Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Tier 10 Crafting Writs Not Worth it.

• bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tier 10 crafting writs should ALWAYS drop a survey so u actually get some maths from it instead of wasting them, since the v16 math grind s so high
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • ThoraxtheDark
    ThoraxtheDark
    ✭✭✭
    People are complaining about the nodes now? But why.. they are literally everywhere..
  • syzmic
    syzmic
    ✭✭✭
    Tier 10 crafting writs should ALWAYS drop a survey so u actually get some maths from it instead of wasting them, since the v16 math grind s so high

I Agree but you do realise you sometimes get less nodes to harvest than you would doing Tier 9.

ie i got a cloth one and only had 6 nodes enchant only got 5. wood and meteal also vary.

• cote-bmsb16_ESO
    cote-bmsb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, gave up on writs a long time ago. I dont have time to make gear for npcs, only to get a bag full of ***. I never got anything cool from it.. Always trash, wasting my materials, time, and gold.
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    GreyRanger wrote: »
    I have run all 6 writs each day at Tier 10 since Orsinium dropped. Tanking into account glass crafting motif and survey reports it looks like to me all the equipment crafting writs are big $ losers.

Assuming a conservative 13 tier 10 materials per writ and 400 gold per material on the market you are spend 7200 gold to do the writ.

Usually you get 600 gold back and a piece of equipment you can decon to get 1 of the 13 materials back. So you are in the hole about 6000 gold.

You get a glass motif fragment about 1 in 10 to 15 writs. It is currently worth about 5000 to 6000 gold. Call that 1000 gold lost.

You get a survey report more frequently than in the past (guessing about 1 in 5ish). When you get a survey report you get back about double the materials you used. So, 20% of the time you double your investment.

This is a sucker's bet in the extreme.

This pretty much matches my results as well, from doing all but alchemy writs all week. I've reached the same conclusion. The enchanting writs are the worst, since even surveys have a low chance of returning the v15 rune needed for the writ. I did my last L10 writs this morning. Going forward, I'll continue doing Tier 9 writs on an alt only, for the chance of tempers and glass fragments.

RNGeezus. I have gotten 3 Kutas in a row.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drax76 wrote: »
    Why does no one account for the Soul Gems or Repair Kits in these types of calculations? Which both keep you in the fight/field longer and increase your profitability on hunting/farming excursions.

They're just vendor trash to me. Clogging up valuable bag space for much more useful items.
    Tholian1 wrote: »
    Drax76 wrote: »
    Why does no one account for the Soul Gems or Repair Kits in these types of calculations? Which both keep you in the fight/field longer and increase your profitability on hunting/farming excursions.

They're just vendor trash to me. Clogging up valuable bag space for much more useful items.

Oh don't say that. Next thing you know, we will need ten soul gem shards to create one grand soul gem. Then need to kill ten enemies to fill it, and then need ten filled grand soul gems to revive.

He's a farmer - probably doesn't need them xD Mail to @Islyn COD xD
  • mistermutiny89
    mistermutiny89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been in the process of leveling all my Alts to max crafting to do all the equipment crafting writs and to be honest I've never gotten so many temper alloys in a week! I currently have four master crafters and I either break even on mats or better... Blacksmithing seems to be the best as I've amassed 4 alloys just from writs and around 250 rubedite ingots from surveys in the last two days...

In summary the max writs are better than the old ones for me because they require fewer materials however there is a small start up fee of buying 200 of each required mat at the beginning and either slowly see your returns over a month with one character or a week with multiple characters.
    Guild Leader : Defenders Of Miley
    XB1 EU
    EP | VR16 Breton NB -mistermutiny
    AD | VR16 Dunmer DK - Grigori
    AD | VR16 Altmer Sorcerer - Isvoleet
    AD | VR16 Imperial DK - Leonidas
    AD | VR16 Bosmer NB - Hood
    AD | VR16 Breton Templar - Dante
    AD | VR16 Redguard Sorcerer - Raiden
    AD | VR7 Khajiit Templar - Ike'ilyew
    DC | 160 Breton NB - Vergil

"Hmmm... Very convincing.. Does the illusion apply to.. Everywhere? Perhaps this one should have a moment alone in private to double check" - Razum'Dar
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Judging from the writs I do daily, the surveys I get in return, the materials I csn sell.... I make our like a bandit.

I've made more gold now than ever. It's all about knowing what to sell, the prices, and getting everything you can out of writs and hirelings.