Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Character Advice

nothzxox
nothzxox
Soul Shriven
Hi everyone,

I'm new and i know nothing about the game so i need your help about something. I'm looking for a character specialized for solo pve and enventually pvp, something well-balanced between damage and survivability. I don't care about stamina or magicka but i don't like to play at range.

Any ideas are welcome !
  • Ponyboy9569
    Well this very much depends on which class you are playing..
    I used to be an adventurer like you, then i took an arrow to the knee
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a thought Duel Weild temples dark elf . DW is all about up close and personal templer is about healing dark elf gives a DW pasive
  • Ponyboy9569
    Being a new player wanting solo pve and survivability i suggest using a templar. put all your points into magika because you can heal as a templar anyways you shouldnt really ever die in pve. the magika will give you your damage output using the ultimate for soul magic called soul strike unlocked via main story quest and also use the final skill in your dawns wrath line, cannot remember the name of the skill, but great damage. before you have those unlocked just use you aedric spear abilities for damage and breath of life for your quick heal. make sure you have a dawns wrath skill on at all times so you can level it to unlock the last active. That is a real basic build for templars that you can use pve and pvp. however with a templar in pvp you are usually expected to heal and heal and also heal. Off the top of my head i dont know which passives you should use, but look for things relating to ultimate gain and damage output, healing if you plan to mess around with pvp
    I used to be an adventurer like you, then i took an arrow to the knee