The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Are you kidding me

NightRibon23444
How in the hell does a nightblades have you CC for so long. That's ridiculous. Can't even break free with full 20K stamina.
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are they Khajiit?
    Options
  • NightRibon23444
    Again a nightblade was able to just keep me CC and I could not break lose.
    Options
  • NightRibon23444
    No
    Options
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is some form of SOFT cc then you can't break free from it instead you dodge roll. HARD cc requires break free
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The common rotation for Nightblades is ambush > fear
    This is annoying because after gap closers there's a short forced CC (even if you're under CC immunity) for about half a second. So if they are extremely fast at casting fear right after the ambush, there's a small duration where it's impossible to break free.
    I'm wondering if there's a bug that causes it to stay on longer than it should, because sometimes I have to wait out the entire fear.
    Options
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fear CC is broken isn't it? At least that's what someone said in another thread.
    Options
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Break free is broken. Was just taking resources and many times you can't break free from Mage's CC. The only way to get around this is try to swap weapons while cc'd and then you can break free......if you are still alive.
    Edited by WebBull on November 11, 2015 6:29PM
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »
    Fear CC is broken isn't it? At least that's what someone said in another thread.
    Seems to happen randomly. My guess is it has to do with gap closing and fear right after it. Would be nice if ZOS could look into it, because it's super annoying.
    Options
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP - So? What, are you in a hurry to kill them? You know dern well that 90% of them are going to go in to cloak and try to get away from you anyway. Besides, as soon as they attack you you'll be able to move and then they'll be sorry!
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »
    OP - So? What, are you in a hurry to kill them? You know dern well that 90% of them are going to go in to cloak and try to get away from you anyway. Besides, as soon as they attack you you'll be able to move and then they'll be sorry!
    Nah, if their first burst from cloak doesn't work, they cloak again, wait for CC immunity to finish and repeat.
    Options
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Nah, if their first burst from cloak doesn't work, they cloak again, wait for CC immunity to finish and repeat.

Well... that's not very nice. They least they could do is offer you some tea while your stuck in one place. Okay.. that and taunt you - over and over and over.

To me, even as someone who plays a nightblade, that sounds pretty boring. Of course I'm also not the kind of nightblade that likes to hide in the shadows. Frankly, I only really play nightblade for teleport strike, assassins blade and the cool look of the tunnel of shadows. Other than that, my nightblades are usually archers and dual wielding melee.
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... that's not very nice. They least they could do is offer you some tea while your stuck in one place. Okay.. that and taunt you - over and over and over.

To me, even as someone who plays a nightblade, that sounds pretty boring. Of course I'm also not the kind of nightblade that likes to hide in the shadows. Frankly, I only really play nightblade for teleport strike, assassins blade and the cool look of the tunnel of shadows. Other than that, my nightblades are usually archers and dual wielding melee.

Yeah it kinda sucks, but they are just using the tools they were given, so no harm I guess. It's even worse on my DKs. I feel like a fly trapped in a spiders web.
    A majority of my damage comes from DoTs, and they just cloak them off instantly which sucks too.
    Options
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got ganked off my horse by a nb last night and was dead before I had control of my character again with 5m/2h 21k hp. So frustrating because even if I survive the initial burst wb won't connect due to my latency here in New Zealand
    Edited by Calboy on November 11, 2015 9:56PM
    Options
  • Nirnrot
    Nirnrot
    ✭✭✭
    I swear some of these Nightblades just wait in stealth like all the time. I've been in a small zone farming mobs, then when I am at like half health with 5 mobs on me, I get ganked. That part doesn't bug me. What does is in this small zone, once I rez I cant find em lol. I've tried stealthing and waiting till they show up, nothing. I've tried running around spamming streak and Spin2win, nothing. The moment I'm grinding again, that same one appears lol. Like wtf dude? You really just waiting like that? That second time I made sure I had enough Stam though. Muahahahaha!
    Options
  • SemiD4rkness
    SemiD4rkness
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nirnrot wrote: »
    I swear some of these Nightblades just wait in stealth like all the time. I've been in a small zone farming mobs, then when I am at like half health with 5 mobs on me, I get ganked. That part doesn't bug me. What does is in this small zone, once I rez I cant find em lol. I've tried stealthing and waiting till they show up, nothing. I've tried running around spamming streak and Spin2win, nothing. The moment I'm grinding again, that same one appears lol. Like wtf dude? You really just waiting like that? That second time I made sure I had enough Stam though. Muahahahaha!

Nightblades = cowards
    That's what they do. I can take those motherf.... 1v1, problem is when you have 3 of these cowards ganking you + 5 mobs + boss on you and even if you manage to stay alive they're gonna dissapear and wait for the next oportunity. Man screw nightblades.
    Options
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How in the hell does a nightblades have you CC for so long. That's ridiculous. Can't even break free with full 20K stamina.

Gap closing then using any hard CC will lock your CC break cost off the charts so high that you can't break out, unless you have like 60k stamina but ZoS knows of this bug and as it's still in months later can't fix it. Waiting is the only work around and most times you will die.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
    Options
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nightblades = cowards
    That's what they do. I can take those motherf.... 1v1, problem is when you have 3 of these cowards ganking you + 5 mobs + boss on you and even if you manage to stay alive they're gonna dissapear and wait for the next oportunity. Man screw nightblades.

Hey! Not all of us are cowards! I prefer a melee fight to hiding in shadows and sneak killing. I'm a nightblade for goodness sake, not a wimp. Besides, I can wait until they release the Dark Brotherhood content or somebody hires me before I hide in shadows.

Of course, I do find it fun to teleport strike mobs and then disappear. Only mobs though, never fellow players.
    Options
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nightblades = cowards

Needing three people to gank is trash and players suck. Fight a real Nightblade from beta like me I will beat the brick out of you 1v1 or 1v2 Nightblades that play solo are nearly unkillable 1v1 cause you learned to win without other side heals or backup. We watch our own backs

For the King of Argonia
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades = cowards

If you do some light reading on how NB passives work, especially the following:
    • Master Assassin, Rank 2, While using Assassination abilities:
      Increases Weapon and Spell Damage while invisible or stealthed by 10%.
      Successful stealthed attacks stun for 100% longer.
    • Shadow Barrier, Rank 2, Activating a Shadow ability[such as Cloak, or going hidden] gives you Major Ward and Major Resolve, increasing Spell Resistance and Armor by 5120 for 2 seconds. This duration is increased by 1 second for each piece of Heavy Armor equipped.

A NB in stealth is one that is fully buffed and ready to go. It does seem kind of cowardly and trust me I had moments where I had a NB kill me when I had mobs on me-- Without stealth, its a bit trickier for them to get the upper hand on other classes. Mainly because those passive buffs are turned off outside of stealth! This is why I keep a stack of Detect potions. A Unstealthed NB = A very Dead one. And even if they get away, you can scare a NB into not screwing with you because most Detect pots come with very handsome buffs for the user.
    Options
  • pelennor_fields
    pelennor_fields
    ✭✭✭
    I got killed like 10 times this same way last week. Glad to know it wasn't just me. I run a V16 magicka Templar, but run tri-stat food in pvp. There were a couple of times when i had full stamina and couldn't even get free. Just stayed there for what felt like 20 seconds but was probably like 8.. While a NB just wailed on me and killed me before i could move; just spamming break free and interrupt and all i get is the "click" "click" "click" click" click" of death. I play a NB too, but it got sidelined as a crafter before I got into pvp... I was never able to snare a mob that long. :(
    Options
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nightblades = cowards

Pls...

No one, regardless of class or build, should willingly sacrifice the advantage of stealth. The whole point of a NB or any assassin/rogue type character is to maximize the advantage of surprise and the cover of the shadows.

The warrior type calls the assassin a coward so the assassin should reveal himself and fight dagger vs. greatsword? That's one dumb assassin.
    Options
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nightblades = cowards

WTH I am a NB but I am a healer not a DPS not all are gankers.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
    Options
  • NightRibon23444

Pls...

No one, regardless of class or build, should willingly sacrifice the advantage of stealth. The whole point of a NB or any assassin/rogue type character is to maximize the advantage of surprise and the cover of the shadows.

The warrior type calls the assassin a coward so the assassin should reveal himself and fight dagger vs. greatsword? That's one dumb assassin.[/quote]

Fine, let them have the surprise attacks. Don't care about that. It's the hole they can CC you the entire time they are attacking. That's the *** part. If you can't make it far than something needs to be done
    Options
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 players attempted to gank me the other day in cyrodiil. I slaughtered all 3 with caltrops and surprise attack . Nb ftw
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
    Options
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not as bad as the one shot kills from cloaked NBs, just walking along and boom, 1 hit KO from camouflaged hunter.

And yeah I know, it's because I'm a vampire, but I find it pretty ridiculous that I have to drop my vampirism because it gives them that much of a bonus... Why even have the skill line in the game if you are going to have that combo available to. Cloaked NBs...

Also I have 24k health in Cyrodil so it's not like I'm just super squishy. And whenever it happens there is always one hit on the recap screen for around 17k, where they are pulling the other random 7k of damage from idk because it's never on the list...
    Options
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not as bad as the one shot kills from cloaked NBs, just walking along and boom, 1 hit KO from camouflaged hunter.

And yeah I know, it's because I'm a vampire, but I find it pretty ridiculous that I have to drop my vampirism because it gives them that much of a bonus... Why even have the skill line in the game if you are going to have that combo available to. Cloaked NBs...

Also I have 24k health in Cyrodil so it's not like I'm just super squishy. And whenever it happens there is always one hit on the recap screen for around 17k, where they are pulling the other random 7k of damage from idk because it's never on the list...

Stealth bonus plus 9% more damage vs undead. Plus the fact that Camouflaged Hunter can twice on one hit 100% chance on stealth hits and the 15% chance for like 7k damage.

I have full heavy attack with a Twohanded hammer and Obe shotted people.

For the King of Argonia
    Options
  • TheNephilimCrow
    TheNephilimCrow
    ✭✭✭

Nightblades = cowards

Nightblades are cowards? Because they utilize their skillsets? That is an unfair statement. By those standards anyone using BoL, Bolt Escape or Reflective Scales are cowards.

This coming from you is just unreliable, though. Since you've only ever played one character.
    PSN, Youtube & Twitch: TheNephilimCrow
    [NA] ESO EP Guild (GM): The Order of Crows (PvE) - 300+ Members (Discontinued)
    [NA] ESO AD Guild (GM): The Blades of Ayrenn (PvP) - 45 Members (Actively Recruiting)

|:Veteran Rank:|
    VR16 - AD Breton - S&S/Bow Werewolf Stamina Nightblade - Title "Savage Shadow"
    VR 1 - AD Altmer - DW/Resto Magicka Sorcerer - Title "Spellsword"

|:Non-Veteran:|
    LVL 45 - DC Bosmer - Jack of Trades (Master Provisioning, Blacksmithing, etc.)
    Lvl 22 - AD Breton - Templar - Hybrid Build - PvE - Title "The Holy Knight"
    LVL 21 - AD Imperial - Dragonknight - Tank Build (In Progress)- Title "The Copper Knight"
    Lvl 13 - AD Khajit - DW Magicka Nightblade - Title "Mystical Thief"

Options
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ummm... didn't read the whole post but figured i would drop the bomb on whats going on here if someone hasn't already... Ambush is a gap closer with NO minimum range.... all gap closers cause a sort of root/stun where you can't move or use skills until the ability hits you... if i remember right it was implimented to prevent sorcs from steaking out of range once a gap closer was activate while in range against them until it landed (i could be wrong it may have been unintentional but i remeber how pissy the dirty sorcs where once this came into effect) anyways its this stun root that prevent you from doing anything until it lands.... with no minimum range they can spam it effectively freezing you over and over each time until the skill lands. You get 2 or more NBs doing this and you will not even get a skill off before you die

DK SCRUB OUT
    Options
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭

Stealth bonus plus 9% more damage vs undead. Plus the fact that Camouflaged Hunter can twice on one hit 100% chance on stealth hits and the 15% chance for like 7k damage.

I have full heavy attack with a Twohanded hammer and Obe shotted people.

That's not just a NB thing either. A Bow DK using Molten Weapons from stealth and Camo Hunter is absolutely disgusting burst if built right.
    Options
  • Ara_Valleria
    Ara_Valleria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nightblades = cowards

Salty tears are delicious.
    °‡° ÁDAMANT °‡°
    The Addon Abusers, Exploiters & Macro'ers Refuge
    •••• | Ara Valleria - AD NightBlade | Templàra Valleria - AD Templar | Åra Valleria - AD DragonKnight | Ára V - AD DragonKnight | Ara Laifu - DC NightBlade | Ara Waifu - EP Sorcerer | ••••

••••••| YOUTUBE |••••••
    Want to take a break from all the Lagging|Crashing|Cancer ?
    Play Albion Online
    Options