The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Can't Receive Account Code

TheElf
TheElf
✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeP4paRh8To

Anyone here familiar with "There's A Hole In My Bucket?" Its a nursery rhyme about circular logic (sort of). And the lack of foresight that people use when trying to solve problems. Kind of like how I feel with Zenimax's account management here.

Let's go over what has transpired: I create ESO account back during the beta age, known as TheElf. I set up said account to use email address, say Email_Add1. Couple of years later, I decide to delete Email_Add1 because I worry it has been compromised along with other reasons. But, now that I have no access to that e-mail, I figure I should update my ESO account to reflect that new e-mail address. So, let's log in and change that...

"For your security, we've sent a special access code to your registered email address. To verify that you're the owner of this account, please enter the access code below"

Excuse me...what? I need to log in to that account to CHANGE the address that you're sending that verification code to, because it doesn't EXIST anymore! WHY would anyone think this system is a good idea? But whatever...let's play devil's advocate here for a second and assume ZeniMax isn't ACTUALLY full of incompetent web developers and that I should look in the DELETED e-mail account to find this "special access code."

So, let's undelete (much easier said than done) the e-mail account that I deleted for my own reasons, one of which being I fear it has been compromised and so keeping an account like that active with my ESO subscription is NOT a good idea, and take a look to see if we can find this "special access code..." Nope. Not there. Okay, that's fine, its been a while, maybe something got screwy. Let's try having it sent again....

...and again...

...and again...

(12 days later)

...Nope. Still no sign of it. Anywhere. And I, unlike the web developers here, am a competent person and know how to look in my spam, junk, etc. folders. I've never had an issue with ZeniMax sending me e-mails trying to get me to PAY them money for buying new expansions, but when it comes to account services...suddenly its MY or my e-mail provider's fault that the e-mails aren't getting through. To add to this mess, I just had my friend buy this game so we could play together, and now I look like an @$$ because ZeniMax won't let back into my account to play with him and he's essentially just wasted money.

I know I'm not the only person experiencing this issue. I'm counting three threads on this first page alone with around 10 replies each of other people experiencing this Mysterious Case of the Non-Existent "Special Access Code" Email." So...can somebody help me out here? Can I get some kind of response in a reasonable amount of time to get access back to my account? Ironically, I was able to update my e-mail for my Forum username but not the ESO account. So obviously any response should be directed at my forum e-mail account and not the ESO one.

P.S. I know ZeniMax and Bethesda are looking for developers with 5+ years of experience in the industry because I've wanted to get a job with y'all for a while, but clearly your candidates with 5+ years of experience are not quite competent enough to have the foresight to ensure this scenario (and the Mysterious Case of the None-Existent "Special Access Code" Email) do not become significant problems for their user base. In the off chance Bethesda or ZeniMax wants to not run into similar issues in the future, why don't you try switching it up a little? Hire someone like me (preferably just hire me!) that can recognize this glaring oversight! :tongue: