The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

#TheLagIsReal

NobleNerd
NobleNerd
✭✭✭✭
I haven't played much in Cyrodiil PvP in a while due to it being a ghost town since IC, but now that the popularity of IC has waned I decided to run some of Cyrodiil on Azura's Star with some guild mates the other day..... Man oh man was it a hot mess of lag. Server response and ability lag was all over the place. I would press a button and about 3 sec. later would actually see it go off. At times I just waited to die in a sea of AoE shinnies because I could not dodge role or weapon swap without massive delay. We ended up hitting IC instead after about 20 min. of trying different fights in Cyrodiil with no difference in the lag issues.

In my opinion, a fix for this mess cannot wait until Q1 of next year! We need a fix NOW.
Edited by NobleNerd on November 28, 2015 6:28PM
BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
~a mature gaming community~
Website
DISCORD
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changes are coming. Don't visit Cyrodiil now, make some pve or just go to the Imperial City.
    All will be okay.
    Edited by Ashamray on November 28, 2015 6:33PM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • SkylarkAU
    SkylarkAU
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of the lag is fps, some is isp, most is server..

I liken pvp lag to rng, comprised of many layers all designed to [SNIP] me over :)
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_Racheal on November 30, 2015 1:25AM
    Skylärk // v16 Stamina DK (AvA 23)
    Elizabeth Skylark // v16 Magicka Sorc (AvA 29)
    Tauriel Skylark // v16 Stamina NB (AvA 12)
    Alexander Skylark // v2 Magicka Templar
    Terra Australis XI // v2 Magicka DK
    Nocturnal | RÀGE
    << PC/NA/AD >>

Youtube
  • NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭
    SkylarkAU wrote: »
    Some of the lag is fps, some is isp, most is server..

I liken pvp lag to rng, comprised of many layers all designed to [SNIP] me over :)

LOL

Yeah it is horribly bad right now.

Imperial City isn't bad so I am focusing on that right now with my guild.
    [Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_Racheal on November 30, 2015 1:26AM
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    Website
    DISCORD
  • NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »
    Changes are coming. Don't visit Cyrodiil now, make some pve or just go to the Imperial City.
    All will be okay.

I know fixes are coming. They need to come faster. Right now even streamers are leaving the game because of not being able to effectively PvP.
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    Website
    DISCORD
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm rather new to PvP myself and I'd heard about how terrible the Lag / FPS Drop / etc. is in Cyrodiil. Now I know what everyone was talking about.

I would be embarrassed if my "Alliance War-centric" game performed this way.

Fix ASAP!
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • Ganj
    Ganj
    ✭✭✭
    Never changes. Its exactly the same lag since it was beta.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gone back to solo PvP, having a blast.

The nice thing about not being in a ball group is if you hit 250 latency you can just peace out to somewhere else on the map.
    Edited by Cathexis on November 30, 2015 1:07AM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »

The nice thing about not being in a ball group is if you hit 250 latency you can just peace out to somewhere else on the map.

Where are you able to do this kinda of PvP regularly? Most of the time I try to find this with a small guild group I am running and inevitably end up getting pounded by zergs.
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    Website
    DISCORD
  • Omgwtfbbq321
    Omgwtfbbq321
    ✭✭✭
    All skill, gear and levels go out the window. It becomes a battle of "Who can lag the least".
    My ping is higher than your resource recovery...
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NobleNerd wrote: »

Where are you able to do this kinda of PvP regularly? Most of the time I try to find this with a small guild group I am running and inevitably end up getting pounded by zergs.

Haha I chase the zergs good sir -- if you play well you can go 20 rounds on your own with a full zerg and never die -- but if its any help...

Basically there are a few guidelines I try to go by.

If a keep is popped, with lots of seige on it (if you have cyrhud) -- Don't go there.

If a keep has a lot of enemy seige on it and no response -- Go there.

If a non-strategic keep is under attack while a strategic keep is under attack -- Go to the non-strategic keep.

If an obscure resource is flagged at an enemy keep -- Go there.

Ask yourself -- What is the closest, non-contested enemy resource? -- Go there, make it contested.

Usually outposts are minor conflicts, so they are pretty safe bets for some dirty action.

Milegates? Lots of fun, especially between a contested outpost and a keep.

Go to the little crossed swords, stay away from the big crossed swords, and stay away from the 3 way crossed swords. You will start to develop an understanding of where the best little fights often occur.

Move outward from scrolls toward enemy territory as they move toward your territory.
    Always use your mount with rapids while travelling.
    Edited by Cathexis on November 30, 2015 7:48AM
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Wolfahm
    Wolfahm
    ✭✭✭
    It wont ever be fixed been this way since beta and its why i left for 6 months only to come back to the same thing.. My guild was going to come back to join me but now i can't even recommend it, as even soloing away from the zergs the lag is felt. I have resorted to ganking in IC on weekends and prime time as its rage inducing when ping spikes from 70 to 200-999+
    MAKE KHAJIITS CRIT AGAIN!!!

|Wolf Ahm the Unchained|
    - 4 Nightblades | 3 Stam/1 Mag -
    - 2 Templars | Stam/Healer -
    - 2 Sorc | Stam/Mag -
    - 2 Wardens | Stam/Mag -
    - 1 DK | Tank/Stam -
    || Aldmeri Dominion ||

• Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All will be okay.

Good one
  • Wolfahm
    Wolfahm
    ✭✭✭
    All will be okay.

must be a console player that has not learned the true power of the failure that is ZoS.
    MAKE KHAJIITS CRIT AGAIN!!!

|Wolf Ahm the Unchained|
    - 4 Nightblades | 3 Stam/1 Mag -
    - 2 Templars | Stam/Healer -
    - 2 Sorc | Stam/Mag -
    - 2 Wardens | Stam/Mag -
    - 1 DK | Tank/Stam -
    || Aldmeri Dominion ||

• NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭

Haha I chase the zergs good sir -- if you play well you can go 20 rounds on your own with a full zerg and never die -- but if its any help...

If a keep is popped, with lots of seige on it (if you have cyrhud) -- Don't go there.

If a non-strategic keep is under attack while a strategic keep is under attack -- Go to the non-strategic keep.

Ask yourself -- What is the closest, non-contested enemy resource? -- Go there, make it contested.

Usually outposts are minor conflicts, so they are pretty safe bets for some dirty action.

Go to the little crossed swords, stay away from the big crossed swords, and stay away from the 3 way crossed swords. You will start to develop an understanding of where the best little fights often occur.

Move outward from scrolls toward enemy territory as they move toward your territory.

Chasing the zergs doesn't really work to avoid the lag. You can be 100 yards or more from a zerg and still be caught up in the lag right now.
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    Website
    DISCORD
  • NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭
    All skill, gear and levels go out the window. It becomes a battle of "Who can lag the least".

This is how it feels. I know Fengrush has become very frustrated with the lag also... his last few streams I can feel his pain.
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    Website
    DISCORD
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Chasing the zergs doesn't really work to avoid the lag. You can be 100 yards or more from a zerg and still be caught up in the lag right now.

Thats true, my chasing the zerg is not connected to low latency play. Its just fun to do if you encounter a zerg. However, zergs with no counter force produce significantly lower latency.
    Praise Malacath.
  • NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Monday patch has come and gone, yet the lag still is a harsh reality in Cyrodiil. Their attempt to reduce it by limiting alliance buff abilities to only group members seems to have done little to remove the horrible lag.

I have been forced now to only do Imperial City group runs with my guild because Cyrodiil siege is just not enjoyable.
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    Website
    DISCORD
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This is how it feels. I know Fengrush has become very frustrated with the lag also... his last few streams I can feel his pain.

Tbh, streamers that want to solo play on Azura's and complain about the lag are funny to me, if all the streamers (who have a platform to advocate these things) and small scale guilds would pick a campaign and go there they'd be able to avoid a lot of lag while also helping to create an environment in which smaller scale pvp could flourish. But it seems as if most of them would just rather get together and whine about things instead of making the best of our current situation or trying to use their platform and audience as a way to actually promote a change.

Unfortunately, at this point, it is going to have to be the player base that is pro-active about trying to prevent lag, given that ZoS has shown complete ineptitude. The problem is the player base seems more content to complain and less apt to actually do anything. It is necessary to understand that some people just want to complain. They don't want to do anything to change or improve their situation.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on December 1, 2015 4:23PM
  • NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Tbh, streamers that want to solo play on Azura's and complain about the lag are funny to me, if all the streamers (who have a platform to advocate these things) and small scale guilds would pick a campaign and go there they'd be able to avoid a lot of lag while also helping to create an environment in which smaller scale pvp could flourish. But it seems as if most of them would just rather get together and whine about things instead of making the best of our current situation or trying to use their platform and audience as a way to actually promote a change.

Unfortunately, at this point, it is going to have to be the player base that is pro-active about trying to prevent lag, given that ZoS has shown complete ineptitude. The problem is the player base seems more content to complain and less apt to actually do anything. It is necessary to understand that some people just want to complain. They don't want to do anything to change or improve their situation.

With a situation like this (lag) there is little the player base can do to prevent the lag. Last night I was in Azura's Star and most of the siege fights on the keeps were small compared to previous fights in the campaign and still the lag was there. In one case my faction was taking a keep with no resistance from the other factions and there still was ability and server response lag. This is something ZOS has to fix on their end!
    Edited by NobleNerd on December 1, 2015 4:29PM
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    Website
    DISCORD
  • McGordon
    McGordon
    ✭✭✭
    Im sure problem is in your site. I don't have any lags. I have normal 10fps and 600-999+ ping.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

To quote FENGRUSH

So basically he is part of the lag.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed "some" improvement with the changes in v2.2.7 -- still nowhere near where it should be, but the change is noticeable.
  • NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    I noticed "some" improvement with the changes in v2.2.7 -- still nowhere near where it should be, but the change is noticeable.

There was a slight improvement, but that's like saying "I cleaned half of the horse stale of manure".
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    Website
    DISCORD
  • jim_mau
    jim_mau
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

this
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 seconds to change weapons, having to mash the number keys multiple times to successfully fire off a spell 10 seconds later, choppy movement, swinging my maul around like a noob hoping to hit something.. Azuras is the epitome of dogsh*t.
    I don't mean to sound so harsh, but it has been unplayable for some time now and it's really not enjoyable.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    4 seconds to change weapons, having to mash the number keys multiple times to successfully fire off a spell 10 seconds later, choppy movement, swinging my maul around like a noob hoping to hit something.. Azuras is the epitome of dogsh*t.
    I don't mean to sound so harsh, but it has been unplayable for some time now and it's really not enjoyable.

Yeah, even with tweaks on my end to fix the framerate issue so that een with mass pvp battles I get 45 fps, the lag just kills it. I mean, 500 ms ping? That is just unacceptable, how am I supposed to battle with half a second or more of a delay? Just not possible.
  • NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

Is it possible the Azura's Star campaign is part of the issue or are players experiencing it on the other campaigns too?

I know the 7 day campaigns are usually very dead and just the 2 30 days are active but a few commenting mention Azura...
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    Website
    DISCORD
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fix the lag?

jQmVFypWInKCc.gif

You must be new around here!
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fix the lag?

jQmVFypWInKCc.gif

As humorous as this post is, it does nothing to help. I know that lag has been an issue in PvP since beta (even). I have been her the whole time. Many I am sure have taken up the same attitude as you and just jokingly pushed it under the rub, but it is still an issue that needs to be addressed and eventually fixed.
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    Website
    DISCORD
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fix the lag?

jQmVFypWInKCc.gif

As humorous as this post is, it does nothing to help. I know that lag has been an issue in PvP since beta (even). I have been her the whole time. Many I am sure have taken up the same attitude as you and just jokingly pushed it under the rub, but it is still an issue that needs to be addressed and eventually fixed.

Actually he's not laughing at you...

It is just what we think ZOS does when we create the zillionth post about that issue...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique