Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

VR16 potency drop rates way too low in Wrothgar

helediron
helediron
✭✭✭✭✭
Currently VR16 potency runes drop very rarely in Wrothgar. Some people have got one or two after several weeks. I myself have got none from maybe 2000 harvested nodes. I think nothing justifies such low drop rate. When farming mats, i believe we should be able gather both raw mats and runes at roughly same rate. After all potencies are just ordinary stuff. Maybe this is just a bug - a decimal point in wrong place?

Ten minutes to get one in IC - weeks without one in Wrothgar.

I am suggesting that ZOS increases VR16 potency drop rates so that every twentieth potency rune is VR16, favoring more Repora. Hakeijo should also drop rarely, maybe from survey maps like nirncrux in Craglorn? Please have a look, @MSchroeder . IIRC lower Wrothgar has about 60 rune nodes. If every third node is potency, then one of them would drop VR16 on average. In practice that means multiple runs throughout the area.
On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it should be 60% tier9, 30% v15, 10% v10

For now, it's more 70/29/1.

Zos, don't forget that v15 stuff is only here "temporaly while getting v16 one" for almost all your community.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But then they trash the IC economy. Who would want to farm TV stones to buy a rune when you can get one for free while wandering around Wrothgar?

Don't get me wrong, I agree that the drop rate (if it exists, I haven't seen any) is too low. The problem is the artificial separation between VR15 and VR16 enchantments, which is solely there to enforce yet another grind if you want VR16 gear. If you are going to complain about VR16 rune drop rates you might as well complain about VR16 material requirements.

All just part of the grind...

• Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    yeah the drop rates are kinda low. My complaint is the Pora (rank 1) runes that I have found when I have enchant fully maxed. I've gotten 3 or 4 of those
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But then they trash the IC economy. Who would want to farm TV stones to buy a rune when you can get one for free while wandering around Wrothgar?

Don't get me wrong, I agree that the drop rate (if it exists, I haven't seen any) is too low. The problem is the artificial separation between VR15 and VR16 enchantments, which is solely there to enforce yet another grind if you want VR16 gear. If you are going to complain about VR16 rune drop rates you might as well complain about VR16 material requirements.

All just part of the grind...
    Naturally PvP players would farm IC, because they can't stand PvE, and they love the excitement the risk of losing stones gives them. :mrgreen: What i suggest is still much harder than IC. They would be no free pickings. Think of having to harvest at least half Wrothgar, and you might get one. In IC farm two big rooms, and go shopping. If that trashes IC economy, so be it.

Ten minutes to get one in IC - three weeks without one in Wrothgar.

Current VR16 potency drop rate is an anomaly, and not in line what it is supposed to be. My claim is that by farming and doing writs in Wrothgar (and without any access to IC) we should be able craft full VR16 golden sets. Everything else can be acquired in roughly same timeframe, except VR16 potency runes and Hakeijo.

I also think that gathering mats and tenfold mats requirement for VR16 is overall too grindy. But we have multiple threads poking ZOS about that. Heck, I have five VR16s to dress up. Only three of them have proper VR16 top gear, so tell me about it. I haven't been able to finish Wrothgar quests yet on any toon, because the grind steals the time from fun.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Eternity
    Eternity
    I agree 100%
    In PvE you can search 100 hours without success.
    Farming TV stones is less than a hour
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have heard you can get Hakeijo out of the heavy sacks but I have not seen this myself.

I like the idea of having a drop rate for Hakeijo and a guaranteed drop of V15 or V16 potencies in the Wrothgar surveys. It's frustrating to mostly get Kuras and Kudes off those things.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did some quick stats on the runes I've farmed since Orsinium started, all on my max-crafting character. Note that this includes the few Enchanter Surveys I've found.

260 Potency Runes:
    • 2 Level 10 (0.8%) ???
    • 194 Level v14 (75%)
    • 63 Level v15 (24%)
    • 1 Level v16 (0.4%)

167 Aspect Runes:
    • 88 Ta (53%)
    • 45 Jejota (27%)
    • 13 Denata (14%)
    • 10 Rekuta (6%)
    • 1 Kuta (0.6%)

For the Aspect I'm guessing the rates are supposed to be 50/25/12.5/6.1/3% (powers of 2) but I've just been unlucky with Kutas. I hope the fact I've gotten twice as many level 10 potencies as v16 ones is merely a bug.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I did some quick stats on the runes I've farmed since Orsinium started, all on my max-crafting character. Note that this includes the few Enchanter Surveys I've found.

260 Potency Runes:
    • 2 Level 10 (0.8%) ???
    • 194 Level v14 (75%)
    • 63 Level v15 (24%)
    • 1 Level v16 (0.4%)

167 Aspect Runes:
    • 88 Ta (53%)
    • 45 Jejota (27%)
    • 13 Denata (14%)
    • 10 Rekuta (6%)
    • 1 Kuta (0.6%)

For the Aspect I'm guessing the rates are supposed to be 50/25/12.5/6.1/3% (powers of 2) but I've just been unlucky with Kutas. I hope the fact I've gotten twice as many level 10 potencies as v16 ones is merely a bug.

Of all the Aspect Runes I've come across I have found about as many Jejota as I have Ta, perhaps a bit more Ta but not at the same rate you have. It would honestly most likely take multiple surveys to get a truly accurate rate going but more than anything RNG dictates all, and it's never set in stone lol
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on November 26, 2015 4:39AM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally got one V16 potency Repora from Wrothgar.Wow, it took over a month and few thousand rune nodes. With this rate i could make my own harvested glyphs to a full 12 item gear somewhere at year 2017.

Seriously, VR16 potency drop rates should be increased hundredfold. Current drop rate is not rare but infinitesimal. The drop rate is maybe somewhere at 0.02% . This can't be intentional, unless ZOS just wanted to be able to say that they drop in Wrothgar. This is either a bug or a cheat. For comparison i have got twelve Kutas from nodes in Wrothgar and harvested top tier mats for two full VR16 gear sets. I should have got tens of VR16 potencies by now.

Hakeijos should drop rarely, but seems they don"t drop at all from nodes. I know one player got five Hakeijos from heavy sack in IC dungeon. In theory that means Wrothgar heavy sacks might drop them too. I propose Hakeijos to drop from enchantment survey nodes at same rate as Kuta.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, the V16 poteny rune drop rates are pretty sad. I farm every potency node I come across, along with 3 alts doing the enchanting writs/survey maps, and I have yet to acquire a single V16 rune. They are still trying to force people to farm IC and buy the runes with TV stones.
  • Morozov
    Morozov
    ✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    I finally got one V16 potency Repora from Wrothgar.Wow, it took over a month and few thousand rune nodes. With this rate i could make my own harvested glyphs to a full 12 item gear somewhere at year 2017.

Seriously, VR16 potency drop rates should be increased hundredfold. Current drop rate is not rare but infinitesimal. The drop rate is maybe somewhere at 0.02% . This can't be intentional, unless ZOS just wanted to be able to say that they drop in Wrothgar. This is either a bug or a cheat. For comparison i have got twelve Kutas from nodes in Wrothgar and harvested top tier mats for two full VR16 gear sets. I should have got tens of VR16 potencies by now.

Hakeijos should drop rarely, but seems they don"t drop at all from nodes. I know one player got five Hakeijos from heavy sack in IC dungeon. In theory that means Wrothgar heavy sacks might drop them too. I propose Hakeijos to drop from enchantment survey nodes at same rate as Kuta.

you get a +1 insightful for use of the word "Infinitesimal"
    AD
    Victorem
    PC - NA - AZ
    Vr 16: Morozov - DK
    Vr 1: Zephyr Grimm - Sorc
    Vr 5: Sad_Bunnie - Templar
    23: Repressed-Canadian-Rage - NB
    Voted "Most likely to squirrel off the crown" PC-NA
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I farm every node i find in wrothgar. No kuta, no others that I need now. I don't even know what to do with all these low level glyphs...

My kingdom for a heavy sack with kutas!

Oh and for some reason, this week, the IC is a very dangerous place to be... CURSES!
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • MishMash
    MishMash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since the release of Wrothgar, I've picked up 1 Repora stone, and 4 Kutas. The Devs themselves could check my time-card and see that I've been farming the area heavily since the release. The drop rate is PATHETIC! It is not a luck thing either. When it comes V16 rewards that is also an issue. I feel as if I waste my time because of all the V15 armor I've gotten... quadruples of the same item. The V16 drop rate needs to be increased especially since they are BOP! This is not just my opinion or experience because I do ask other friends doing the same thing in this game-- they all feel the same as I do.
    PC NA DC 4eva! I try my very best. If it is not good enough for you too bad! Playing off and on since April 2014 CP2009.
  • darkdivideb16_ESO
    Been back 10 days after a long break & this v16 runes garbage already has me hovering over the unsub button, in 10 days I've gathered enough mats to make 4 v16 pieces ( 2 armour, 2 weapons),. but havent found a single v16 potency rune yet, just feel like theyre telling us go pvp or go away.

Oh & also in this time I've found 2 kuta, so the highest quality aspect rune is far more common than the basic potency you need to create a max level rune.... I get the feeling I know what will be offered in the cash shop next, this stinks to high hell of it following the way of motifs except those arent essential to gameplay, unlike runes which are.
  • MishMash
    MishMash
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just got a message from my friend that he thinks he is unsubscribing and feels he is being ripped off by this game because he has been trying for a month and cannot get any Kutas or Reporas, and he is also complaining he is not getting stamina while fighting (whatever that means)
    PC NA DC 4eva! I try my very best. If it is not good enough for you too bad! Playing off and on since April 2014 CP2009.
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find Kutas fairly regularly. Got 3 over the weekend.

Vr15 potency runes are a bit rare, but at least doable if you need to make enough for new equipment. The Vr16 ones are crazy rare. I have better luck getting perfect roe and that's not good at all.

Maybe in the Crown Store soon?
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar enchanter surveys done=12. Repora found in surveys and open world=0.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    I have heard you can get Hakeijo out of the heavy sacks but I have not seen this myself.

I like the idea of having a drop rate for Hakeijo and a guaranteed drop of V15 or V16 potencies in the Wrothgar surveys. It's frustrating to mostly get Kuras and Kudes off those things.

I actually did farm 5 Hakeijo stones in 1 heavy bag in Watcher's Hold about 3 weeks ago, never happened since. (this was on my level 50 enchanting crafter)
    Edited by starlizard70ub17_ESO on December 14, 2015 8:12PM
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »

I actually did farm 5 Hakeijo stones in 1 heavy bag in Watcher's Hold about 3 weeks ago, never happened since. (this was on my level 50 enchanting crafter)

New mission: find all heavy sacks!
  • darkdivideb16_ESO
    So after asking guildies they say the repora cost 400 TV which they can grind in 5 minutes, compare that to the 0 I have in 2 weeks looting every heavy sack/chest/potency node I can find in wrothgar, wth are you playing at zos?

Oh & I've now found 4 kutas in that time for comparison...along with:

roughly 350 kura 220 kude (approximate as I dont know exactly how many I had before Wrothgar, was around 100)

49 Rejera (may be off by 1 or 2 as I do the writs, which still dont give v16)
    30 Jehade
    Edited by darkdivideb16_ESO on December 17, 2015 11:12PM
  • darkdivideb16_ESO
    Ok last night I finally got my 1st v16 potency, so lets break the numbers down:

13 pieces of gear to rune (7 armour, 3 jewellery, 1 mainhand 2 x offhand) x 2 weeks = 26 weeks or 6 months if you prefer

This is for 1 character, I have 4, so 4 x 26 = 104 weeks or 2 years.

104 x 21 hours (average of 3 a day, more on a weekend) = 2184 hours spent picking nodes......, PROVIDING you get the exact runes you want, wrong rune = 2 weeks extra per wrong rune, also assuming you dont dual wield or S&B on both.

This is also assuming you only want 1 set of gear per char..... that you dont for example run as tank/dps or healer/tank etc.

Not forgetting ofc that there will be dlc before we get anywhere near those 2 years.

All this is assuming ofc that I actually do see another v16 in the next 2 weeks.... if I havent uninstalled by that point, not going to threaten to unsub because I did that already after 10 days of this garbage.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've spent the last couple of weeks intensely farming in Wrothgar, not keeping track of every little thing I pick up but hitting pretty much every node I see. I'm swimming in v16 mats and Lorkhan's Tears, found probably four kutas, lots of tempers from refining, etc.

A couple days ago I set out to make some PvE gear for my stamblade, a nice Hunding's set at v16. I had plenty of mats and most of the tempers I need to go all gold, so I figured surely I had collected enough repora for five stamina enchants.

I had two.

I'm not sure if they came from nodes or from one of my many maxed-out enchanting hirelings, but stacks upon stacks of ruby mats, many kutas and tempers, and two repora.

Thankfully I still have a good stock of TV stones, but even if I didn't it would take all of 10 minutes goofing around in the sewers to earn the 1,200 stones needed to buy three repora, versus weeks of farming in Wrothgar for two.

Enchanters are getting seriously jerked around in Wrothgar, it's at the point where I just want to skip the potency nodes all together... I have plenty of kuras and whatnot.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, V16 runes and Kuta drop rates are stupid. Ive been farming Wrothgar as well. Have enough mats to make the armor but I cant make runes because I havent been able to get 1 Repora yet from a node.

Another thing is Tempering Alloy. The amount from refining has dropped through the floor. I used to get 1-2 per stack now I hardly get any. Tonight I refined 200 rubidite and 400 voidstone and got 1 lousy temper.....1! Its been that way for weeks. Stacks and stacks of mats refined and I get 1 maybe 2 if Im lucky. Im sick of farming and farming and farming and farming.....

Ill be able to make yellow V16 armor with runes and sometime in 2020 at this rate.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • darkdivideb16_ESO
    Ok so the final numbers after a month of grinding white mats......god that was (nt) fun

1400 Kura
    761 Kude
    294 Rejera
    173 Jehade
    20 Rekura
    16 Repora
    2 Itade
    16 random other low level runes

Now one thing very much of note was that half my repora came in just 2 days, a couple of days before xmas & a couple of days after, my guess is the increase was due to ppl being away travelling to/from family, that means just 8 Repora dropped in 29 days.

Also I'm pretty sure that ppl are looting nodes & if theyre kura/kude just leaving them, as I have seen several times mobs killed & other nodes looted in an area with lots of nodes that couldnt be missed considering the ones they had picked, & without fail all the remaining nodes in that area are kura/kude.

In the time I've wasted doing this a pvp player could have earned enough to buy 1200 of the exact v16 runes they want, this is beyond ridiculously unbalanced.

Zos needs to pick one of the 3 options to fix it:

1) Massively increase v16 drop rate (0.001 to 0.002 is not massive!)

2) Remove Kura/Kude from Wrothgar (Like we didnt get enough from v10 zones/Craglorn!)

3) Both of the above
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know many will disagree, but I'd even settle for splitting the chance three ways with all current sources of Kuta like hirelings, writs, and drops (incl. surveys). Even with a main and four alts I don't really need, though it is a nice source of income, the 100+ Kuta I picked up since console release.
  • darkdivideb16_ESO
    Thats something else I forgot to mention, I got 0 v16 from hirelings, writs, or heavy sacks.

To put some maths behind the numbers I posted earlier, thats a total of 2664 junk runes for just 18 v16 runes, & If I have the maths right, 18/2664*100, thats a drop rate of 0.67% rounded off.

Also it equates to 0.18 runes per hour, roughly 1 rune for every 6 hours farming, bear in mind tho if not for the 2 lucky days I mentioned earlier, the numbers would be far far worse, probably around 0.33% chance, or 1 rune every 12 hours, compare these figures with pvp getting 1 rune of choice for 5 mins work.

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats something else I forgot to mention, I got 0 v16 from hirelings, writs, or heavy sacks.

To put some maths behind the numbers I posted earlier, thats a total of 2664 junk runes for just 18 v16 runes, & If I have the maths right, 18/2664*100, thats a drop rate of 0.67% rounded off.

Also it equates to 0.18 runes per hour, roughly 1 rune for every 6 hours farming, bear in mind tho if not for the 2 lucky days I mentioned earlier, the numbers would be far far worse, probably around 0.33% chance, or 1 rune every 12 hours, compare these figures with pvp getting 1 rune of choice for 5 mins work.
    That's some serious farming! I endeded having 1 Repora from about 2000 nodes. I had some statistics of 1600 nodes and estimated collecting maybe 500 after that. The difference to drop rates is big. Mine was somewhere 0,05%, made from sample size of one :astonished: . That's how RNG behaves: the lower the drop rate, the wilder variations will be.

I gave up and stopped farming in Wrothgar, except some casual picks along the road to survey maps. Whatever the the drop rate is, it doesn't matter any more. For me Nirn farming was the outer limit, how far RNG squeezing can go. Nirncruxes were very desirable items, but these Reporas are just everyday stuff - far from epic or legendary stuff. ZOS added the very low drop rate so that they can say it is dropping, but in fact they try to blackmail last sales of IC with this.
  • darkdivideb16_ESO
    Ok so now everybody has had enough of this, noone whatsoever is picking up any of the v10 crappy runes, every last node in the whole of Wrothgar is now Kura/Kude, so your only chance at a v16 potency is now the split second the servers come back on after maintenance.

Can we at least get some sort of response to say this is at least being looked at? Its been out what? 3 months now? not even so much as a word that theyre aware of the problem.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok so now everybody has had enough of this, noone whatsoever is picking up any of the v10 crappy runes, every last node in the whole of Wrothgar is now Kura/Kude, so your only chance at a v16 potency is now the split second the servers come back on after maintenance.

Can we at least get some sort of response to say this is at least being looked at? Its been out what? 3 months now? not even so much as a word that theyre aware of the problem.

I still harvest them, mainly because I just have to know... maybe, just maybe this could be the one that gives me the rare VR16 that everyone else says can be harvested in the wild.

Never is, but at least I can sell the VR10 runes.

I've totally given up on the essence runes though. Only so much space in my bank.
  • darkdivideb16_ESO
    Still no word about this 3 months after release...