Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP Questions from a Newb

Brometheus89
Brometheus89
Soul Shriven
Hi, new to the game, have some questions about PvP. I just hit level 10, is it worth it to try and PvP as a lowbie? Will you just be annihilated by higher levels making it not fun and pointless? Can you level up by PvPing? Is PvP mostly limited to end-game characters? On PS4 is the PvP pretty active or pretty dead? If I am building a character I plan to PvP with, should I consider the build as I am leveling up or not worry about it and respec for PvP when I hit max? Is a PvE build not going to work in PvP and vice versa? Wow that was a lot of questions sorry, just kept thinking of them.

Thanks for the help!
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just hit level 10, is it worth it to try and PvP as a lowbie?
    You can PvP but should probably focus more on sieging and healing

Will you just be annihilated by higher levels making it not fun and pointless?
    Yes, to en extent. If you yolo in or don't play smart, you will get wrecked.

Can you level up by PvPing?
    Yes. It's slower though.

Is PvP mostly limited to end-game characters?
    No, but it's centered around them. Low level PvP can be some of the best PvP in game.

On PS4 is the PvP pretty active or pretty dead?
    Don't know, I'm on PC.

If I am building a character I plan to PvP with, should I consider the build as I am leveling up or not worry about it and respec for PvP when I hit max?
    You should use the leveling experience to try things out. Many different things.

Is a PvE build not going to work in PvP and vice versa?
    There are some need-to-haves for both, but you can quest in your PvP build if you want.

• Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I started PvP after finishing Coldharbour and was VR1 back then. Before that I didn't even visit Cyrodiil. I don't regret that. Despite the fact that your character, if under lvl 50, is somehow scaled to VR1 in order to have at least a chance to deal with other higher level players, you die many times before scoring your first "kill", especially taking into account that these players have much more skills unlocked and CP's distributed than you. PvPing is much less fun at lower levels cause you might have a feeling that you are weaker and not very helpful. Now I'm VR4 and I still have such impression :) so I started to act as a healer although earlier I was 100% DD. Now, playing as a Sorc, I put each skill point into the healing staff tree and start to feel that I can provide a bit of a help to other players :)
    However, you can level up pretty fast while PvPing, especially by doing the dailies, e.g. you can pick up a bounty mission and while in a group you don't have to kill enemy players by yourself - kills done by your comrades also count toward you.