The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

enchanting nodes...WTF zeni!?

Baconlad
Baconlad
✭✭✭✭✭
I ran around wrothgar last night looking to farm some enchanting nodes. After two hours I didn't find anything other than "Ta", and the v14 potency runes...(essence was fine since not related to level). I've also heard that enchanting survey don't give any usefull potency runes. So currently the only way to get them is to farm telvar stones and buy them...damnit! Fix the the crafting nodes for the max level crafters! We don't want loowbie crap! The grind is already STUPID compared to v14 with the amount of mats needed for gear, why make everything so rare on top of that!?
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done maybe 6 enchanting surveys and yep, they're garbage. I don't think I even got a single rekuta.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
    Options
  • blackronin83x
    blackronin83x
    ✭✭
    I agree with your general direction but just to be clear you can get the v15 potency runes NOT the v16... Or if you can the RNG is insane.
    I only came to melt faces; I leave the whining to the rest of you.
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soon in a Crown Store near you!
    Options
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But.....if you could get v16 runes in Wrothgar, there would be no reason for Imperial City to exist. >:)

That would work for me. :o
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
    Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's even an enchanting writ survey report in Wrothgar that has about 4 fewer nodes than the equivalent survey reports in every other zone!

Will post the specifics next time I get it...
    Edited by Flaminir on November 16, 2015 4:38PM
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    But.....if you could get v16 runes in Wrothgar, there would be no reason for Imperial City to exist. >:)

I love IC... that's where I got over my fear of PvPing. It will always have a special place in my heart
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They could at least make the enchanting writ surveys have a guaranteed drop of the v15 or v16 potency runes for top level enchanters. Instead they have fewer nodes than the Craglorn writs and only seem to drop v14 potency for me so far. Not a great reward.

At least I got Kuta from my hireling yesterday.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
    Options
  • Gelassenheit
    Gelassenheit
    ✭✭
    I can confirm that v16 enchanting runes can be gathered within Wrothgar.
    Options
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm this as well, its just...i have only gotten 1 after so many days of farming (Repora)
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
    Options
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Ourorboros wrote: »

I love IC... that's where I got over my fear of PvPing. It will always have a special place in my heart

Weird IC destroyed my prior love of PvP... go figure.

But back on topic - I am finding some v15 runes but no v16, this is tolerable because at least I can replenish the stock needed to fulfil writs but it would be nice to have some chance of getting Purple/Gold aspect runes again and maybe a small chance at the occasional v16 potency one.

Also consistent numbers of nodes in all the surveys would be nice... I am seeing anywhere between 5 and 8 depending on the survey and it would be good to be consistently have 8 nodes per survey - seems like such a basic mistake to make and such a simple one top identify and fix.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also consistent numbers of nodes in all the surveys would be nice... I am seeing anywhere between 5 and 8 depending on the survey and it would be good to be consistently have 8 nodes per survey - seems like such a basic mistake to make and such a simple one top identify and fix.

???

I have yet to fill a survey in Wrothgar, but all my enchanting surveys have been 6 nodes two each of each type. So this is now being ruled over by the notoriously labile RNG gods?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

???

I have yet to fill a survey in Wrothgar, but all my enchanting surveys have been 6 nodes two each of each type. So this is now being ruled over by the notoriously labile RNG gods?

I thought I remembered getting 7 enchant nodes per survey in Craglorn? But I could be wrong... but as the OP says there are less in Wrothgar for Enchanting and the quality of aspect/potency drops is dire.

But I was including ore, wood, cloth and herbs in my comment where I have had some with 8, some with 7 and some with 6 - it all seems to be a bit random :)
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
    Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weberda wrote: »
    I've done maybe 6 enchanting surveys and yep, they're garbage. I don't think I even got a single rekuta.

Stopped doing writs as soon as Orsinium came out. They're really not worth it any more. Rewards are far too low.

The whole gathering thing in Wrothgar is a mess IMHO. Just a way to shut some people up about how rare new mats are, but with everyone farming ONE zone, and with 90% of nodes still giving V14 mats, it's not going to be much of an improvement.
    Options
  • BlackguardBob
    BlackguardBob
    ✭✭✭
    What's happened to Jora and Kura potency stones? For about a month I cannot for the life of me get them any more. They seem to prefer Jera and Rekura and don't get me started on Kuta!

I craft a lot and search for enchanting stones from Kenarith's Roost to Craglorn & in all factions to increase my chances and I also have the hireling send me stuff twice a day (3/3) but I may as well not bother.
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    I ran around wrothgar last night looking to farm some enchanting nodes. After two hours I didn't find anything other than "Ta", and the v14 potency runes...(essence was fine since not related to level). I've also heard that enchanting survey don't give any usefull potency runes. So currently the only way to get them is to farm telvar stones and buy them...damnit! Fix the the crafting nodes for the max level crafters! We don't want loowbie crap! The grind is already STUPID compared to v14 with the amount of mats needed for gear, why make everything so rare on top of that!?

Also keep in mind others are doing the same thing and that certain people have a tendency to not take whatever they don't want and this leads to nodes being unable to spawn anything new. Your finding many Ta Runes is likely the result of people looting nodes until those appear, then people are leaving them alone because they don't want them.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
    Options
  • BajanX
    BajanX
    I thought I remembered getting 7 enchant nodes per survey in Craglorn? But I could be wrong... but as the OP says there are less in Wrothgar for Enchanting and the quality of aspect/potency drops is dire.

But I was including ore, wood, cloth and herbs in my comment where I have had some with 8, some with 7 and some with 6 - it all seems to be a bit random :)

ALL my surveys PRIOR to Orsinium had 8 nodes, now in Wrathgar I only get 7.
    Options
  • ontheleftcoast
    ontheleftcoast
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also keep in mind others are doing the same thing and that certain people have a tendency to not take whatever they don't want and this leads to nodes being unable to spawn anything new. Your finding many Ta Runes is likely the result of people looting nodes until those appear, then people are leaving them alone because they don't want them.

No, the real problem is that ZOS treats Ta and Kuta as the same thing. Nobody is going to waste a VR16 potency rune to craft a glyph with Ta. Nobody. It's asinine in the extreme. Once you get to veteran ranks nothing below Denata is worth using. At VR16 nothing but Kuta. That's the reality. Yet ZOS keeps shoveling 100% WORTHLESS nodes of Ta's and Jejota's at folks farming for high level mats. It's pathetic.

And the flip side of that is one of the first nodes I ever harvested, way way back in 2014, in one of the lowest level zones was a Kuta. Something you can't even use until level 20, maybe 30. That's more proof of their poor design for node drops.
    Edited by ontheleftcoast on November 16, 2015 8:07PM
    Options
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm that v16 enchanting runes can be gathered within Wrothgar.

I have been looting runes in orsinium since it dropped, have 3 max echanter hirelings and have been doing 3 max enchanter writs every day since it released. I have around 60 V15 runes and 0 (zero) V16 runes.

As far as all my enchanters are concerned, the presence of V16 runes in Wrothgar is a fantasy...

On the other hand, I have found the Wrothgar enchanting surveys to be quite rewarding, just NOT with V16 runes...
    Options
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see this thread, I started to think I'm the only one getting Ta and VR14 runes!
    This needs a fix asap!
    Also, finding only 3-5 Ruby mats withing a 5-10 hour session is not enough either, but it's still even worse with the runes. How am I supposed to equip 7-8 characters, ever? It's not even close to be enough for only one.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

Options
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, the real problem is that ZOS treats Ta and Kuta as the same thing.

Aspect Rune drop rates*

Ta = 75%
    Jejota = 20%
    Denata = 4%
    Rekuta = .9999999999%
    Kuta = .0000000001%

"We at ZOS wish you good luck in finding what you desire." All %'s are arbitrary, and completely chosen at our whim while experiencing "the gold sickness" on a Saturday night after checking the Crown Store profits.

*might be a non-scientifically calculated group of figures

Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »
    There's even an enchanting writ survey report in Wrothgar that has about 4 fewer nodes than the equivalent survey reports in every other zone!

Will post the specifics next time I get it...

Yeah the enchanting survey in Wrothgar is BS. Definitely has less nodes than the Craglorn one and I've never seen a V16 drop.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's almost like they want us to leave....
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
    Options
  • Flak
    Flak
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, doing the enchanting writs with 5 chars like me is like getting robbed. I have to buy the v15 runes although I'm deconstructing a ton of superb glyphs evry day. Just doing it for the kutas u can get from the reward bags.

GM of the progressive raiding Guild Ghosts and Goblins | Recruitment: Open

Roster

Flák - 50 Magicka DK DD
    Toxic Flák - 50 Stamina DK DD
    Flakká - 50 Magicka NB DD
    Sonic Flák - 50 Stam-Sorc DD
    Flákjack - 50 Stamplar DD
    Flák the Ripper - 50 StamNB DD
    Flakster - 50 Magicka Sorc DD
    Overwhelming Flak - 50 Magicka Templar Healer/DD
    Full Metal Flák - 50 Stamina DK Tank
    All Pact

YouTube
    Options
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree and WTH should there _ever_ be TAs in v10 plus nodes. Jesu.

The number of TAs in the World is Too Damn High!
    Edited by Islyn on November 16, 2015 10:34PM
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

???

There were definitely surveys with more than 6 nodes in Craglorn.
    Options
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no problem getting VR15 runes in Wrothgar but for gawd's sake why no VR16?

That sucks majorly ZOS
    Options
  • ElfFromSpace
    ElfFromSpace
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem with enchanting is that, unlike other crafting, the lowest level, Ta, is nearly completely useless. You may have 5 stacks of Hemming, but at least you have to use some of it each time you craft an item and there is a demand for it. Ta, on the other hand, is something no sane player will use for any purpose aside from making writ orders. There are probably hundreds of thousands of Ta sitting in people's banks never to be used and at least as many getting trashed for taking too much space. Please reduce the huge dominance of Ta, and perhaps even make it less common or stop dropping in higher end zones like craglorn. It's not as if there are even that many node locations to make over farming easy.
    Former GM Elder Scrolls Exchange
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No, the real problem is that ZOS treats Ta and Kuta as the same thing. Nobody is going to waste a VR16 potency rune to craft a glyph with Ta. Nobody. It's asinine in the extreme. Once you get to veteran ranks nothing below Denata is worth using. At VR16 nothing but Kuta. That's the reality. Yet ZOS keeps shoveling 100% WORTHLESS nodes of Ta's and Jejota's at folks farming for high level mats. It's pathetic.

And the flip side of that is one of the first nodes I ever harvested, way way back in 2014, in one of the lowest level zones was a Kuta. Something you can't even use until level 20, maybe 30. That's more proof of their poor design for node drops.

If places of high level did not give such low-quality materials though then the high-quality materials would lose value. I'm not a fan of finding Ta Runes either (got almost 400 of them) but I do recognize they keep market value in check and for that I can appreciate their presence.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on November 16, 2015 11:31PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
    Options
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    V16 runes drop, but they are super rare.

Crafting used to be enjoyable in this game, now it's just a PITA

I don't know if they are trying to spice things up by making mats rare and hard to come by, but to me anyways, it's having quite the opposite effect... It's annoying.

Forget WW or Clothier or BS, forget all the new motifs and how ridiculously high the cost is to craft V16 compared to V15 or how ridiculously tedious it's become getting motifs and motif shards. Nevermind that v15/16 gathering nodes only drop for max ranked crafters, and even then only 1/3 of the time. Nevermind that many people don't use their crafters to run dungeons, yet certain motifs and their bind on pickup Laurel are only available by running pledges and dungeons. Forget all that stuff, because it would take a full page write up to discuss it all.

This thread is about enchanting, so lets just focus on that for now... The worst part about this new system is that you can't even use lower level glyphs on V16 gear. The V14 stones are common enough, but you can only use them up to V14 gear... who wants to wear v14 gear anymore? Oh, then you have V15 gear which is much easier to get, yet you can only use V15 glyphs on V15 gear.... and you can only use V16 glyphs on V16 gear... What a hot mess ZOS has created.

Like I said, I used to really enjoy crafting in ESO. I have 9 traits in almost everything and a master crafter in each trade, but now it just seems too daunting to even bother with it anymore.
    Edited by Alphashado on November 17, 2015 3:58PM
    Options
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are V16 potency runes in wrothgar, I found 1 since release. ZOS just needs to increase the drop rate because it's way too low as it is. I'd also like to see that prismatic essence rune drop now and then.
    NA/PC
    Options