The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How to get skillpoints from bugged group challenges in public dungeons.

Eas007
Eas007
✭✭✭
The past few months I leveled my main through silver and gold. Did all the public dungeons and group challenges. At least 3 (may have been 5) didn't give the skillpoint at the end. As far as I'm aware a known issue for quite some time now.

I sent a bug report for most if not all of them but didn't get any response. So my question is how do I get the skillpoints? As I see it I payed (and still do through ESO membership) for a product that doens't deliver and what it should do. I should be able to get my skillpoints.

Willing to do the missed dungeons again if that's what it takes. Just want my skillpoints. Any solutions?

Thx before hand.
United we stand, divided we fall. Shields as one!
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds quite extreme :worried:

(I once tried doing an entire public dungeon alone (group event and everything), got the achievements, and then the next day it was gone from my journal! But ZOS were quick to respond, and my achievements were back the next day. So I assume they should be able to fix your issue pretty quickly - although this doesn't seem to be the case.)

But I don't think there's anything more you can do. Sending bug reports (and posting on forums) should "technically" be enough. But like you've already mentioned, it might be quicker to just do the dungeons again.
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Eas007
    Eas007
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, they responded quite quickly on my mail. Let's see how that works out.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for the record, they don't reply to /bug reports. If you want them to take action on an issue in-game (like a missing skill point), use /help instead.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Eas007
    Eas007
    ✭✭✭
    Someone is helping now and they repsonded quickly to my mail. So happy with the support so far. Let's hope we get this fixed.
  • Eas007
    Eas007
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I've been mailing back and forth with the support people the last few days. The issue is resolved and I'm a bit ashamed to admit, but I cried wolf a bit too soon :#

Big thank you to the support team, you realy came through! Quick, helpful and polite. Job well done!
  • Eas007
    Eas007
    ✭✭✭
    A little tip for people who are hunting the same skillpoints. You only get the achievement and skillpoint when you fight the boss from the start. I entered several rooms where people were already fighting the boss and joined the fight half way through wich didn't update my achievement. Only when I waited for the respawn and entered the fight from the beginning I got the achievement and skillpoint.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1308831460_cd698b82b4.jpg
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Eas007
    Eas007
    ✭✭✭
    Well I had one achievement without a skillpoint but got that one with resetting. Rest was boss issues. So yea, do'h seems the right word :P