Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Enchanting - Best way to level?

vamp_emily
vamp_emily
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I just ran out of mats, and I am at level 42 Enchanting.

I was thinking about spending all my gold on buying glyphs to get to level 50. Anyone have any good advice for me?

If you want a friend, get a dog.
AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you on EU PC per chance? If so I can send you some glyphs to decon.

Have you made a glyph with all unknown runes? Basically go through all and see if any have Unknown Effect and make a glyph with (except Kuta obvi!!) That boosts fast.

I think you only need to go to 45 or 46 I think? As long as you can unlock the highest potency that's all you need.

If you want max I can help you by mailing you some glyphs to decon.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »

I was thinking about spending all my gold on buying glyphs to get to level 50. Anyone have any good advice for me?

Decon the highest level glyphs you can get. It still takes a looooong time, but this is the best way. I've been feeding all my Monumental and lower to an alt, who is at level 48 after a couple months. This could have gone faster if I focused on getting more glyphs, but I just play normally. If you have a lot of gold, buy cheap glyphs, again at highest level possible. IIRC, zombies, undead, daedra drop the most glyphs.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Islyn wrote: »
    Are you on EU PC per chance? If so I can send you some glyphs to decon.

Have you made a glyph with all unknown runes? Basically go through all and see if any have Unknown Effect and make a glyph with (except Kuta obvi!!) That boosts fast.

I think you only need to go to 45 or 46 I think? As long as you can unlock the highest potency that's all you need.

If you want max I can help you by mailing you some glyphs to decon.

Thank you, but I am on the N/A server.

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    vamp_emily wrote: »

Decon the highest level glyphs you can get. It still takes a looooong time, but this is the best way. I've been feeding all my Monumental and lower to an alt, who is at level 48 after a couple months. This could have gone faster if I focused on getting more glyphs, but I just play normally. If you have a lot of gold, buy cheap glyphs, again at highest level possible. IIRC, zombies, undead, daedra drop the most glyphs.

[ Smiles ]

Ourorboros, If I am not mistaken you have all my gold ( just teasing ).

I guess I will keep doing what I have been doing, but it just seems to take so long.

• Count_Dracula
    Count_Dracula
    ✭✭✭
    after level 45 it takes about 20 Rekuta aspect stones to do one level
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Islyn what is your ingame nick? I'd like you to help me with something. I'm sure we can find something I can possibly give you in return.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jura23 wrote: »
    @Islyn what is your ingame nick? I'd like you to help me with something. I'm sure we can find something I can possibly give you in return.

Is @Islyn

I am not in game at present because of oral surgery painkillers I am hazy :P but I'll be in later for a bit :)
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Just keep deconning every glyph you loot, until you unlock the highest material. There's currently no rush to hit 50 after that. I don't remember what level that was, somewhere in the low 40's. After that just decon as you play, and you will hit 50 in a couple of months. Likely long before it matters.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the new v15/16 potency runes require level 50 in Enchanting to unlock. But, unless your character is close to that level, there is still no rush.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no shortcuts to enchantment leveling. You may have got to level 40 by deconstructing drop glyphs. But the road goes steeper for the last ten levels. Be prepared to use only potency 9 and Denata/Rekuta.

You need about 180 monumental+rekuta glyphs to level from 1 to 50. Using glyphs from lower potencies or aspects will increase needed amount accordingly.

The best way to level up is still runestone harvesting. Find an established enchanter and ask them to make glyphs from your runes. Put in few kutas as payment. Also ask if they need any specific potencies. Because essences do not matter they can switch your stones to overstock ones. Remember to max Runestone Extraction skill to recycle some stones.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • krees28b14_ESO
    krees28b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If memory serves... the actual best way to level enchanting is with a partner. He makes glyphs, any color or level but higher preferred, and then gives them to you for decon. So you are deconing a glyph made by someone else. Drop glyphs that are found in the world give you much less experience. If you have plenty of runes just give them to your partner, have them make glyphs and trade the glyphs back then break down the glyphs and repeat the process till you are out of runes.
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just leveled my VR2 to 50 Enchanting. Easier that leveling my Enchanter from level 20, by quite a lot.

Took about 6 hours, cost me maybe 40,000 and a lot of help from my real Enchanter who has been accumulating stuff since the game began. Not easy, I can do a Provisioner in a couple of hours and an Alchemist in maybe 4 or so.
    Edited by poodlemasterb16_ESO on November 14, 2015 7:49PM
  • NoMaassPliz
    NoMaassPliz
    ✭✭
    I know this has already been said, but just have someone max level make you stuff to break down.

I got to 45 or so on my own just breaking down v15 glyphs from sewer farming. Last night I had a buddy make me a bunch of glyphs to get to 50. It took probably 25 v14 purple (rekuta) glyphs to get me to 50 from that point, so roughly 5 per level. If you have the extraction passive maxed, you'll get half of that back. I would suggest doing this with blues and purples if you can spare it, it is actually super quick.