The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hooking Wrothgar's Biggest Catch

• Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troneon wrote: »
    @wenxue2222b16_ESO

Can't find any fishing holes where everyone has been saying....not in shallow parts anyway.

The shallow fishing holes don't always respawn regularly.

Keep checking and they will eventually show up.

BTW, BOTH of my purple fish in Wrothgar were caught in deeper ocean pools and not the shallows.

The difference for the second toon was having TWO other ppl fishing the same hole at night by the Morkul Plains wayshrine.
    I don't think one pool is better than the next as long as you are in the general area.
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure it has nothing to do with day/night or talking to the npc....

Completely RNG.
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure it has nothing to do with day/night or talking to the npc....

Completely RNG.

According to some patch notes, they fixed an issue where the purple fish was dropping outside intended conditions, and in fact when Orsinium came out, many people were reporting catching it at any time, often on their first try. I take the patch notes to mean that you now have to follow the hints given by the NPC (night time, group), or at least that doing so will increase your chances. I agree that you probably don't need to TALK to the NPC.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @wenxue2222b16_ESO

Can't find any fishing holes where everyone has been saying....not in shallow parts anyway.

The shallow fishing holes don't always respawn regularly.

Keep checking and they will eventually show up.

BTW, BOTH of my purple fish in Wrothgar were caught in deeper ocean pools and not the shallows.

The difference for the second toon was having TWO other ppl fishing the same hole at night by the Morkul Plains wayshrine.
    I don't think one pool is better than the next as long as you are in the general area.

I also caught mine in the actual ocean, not the shallow pools.
  • Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just talk to the npc... She tells you exactly what to do. There are a couple of fishing holes near her. Fish them at sunset
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Caught mine on the first ocean cast with my 1st Master Angler. Was quite surprised.
    Edited by CaptainObvious on January 8, 2016 8:12PM
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I tried to find this infamous NPC the other night, no joy. Spent some time fishing around there and no joy on the Purple Fish.

I did get a Perfect Roe out of 20 Fish caught though.

Anyway, where is this NPC?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    OK, I tried to find this infamous NPC the other night, no joy. Spent some time fishing around there and no joy on the Purple Fish.

I did get a Perfect Roe out of 20 Fish caught though.

Anyway, where is this NPC?

There is a village right next to the Morkold Plains Wayshrine and the NPC is on the outskirts of town fishing.

If what the NPC said is to be believed which I think she is, fish after sunset, meaning night time and have two others fishing with you.

I fished forever by myself and got nothing. Fishing with two others I got my purple fish on the third or fourth cast as did the two I was with.
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can't fish with three people, in wrothgar it bugs out and the 3rd person gets nothing, no fish or anything, you can only use 2 person per hole max.

Also talking to npc and fishing at a certain time of day or night and nearby does nothing.

It is completely RNG / Random.

I have tried everything said in this topic, got hundreds of fish but no purple fish....
    PC EU AD
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't fish with three people, in wrothgar it bugs out and the 3rd person gets nothing, no fish or anything, you can only use 2 person per hole max.

Also talking to npc and fishing at a certain time of day or night and nearby does nothing.

I have tried everything said in this topic, got hundreds of fish but no purple fish....

You can fish with 3 people. Bug doesn't happen 100% of the time (at least for me). If it does, switch hole.
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is so NOT the case. I did it last night and everything was fine.
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok we just tried it out right after sun set with 2 moons in the sky and 3 of us doing it but OUT OF GROUP, just fishing the same hole. North of npc.

3 of us all got it at same time and 4 others in zone chat also got it in different locations.

Just need the blue octopus now.

Cheers.

It's not all rng then, it just sometimes doesn't work for some reason. 3rd day and 3rd try it worked.
    Edited by Troneon on January 9, 2016 2:10AM
    PC EU AD
  • FilteredRiddle
    FilteredRiddle
    ✭✭✭✭
    I caught it in broad daylight.I literally spoke to the NPC, went to the fishing hole to her right, and the first fish I caught was the purple. I then had two guildmates who immediately followed and did the same.
    Edited by FilteredRiddle on January 9, 2016 6:22AM
    Xbox One NA
    The Sentinels of Padomay
    Obsidian Guard (Social with PvX Events)

Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now. Gamers don't sit around.
    - Jane McGonigal
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necro. Just caught it. Finally.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super Necro :)
    We caught it with 2 people, after just a few tries. It was during daytime (real life and in game) and without any special bait.

15778564_1076804992441917_432425032_o.png?oh=eae81e4cf39baba1581b320fc5798499&oe=58636B11
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • AeZ76
    AeZ76
    Soul Shriven
    First attempt

Followed the instructions in the tale (fish at night) paired with some atreaum fish bowl and it popped on my second salt water hole near the villager. Probably didnt need group bonus because of the food.
    Edited by AeZ76 on January 23, 2021 5:12AM
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Super Necro :)

Triple Omega Super Necro :)
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have closed this thread as it is old and the information within may be out of date. You can create a new thread to continue this discussion to ensure that all of the information will be as up to date as possible. Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.