Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance June 5, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

enchanting nodes...WTF zeni!?

• poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's happened to Jora and Kura potency stones? For about a month I cannot for the life of me get them any more. They seem to prefer Jera and Rekura and don't get me started on Kuta!

I craft a lot and search for enchanting stones from Kenarith's Roost to Craglorn & in all factions to increase my chances and I also have the hireling send me stuff twice a day (3/3) but I may as well not bother.

They are fairly cheap at the Guild Stores. I never farm nodes.

I have been doing quite well in Wrothgar, 3 Kutas is a row. I have only had to fake one Rejera, my real low level Enchanter has quite a few, apart from that the writs and hireling's supplies, are keeping up well with my new VR level 50 Enchanter's needs..
    Options
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am getting all aspects in Wrothgar. It is just that Ta has so big share in droptables that RNG can play its tricks. You need to farm several hundred nodes to smooth it out. I think i've got four Kutas from about thousand nodes. A week ago i documented my catch, and then i got 2 Kuta from 680 nodes. V15 potencies had about 20% droprate and no v16.
    Screenshot%202015-10-29%2020.36.02.png

I consider this rarity of all v16 mats plain stupid. IC was a failure, and i can somehow understand the grind, because there was nothing else. But Orsinium has real content, and it is actually quite good. It does not need white mats grind at all. v16 potencies are never considered precious like Kuta. Besides there is no alternative to v16 potencies, they simply must exist. If you don't have Kutas, you can use lower aspects, even if you really don't want to. For v16 there is no such alternative. As a crafter i know people skip v15 and want to go straight to v16 because they have v16 toons.

ZOS, stop this stupidity with v16 potencies in Wrothgar. No one will buy IC any more. The rarity of v16 is just annoying people. There are similar problems with gear raw mats, and i wrote about it in this thread
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
    Options
  • FelixTheCatt
    FelixTheCatt
    ✭✭✭
    Been saying how "ta" heavy nodes have been for ages. I just assumed it fell on deaf ears or just my bad luck. It doesn't seem to matter what I have spent on points in enchanting ta is almost certainly what I get from hirelings/deconstructing glyphs/nodes etc. I get its the most common but throw us a bone man. Lol
    Xbox - Kuchini07
    Eso - FaCoffinDye (EP)
    Options
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple solution. Buy them in the guild shop. They don't cost much and it lets you avoid the sewers. I mean, for a v16 set you need 9 max right?
    Options
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Writs are a giant waste of time, money and mats, don't even bother.
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
    Options
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »
    Simple solution. Buy them in the guild shop. They don't cost much and it lets you avoid the sewers. I mean, for a v16 set you need 9 max right?

Itade/Repora are around 5k each currently.
    Kuta is around 5k.
    So it would be 10k-15k for V16 Gold Glyphs.
    100k-150k for a full set of V16 Gold Glyphs.
    50k-100k for a full set of V16 Purple Glyphs.

While that isn't out-of-this-world expensive, it's a little steep compared to putting Gold/Purple Glyphs on endgame gear when the cap was V10/V12/V14.

The issue in my opinion is why ZOS decided to change it. Glyphs used to cover several Vet levels each. V1-V3, V10-V14 etc. Since IC and the level increase to V16, now the craft is entirely more complicated, rare, and expensive. Why make V15 Glyphs/runes exclusive to V15 gear only? Why make V16 Glyphs/runes exclusive to V16 gear only?

Why did they change what wasn't broken to begin with?
    Edited by Alphashado on November 17, 2015 4:37PM
    Options
  • kupacmac
    kupacmac
    ✭✭✭
    It's too bad we can't combine runes at the enchanting table to upgrade them. So 3xTa = Jejota, 3xJejota = Denata, etc. Same for potency runes. It would have to be tied to your enchanting level though.
    Options
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kupacmac wrote: »
    It's too bad we can't combine runes at the enchanting table to upgrade them. So 3xTa = Jejota, 3xJejota = Denata, etc. Same for potency runes. It would have to be tied to your enchanting level though.
    That is a fantastic idea! I don't know about the numbers - maybe 4 Ta = 1 Jejota, 8 Jejota = 1 Denata? but something along these lines would be awesome.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Options
  • kupacmac
    kupacmac
    ✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    kupacmac wrote: »
    That is a fantastic idea! I don't know about the numbers - maybe 4 Ta = 1 Jejota, 8 Jejota = 1 Denata? but something along these lines would be awesome.

Well if it were 3 : 1 then the interface wouldn't require much of an update, and at that ratio it would take 81 Ta to make 1 Kuta. The prices would fluctuate some (drop slightly on the higher end and increase slightly on the lower end), but I don't see that as a bad thing.
    Options
  • Catblade
    Catblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    The direction they are taking the game in is garbage. I'm taking a break just grinding my two CP a day until they backslide on all these dumb ideas they implement with each dlc. Feels like I'm paying them to burn me and honestly I don't know if i want another dlc from them I may just start making the switch to something better.
    Edited by Catblade on November 19, 2015 5:45PM
    Options