The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Add a class and race change

xboxone1Q
xboxone1Q
✭✭✭
We gone through 2 DLC's and nothing in the store so far. It can't be that hard to make an option in the crown store. I would like to see my vet 16 Templar be changed before eso 2.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Race change will almost certainly come in time, most likely with, or in wake of the "barbershop" character recustomization feature. Since when people change their race, they almost certainly will want to adjust their new race appereance instead of just hoping the old slider positions look neat on their new race as well (especially when switching from/to khajiit/argonian...)

The thieves guild of dark brotherhood DLCs may be good places for this to come, since in these it would some sense to have an option for someone to alter their appereance once the wanted posters get a bit too widespread...

Name change too, I fervently hope, I have several characters I would love to "adjust" in some ways concerning appereance and character name, to correct small suboptimal choices or forgotten sliders, or make some names more lore-friendly...

Class change on the other hand... that is a much bigger can of worms, and doubtful to -ever- get implemented. But who knows, they might do it anyhow someday. I wouldn't think so, I would presume too few people would pay for this to be worth the effort to code it, but hey, its up to the ZOS decisionmakers.
  • Murmeltier
    Murmeltier
    ✭✭✭✭
    xboxone1Q wrote: »
    We gone through 2 DLC's and nothing in the store so far. It can't be that hard to make an option in the crown store. I would like to see my vet 16 Templar be changed before eso 2.

That hits the Point, i think the same :) .
  • Aumintor
    Aumintor
    I don't think race and class change is a good idea. The game is essentially about the concept of creating your own character that you will get to know and develop throughout a journey. Race and class are mainly what makes the character unique. If you choose a certain race or class you should deal with the consequences of it. It's a good principle to maintain.

If they must have race and class change they better make it expensive, but I personally hope not to see it at all.

The possibility to change appearance and name on the other hand are two things I'd like to see implemented!
  • shugg
    shugg
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree , after all the changes to passives race change and changes to role mechanics means its a must - i rolled a breton nb caster and have found at v16 i love tanking hard content and my guild needed a tank the day race change hits im there.
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aumintor wrote: »

The possibility to change appearance and name on the other hand are two things I'd like to see implemented!

Completely agreed. Changing appearance and name has no impact on gameplay; changing race or class does.
    Edited by Voxicity on December 2, 2015 9:30PM
  • LilyOra
    LilyOra
    ✭✭✭
    I also want to change my name on my alt :) I'll pay to do so even.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Race change: I would prefer they just balance the passives, but they need to do something. My main is an Argonian :(

Class change: No. When vet ranks are gone leveling an alt will be super easy. People need a chance to learn their class before jumping in at v16. Maybe it could be an option if you have another character of the desired class at the same or higher level.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • LilyOra
    LilyOra
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    Race change: I would prefer they just balance the passives, but they need to do something. My main is an Argonian :(

Class change: No. When vet ranks are gone leveling an alt will be super easy. People need a chance to learn their class before jumping in at v16. Maybe it could be an option if you have another character of the desired class at the same or higher level.

But that Argonian swim speed ;)

I agree with you I'm still learning about my V16, would be weird changing classes now and knowing nothing from a new class.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LilyOra wrote: »
    But that Argonian swim speed ;)

The absolute worst thing about the swim speed passive is that it is, on very rare occasions, quite useful. Being chased by mobs and want to drop aggro? Drop rapids and jump in the water, you're like a one-man motorboat.

The problem is the slaughterfish everywhere. It's like if the imperials got their health buff, but took 50% more damage from all sources as a trade off.
  • LilyOra
    LilyOra
    ✭✭✭
    I still have fond memories of trying to swim across the ocean lvl11 and finding out that was not a good idea at awlll haha XD

But then again sometimes in Cyro need to die quick to rez elsewhere, no enemies around? Slaughterfish are a most welcome death ;)

Would be kinda cool if argonians were immune to slaughterfish...
  • Vorcil
    Vorcil
    ✭✭✭✭
    No

No more classes,

Add another main skill tree to each of the classes though, all utility skills

The amount of combinations would be ridiuclous
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vorcil wrote: »
    No

No more classes,

Add another main skill tree to each of the classes though, all utility skills

The amount of combinations would be ridiuclous

I think he's referring to being able to change from a dragonknight to a nightblade for example, not introducing a new class.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shugg wrote: »
    I disagree , after all the changes to passives race change and changes to role mechanics means its a must - i rolled a breton nb caster and have found at v16 i love tanking hard content and my guild needed a tank the day race change hits im there.

Luckily for you, you don't need the race change. Bretons are very viable for NB tanks.
    That's what I was playing for more than a year until I decided to try something else. And let me tell you, I tanked absolutely everything successfully and was the first one to complete vet dsa as a NB tank :) I was even a somewhat famous NB tank in my faction. If anything - someone wouldn't take you in a group because of your class rather than your race. But if you have a guild that believes in you and you know they need a tank - you just get your gear and respec. Just think about it - your passives are not useless, especially if you base your tank around magicka, I think they call it a sap tank nowadays.
    Spell resistance is just good for tanks anyways.

Trust me, you don't need to wait for the race change. Breton NB tank is a good and viable combination. So if you want to tank - just go for it.
    Edited by Artis on December 2, 2015 10:44PM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why am I the only one to agree on this so far? We don't need race/class changes, we need balancing and fixes.
  • zZzleepyhead
    zZzleepyhead
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Why am I the only one to agree on this so far? We don't need race/class changes, we need balancing and fixes.

I think races are fine as is. If they really wanted to do some fine tuning they could, but they don't need to re balance it. There SHOULD be inequality. On Earth and in Tamriel, all races ARE NOT equals. Welcome to the real world, ***.

As a high elf I would be greatly offended if some slithering sack of scales was able to compete with my magical prowess.
    As a redguard alt if some slimey wet-skinned mud-licker were to be able to fight me toe-to-toe I'd be a little upset.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As a high elf I would be greatly offended if some slithering sack of scales was able to compete with my magical prowess.
    As a redguard alt if some slimey wet-skinned mud-licker were to be able to fight me toe-to-toe I'd be a little upset.

:neutral:

Well if some fleshy or furry could out-swim me I'd... not really care at all.

I get the whole "races should be different" thing and I agree, it would just be nice if "different" did not mean "some are great and some are terrible".
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Race, sure.
    Class, wut?
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    The desire of everyone here to see fixes and occasional balancing pretty much goes without saying. That's why most people don't say it, to avoid being seen as "captain obvious"... :tongue:;)

Personally I wouldn't see any need for race changes unless and until they add new races that might make me think "Oh, that new race would have made so much more sense for this character idea..."

But I can see how those who agonize over the last few percentage points towards super-effectiveness get all worked up about racial passives that have changed over time and patches. And how that min-maxxer crowd would pay good crowns to switch their race now and then, forever chasing the FotM. And since that would get ZOS profit, and since profit lets them keep ESO alive, and finance new content for all of us... I say "Aye", let them have race change.

Class change on the other hand... would be way more involved to code, would have way fewer people to pay for, and thus may just not be worth it from the powers that be point of view. But who knows in time it may come. But really, we all get eight character slots, and making alts will be much, much easier come the final phase of the champion system so... I really doubt there is that much of a demand for class change to make it worth spending the developer resources on.