The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

(ORSINIUM SPOILERS) Who is the Trinimac the "progressive" Orcs are worshipping?

Thraben
Thraben
✭✭✭✭✭
As we all know, Trinimac vanished during the dawn era. Most people in Tamriel seem to think that he reappeared as Malacath. But who is this Trinimac the Orsinium Orcs are worshipping, then? (sorry for some writing errors, I was unable to edit them)
Edited by Thraben on November 19, 2015 1:57PM
Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.

(ORSINIUM SPOILERS) Who is the Trinimac the "progressive" Orcs are worshipping? 13 votes

Malacath is the jaded, sour and angry version of trinimac. They just worship his younger self.
38%
ArrerBoyrhymerLettigallRa'Shtargbsteve 5 votes
This Trinimac is made up by the Thalmor to reunite with the Orsimer and threaten humans und Dunmer
0%
After killing my whiney follower for him, I´m rather sure Boethiah is posing AGAIN as Trinimac and the Orcs are too dumb to notice it for the second time
23%
theroyalestpythonnub18_ESOSpacemonkeyCrimsonwolf666 3 votes
I secretely hope it´s Sanguine in his attempt to spread some passion, so that the sweet wood elf girl doesn´t keep me friendzoned for the next 3 DLCs
15%
nickreb17_ESOMinsc 2 votes
Malacath is just a demon and Trinimac the Aedroth is the true warrior god of the Orsimer! This I swear by my fancy golden robe!
15%
VerboseQuipsThe_4O4 2 votes
something or someone different (please explain)
0%
One of the other scheming dark daedra mentioned at the very end of the Orsinium main quest
7%
PanWriter 1 vote
  • gbsteve
    gbsteve
    ✭✭
    Malacath is the jaded, sour and angry version of trinimac. They just worship his younger self.
    I would go with the first. Two versions of the same entity. The conflict seems to draw from Islam's Sunni/Shia split.
    VR3 - Stamblade
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After killing my whiney follower for him, I´m rather sure Boethiah is posing AGAIN as Trinimac and the Orcs are too dumb to notice it for the second time
    Because Boethiah is so niiiiiffffffty
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trinimac is Boethia's snack
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • ArrerBoy
    ArrerBoy
    ✭✭✭
    Boethiah relieved himself of Trinimac and that became Malcath. He is literally God-Poop.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IIRC Laurence answered this; the church of Trinimac maintains that as a Divine, Trinimac died to help make the world along with the rest of the Divines, and the story about Malacanth having been him was just lies told by Daedric Princes.

I'm inclined to believe that's at best an incomplete story, as that doesn't explain where Malacanth came from or why he'd go along with it as much as he has. As the more traditional tale of Boethiah-ate-Trinimac-and-corrupted-him is shown to be quite possible--it's almost exactly what happens to the Warrior and the Mage in Craglorn (the Serpent even refers to it as 'consuming' them)--I suspect that there's at least some truth to it. That said as we saw with the Mage, it's entirely possible to have BOTH - most of Trinimac being 'eaten' but an aspect or two escaping to remain a focus for worship, just a less powerful one.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.