The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Crafting for VR16 Characters in Orsinium...

Hamfast
Hamfast
✭✭✭✭
My main is VR 16, maxed in all crafting skills, points spent is everything but hirelings (except enchanting that has 3) but I find 7 to 10 of the VR 14 for each VR 15 node, same with the enchanting stones and Water... I don't need to hear about the IC, I have no intention of dealing with PvP, that is why I said "in Orsinium"... Then there is the armor... I have been trying to collect enough leather to make medium armor, to make 1 piece of VR 15 medium armor is 13 or 14 pieces of leather, VR 16 is 130...

Ok, So tell me, how do I make myself a new set of VR 16 armor for my VR 16 Stamina Based Crafting NB who Hates PvP with a Passion?

Are there Skills that make the nodes appear as higher level materials?

Is the RNG so hateful that it is just laughs at me while I gather materials?

Is there going to be another area (like upper Craglorn) that has higher level nodes that will be released at some future date?
Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been an issue since their dumb idea of making VR16 gear a "chase" and require grinding to obtain.

Best ways you're going to get the materials are:-

Grind VR15/16 mobs for trash gear and reconstruct (this is how everyone did it in IC).
    Daily writs and hope you get a map (if you don't consider it a loss of materials).
    Hirelings and hope for a good income.
    Farm nodes, nodes nodes (get the CP passive for 10% chance to proc double materials).
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You farm nodes and/or mobs that drop loot. Pick up the nodes with old materials so they will respawn and have a chance to be the new ones. And save cash to buy the V16 glyphs, because your chances of finding them in Orsinium are virtually non-existent.

Writs are about break even on materials, but you will get gold tempers from them sometimes, so they are kinda worth it for that, but the surveys don't drop frequently enough to make up for the mats you use. I get a survey about 1 in every 3 writs.

Because grinding is *fun,* right? At least the dev think so.
    Edited by NBrookus on December 2, 2015 9:24PM
  • AmmonErebos
    AmmonErebos
    ✭✭✭
    the ratio of void mats to 'v15' mats is 1:4 (saw a mod confirm this ages back) The most probably reason why void mats even drop at that ratio is because void mats are still a requirement for T10 crafting writs

it is very easy now to get the required mats to gear... in the time since orsinium has come out i have had enough mats to fully gear 2 v16 alts... I think your biggest mistake is no points in hirelings as these will give u v15 mats daily; single ore/wood is minimum, with a chance of getting 10 raw materials. and on-top of that there is a chance of getting 1 refined material (as well as the raw materials)

play the v16 content... decon everything you find and very quickly you will get all the materials that you require...
    Edited by AmmonErebos on November 30, 2015 4:42PM
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies, as I think I have some extra points, I will put some in hirelings (I admit it, I thought Orsinium would be like other zones and the majority of the nodes I would find would be VR 15 materials... silly me)

with all this, I should be able to make my level VR 16 armor by this time next year...

Oh, and I have spent the Champion Points to get the farming bonus...
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have eight max level crafters with hirelings, and i constantly farm in Orsinium. I wouldn't say "very quickly". I have three fully geared vr16 and two more nearly done. I can put time into the game, and it has been way too much spent on collecting basic raw mats and in vWGT.

@Hamfast , you simply have to put lots of hours to scrape up the mats. ZOS has deliberately made it difficult. They put the grind in into IC DLC because it had no actual content. They had to carry it over into Orsinium, lest people abandon IC... :mrgreen: The vr14 nodes are there to NOT get vr15 mats. It is all about strangling and limiting on multiple levels, nothing else but time sink design.

- If you have silk, watch zone chat and try to trade it to leather. Silk has still highest demand. Check the prices before trading.
    - Kill everything. Echateres, harpies and horkers at least occasionally drop one rubedo leather. Mobs drop gear to deconstruct.
    - Join world boss quests. The end rewards give vr15/16 Briarheart set at decent rate.
    - Make small armor pieces first as vr15. You mostly lose on glyph values.
    - You have to buy vr16 potencies. They drop from rune nodes very, very rarely.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a terrible system... unless you farm 24/7.

Just going through and playing the quests and doing dungeons/dailies... you won't get enough to make v16 gear before 2017.

I've been playing steady since orsinium came out on console... i have maybe one full stack of the ore and leather? and maybe 140ish cloth.... great... after all that time i can make ONE piece of equipment. Maybe when they drop the next dlc i can have a full set of gear for ONE character... I better make the right set...

No thanks... just make v15 gear. It honestly makes me mad to think about how the entire group of devs thought this was a good idea....
    Dev Joe Blow - "Hey, lets make mats SUPER rare to find for v15-16... wait! lets also make each piece of gear... wait for it, are you ready for this?... TEN TIMES MORE EXPENSIVE!"
    Dev group - "Wow great idea!" , "hey that'll show them how to have a good time!", "so smart!"

btw...These people saying its super easy/quick and they made x amount of sets in a week.... have zero life outside of playing eso. And the only thing they're doing is farming mats.... talk about wasting your life.
    I play every day after work for a couple hours, maybe? and there is NO way for me to keep up with those requirements.
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    @helediron You are just full of all sorts of good news (I appreciate all of it by the way), I am already doing my best to kill and loot everything... I have now spent the 9 points for the hireling, I will see how that turns out...

I had already kind of thought about making my new armor 1 piece at a time, my current level VR 14 armor is all yellow... or gold if you wish... so not all that bad and I am not sure the upgrade to VR 15 may not be worth the effort...

As for getting the Level VR 16 Potencies, thanks for the info, that was new information for me, I have yet to find a VR 16 Potency Runestone... or at least that I have noticed...

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People will rush past nodes, I found it super helpful to invest one point in that seeing clothing mats easier skill. It is the most in demand.

Leather is the hardest to get cuz it only comes from drops. Kill goats, elk and mudcrabs, they drop the mats and die quickly.

I go on late at night, helps with nodes, you'll find many more chests as well.

I found staying to the southern area of wrothgar to be best for farming.

If you get a good night you can grab at least 100 mats (in just a few hours)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    with all this, I should be able to make my level VR 16 armor by this time next year...

It's not quite that bad. It took me about 2 weeks to get the mats (minus tempers) for crafting my v16 pieces; I did some farming but that strategy didn't really pay off with everyone running around doing the same. Mobs and questing to decon loot was better then. Now I see a lot more nodes as the initial rush to gear up has passed.
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know you said you don't want to hear about IC, so please ignore my post if you are dead-set against it. But even if you don't like PVP, I think it is much more efficient than Orsinium in getting mats. Also it seems with Orsinium the amount of people in IC has dropped and most PVPers that are already geared have moved back to Cyrodiil. Most of IC is a ghost town leaving a mostly PVE environment.

If you get on a campaign that your faction dominates, get in the sewers and just grind mobs and bank your tel var often you will still come out ahead even if you get ganked occasionally.

If you get ganked you lose 80% of your tel var, but you still keep
    1)all the V16 items for decons
    2)trophys that you can sell or unlock vaults with end game quality items and xivkyn motifs

On top of this they have dropped the Tel Var price on mats to 50 per mat, so every 50 TV you bank is one mat. If you are carrying at least 100 stones each mob drops 8-24 Tel Var so it racks up quick. Plus you can buy the V16 runes with TV which are hard to find in Orsinium.

The mob density and spawn rate is fast, so you can start with 100 TV and get to 1000 in a relatively short period of time. Run back and bank your stones, and repeat.

When the mat price was 100 tel var I geared my character in a week or so. Now it is half that.

If you can tolerate the occasional ganker, I think the risk is worth the reward.

Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4