of ladders are needed in my opinion. Been killed too many times before I even load in.

However that being said they are currently a little screwed up. If you load in with enemy faction it's like a game of chicken with players running out and back into the safe zone drawing mobs and trying to gank and just generally playing like tools. All this because you can leave and re enter the safe zone.

Simple solution...safe zone applies when you load in. The minute you leave you cannot re enter. Problem solved
  • Diozaels
    Diozaels
    ✭✭
    I was so confused when I first ran down some sorc who tried to gank me and ran to the ladder...
  • xXNesTXx
    xXNesTXx
    ✭✭✭
    Chadwikid wrote: »
    The safe zones at the bottom of ladders are needed in my opinion. Been killed too many times before I even load in.

However that being said they are currently a little screwed up. If you load in with enemy faction it's like a game of chicken with players running out and back into the safe zone drawing mobs and trying to gank and just generally playing like tools. All this because you can leave and re enter the safe zone.

Simple solution...safe zone applies when you load in. The minute you leave you cannot re enter. Problem solved

Yep, because this happens when gankers are close of be ganked....protection anti ganking, turns in protection for gankers.....

Arena District Ladder in Thornblade EU Ps4....yellow gankers in safe zone when a huge group of reds come back to alliance base....

12239219_888802004502026_1287841849157023097_o.jpg
    Edited by xXNesTXx on December 1, 2015 9:20AM
    EU PS4 Ebonheart Pact

NB Stam VR16 Breton
    NB Stam VR16 Khajiit
    NB Mag VR16 Breton
    Templar Mag VR16 Nord
    Sorc Mag VR8 High Elf
    DK Stam VR10 Red Guard
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xXNesTXx wrote: »
    Omergud! A nightblade lurking in the shadows near a ladder in the IC. This is something I've never seen!

But seriously, it's people like you why these safe zones exist.

Edit: I was probably a bit harsh, but god damn I hate nightblades.
    Edited by Alucardo on December 1, 2015 9:23AM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Omergud! A nightblade lurking in the shadows near a ladder in the IC. This is something I've never seen!

/quote]

you know why you never see that :smiley: , because he is a cloaking nightblade :)!

(no pun intended ofc, just found it funny)
  • xXNesTXx
    xXNesTXx
    ✭✭✭

In Ps4, Thornblade, is normally full red, and some blues and yellows gankers come to IC for ganking reds in ladders

This yellows was there ganking reds....but they run away to safe zone of the ladder when we come....look to the guy laughing in the right side....

I am not a ganker, so maybe you needs to think (and read my last comment, not only look into a pic of hidden NB ) two times before to talk stupidities....

If you hate NB, the problem is yours, not mine
    EU PS4 Ebonheart Pact

NB Stam VR16 Breton
    NB Stam VR16 Khajiit
    NB Mag VR16 Breton
    Templar Mag VR16 Nord
    Sorc Mag VR8 High Elf
    DK Stam VR10 Red Guard
  • KostasDragonborn
    Leave the room with the ladder in it..."problem" solved
    - Walk with virtue, friend.
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solution seems pretty simple to me. You can't gain the invulnerability while in combat. Would protect people zoning, but not people who run back to the ladder trying to exploit safe zone.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Level66Charizard
    A 7 or 10 second immunity timer for when you enter the zone would be good enough. Ample enough time to decide if you wanna gtfo or not.
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A 7 or 10 second immunity timer for when you enter the zone would be good enough. Ample enough time to decide if you wanna gtfo or not.

They already tried something like that I know because I heard the sound sometimes and it would always force me out of sneak it wasn't enough because loading screens where way too long and varied resulting in...you know what.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • skillastat
    skillastat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chadwikid wrote: »

That's exactly my thought
    (PC NA)
    -Saulo Stamina Sorcerer
    -skillastat Stamina Nightblade
    -a blade spirit Stamina Templar
    -Ultima Online I Magicka Dragonknight
    -'Solo DC* Stamina Sorcerer
    -'Ultima Online Stamina Dragonknight
    -Nerd Dk Tank Dragonknight
    -Solochi Magicka Sorcerer
    -Solo Lucci Magicka Nightblade
    -Sølomon Magicka Warden

*All characters are EP, except for one DC.

French Canadian!
  • remilafo
    remilafo
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh i though this was going to be about those little spots in the water which are safe..
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every single *** you have nearly dead will run to one of these safe zones to regenerate his resources.

Yeah, one less reason to ever visit the IC again besides grinding for mats.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dont understand why the safe zone buff works without accessing the ladder.

Its fine to have the safe zone buff after you come down the ladder but after you move/use a skill the buff should disappear after 5 seconds.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler please consider these changes, its destroying the little pvp thats left in the sewers.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont understand why the safe zone buff works without accessing the ladder.

Its fine to have the safe zone buff after you come down the ladder but after you move/use a skill the buff should disappear after 5 seconds.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler please consider these changes, its destroying the little pvp thats left in the sewers.

there is PvP? I thought it was PvA
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Zilch
    Zilch
    ✭✭✭

If you go into IC, you should know what you're getting into. The immunity is necessary for people to enter without dying before they load, but once they leave the area or cast a spell, they should not be able to run back and be kept safe.

The immunity is being abused at the moment, because it was poorly implemented.

It's time for an overhaul of the current loot system!
    Implement a Token-System, so people get rewarded for their time invested!
    RNG^RNG is both tedious and undesirable!
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Safe Zone > Ladder of Doom
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »

There can be better implementations of this. It's not black or white.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Rayste
    Rayste
    ✭✭✭
    Eldruf wrote: »
    DUMB AS ***.

/thread

Not exactly. Given the current layout with ladders, they were almost necessary to avoid ladder camping.

The real solution? Gate access to the ladders depending on who controls the districts..... but that is another discussion.

Edit: Oh and of course remove the safe zones once this is done.
    Edited by Rayste on December 4, 2015 10:53PM
    The Teach - AD Templar
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »

There can be better implementations of this. It's not black or white.

I don't disagree, but my statement isn't false.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • purplederpy
    purplederpy
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine this...
    An Imperial City campaign...

No CP...
    No pve monsters...
    No pve bosses...
    Capturable districts...

• Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need more reasons to go in IC. Safe zones are ok, you have enough opportunity to catch/kill players outside safe zones.
  • Zimm
    Zimm
    ✭✭
    I can't stand those f***ing things. Even when I'm the person grinding I'll have a NB come up on me, they atk me, get stuck in Defensive Rune, I apply curse and start my weave for that Frag Proc and what do they do? B-Line for the closest f***ing ladder. I don't mind someone trying to kill me in the sewers, I pretty much only play PvP and the risk of the sewers is more fun to me than grinding mats in Wrothgar, but those infernal ladders. The gankers just sit there waiting for you to go back to grinding and follow you, the second you put them on the defensive they run right for it. Smh.
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

GanVal Zimm - VR16 Stam DK
    Accaro - VR16 Magicka Sorc
    Agony - Magicka DK
    Buuch - Stam Nightblade
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had one that claimed to do 1vX, but in reality he just ran for the safe zone each time. I love it!
  • Anzriel
    Anzriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    I had one that claimed to do 1vX, but in reality he just ran for the safe zone each time. I love it!

Gotta admit, when someone told me this was a thing I thought I was being trolled. Turns out this was apparently actually implemented. Not sure whether to laugh or cry.