Maintenance for the week of July 16:
· [IN PROGRESS] Xbox One: North American and European megaservers for patch maintenance – July 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®4: North American and European megaservers for patch maintenance – July 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC)

OS X 10.11.2 Public Beta

Kaes3kuch3n
Kaes3kuch3n
Soul Shriven
OS X 10.11.2 Public Beta came out some days ago and I was wondering if it was safe to update. Anyone tested it yet?

Btw: ESO doesn't work for me on OS X 10.11.1 (15B42). When I press Play, the game launches for one or two seconds but then it crashes. Am I the only one with this problem? Does anyone know how to fix this?
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    Community-Botschafter
    ESO doesn't work for me on OS X 10.11.1 (15B42). When I press Play, the game launches for one or two seconds but then it crashes. Am I the only one with this problem? Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Odd. After some trouble in the late betas of 10.11 (which was solved by a workaround posted here), the launching of the client doesn't act up any longer after one of the more recent client patches. The game starts just fine under 10.11.1.

    Have you tried repairing the client from the Launcher? Have you installed all of the latest patches?
    OS X 10.11.2 Public Beta came out some days ago and I was wondering if it was safe to update. Anyone tested it yet?
    I haven't found the time to test it yet. Anyhow, you should never install beta OS updates on a machine that's used productively, even for "productive playing". :tongue: I've set aside my current iMac's predecessor (which is now mainly used a a secondary display) specifically for testing things. This way, I'm still able to do all of my productive stuff (and playing games on the side) should one of those betas turn out to be not so stable or incompatible with the programs I regularly use (early OS 10.11 was a mess for quite a few Developer Preview iterations).

    Edit: updated my testbed to 10.11.2 Beta (15C47a). ESO client 2.2.6.1236860 (German language version) launches and plays fine so far.

    Edited by KhajitFurTrader on November 25, 2015 11:25PM
  • Kaes3kuch3n
    Kaes3kuch3n
    Soul Shriven
    Odd. After some trouble in the late betas of 10.11 (which was solved by a workaround posted here), the launching of the client doesn't act up any longer after one of the more recent client patches. The game starts just fine under 10.11.1.

    Have you tried repairing the client from the Launcher? Have you installed all of the latest patches?

    Yes, I tried to repair it at least twice, but it didn't find anything and there are no updates available (version 1.3.6.1133142, English language). I even tried out the workaround but it's not working for me. It just shows me this error: "*** error for object 0xbfffde50: pointer being reallocated was not allocated"

    I wrote a message to the support yesterday, but as a reply I got a message from the Fallout 4 support which was no help at all :|

    Do you think I should try updating to the beta? Or maybe use the German version? (I'm from Germany, so that would be no problem for me :) But we are in an English forum, so I'm replying in English)
    Edited by Kaes3kuch3n on November 26, 2015 1:49PM
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    Community-Botschafter
    Yes, I tried to repair it at least twice, but it didn't find anything and there are no updates available (version 1.3.6.1133142, English language). I even tried out the workaround but it's not working for me. It just shows me this error: "*** error for object 0xbfffde50: pointer being reallocated was not allocated"

    Do you think I should try updating to the beta? Or maybe use the German version? (I'm from Germany, so that would be no problem for me :) But we are in an English forum, so I'm replying in English)

    1.3.6.1133142 is the current launcher version. To check for the game version open the file

    /Applications/ZeniMax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online EU/depot/_databuild/databuild.stamp

    in a text editor, or simply cat(1) it in the shell. It should read
    0.win.0.live.1236860
    2015/11/13:03:04:26
    2.2.6
    

    English or German language version should make no difference at all; I just chose German for my testbed out of a whim, as I vastly prefer playing in English on my regular machine, which is on 10.11.1 and runs the client just fine. I doubt that the issue you're seeing will be fixed by installing a beta OS patch, but I guess it might be worth a shot -- just make sure you have a current image or TM backup which can be restored...

    ..but before you do this, please make sure to check out the suggested fixes in the Known Technical Issues list.
  • Kaes3kuch3n
    Kaes3kuch3n
    Soul Shriven
    Okay, I installed the beta now and it works again o:) Thank you very much for helping me :) (You don't know how happy I am right now :D )
Sign In or Register to comment.