Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Hierling Deliveries: What happened

GreyRanger
GreyRanger
✭✭✭
What has happened with hireling deliveries? I am typically getting 1 piece of ore or scrap (top level crafters). Why have the materials been reduced to near pointlessness?
  • VarmintSh00ter
    VarmintSh00ter
    Soul Shriven
    I am also seeing the same thing...very irritating.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I get small stacks of raw mats occasionally, but I can sympathize. When my clothing hireling shows up with exactly one piece of raw rubedo leather I have to wonder if he spent the whole day drinking and just happened to trip over a skeever on his way home.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noticed the same thing too and then of course just as i was about to start a thread about it, i got two mails with 6 different items in them each!
    rolleyes.gif
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    I get small stacks of raw mats occasionally, but I can sympathize. When my clothing hireling shows up with exactly one piece of raw rubedo leather I have to wonder if he spent the whole day drinking and just happened to trip over a skeever on his way home.

Yeah. Any way to fire our current hireling?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • HebrewHatchet
    HebrewHatchet
    ✭✭✭
    Sure, you'll need to pay them a severance package of 10k-15k gold, payable at your nearest shrine to Stendaar.
    [PS4 NA]
    PSN: HebrewHatchet
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still get 5 stacks of unrefined mats on my low level crafters. However I have never gotten more than one Ancestor Silk or Rubyduby Leather or Rubedooda Ingot. Been this way since IC.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Calidus1
    Calidus1
    ✭✭
    I can sympathize, but i did get ten raw ruby mats today from a blacksmith hireling.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is almost always that one rubby raw mat and occasionally ten.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Parrotbrain
    Parrotbrain
    ✭✭✭
    When are we getting new hireling mails ?? I'm bored of receiving the same old boring end-of-the-road message with my mats.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hirelings always seem to get nerfed for no apparent reason.. we used to get gold tempers to upgrade armour and now we dont anymore...... WTF zenni.....
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I luck out and get Daedric hearts every once in a while,and I did get one Mastic.Which I need 9 more of. Sigh,...
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bug?
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slightly off topic but how do you obtain Legendary mats? I see so many for sale but have no idea where they all come from. Over 1 year I've had 5 Dreugh Wax, about 3 Tempering Alloy, 0 Kuta and 0 Rosin. Don't seem to get Blue mats either! Am I logging in on the wrong days?
    PC EU
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Slightly off topic but how do you obtain Legendary mats? I see so many for sale but have no idea where they all come from. Over 1 year I've had 5 Dreugh Wax, about 3 Tempering Alloy, 0 Kuta and 0 Rosin. Don't seem to get Blue mats either! Am I logging in on the wrong days?

I get legendary tempers primarily from refining, sometimes from the writ reward boxes, and very rarely from hirelings.

I get kutas primarily from aspect rune nodes, sometimes from the writ reward boxes, and very rarely from hirelings.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »

I get legendary tempers primarily from refining, sometimes from the writ reward boxes, and very rarely from hirelings.

I get kutas primarily from aspect rune nodes, sometimes from the writ reward boxes, and very rarely from hirelings.

So its refining raw stuff I need to do a lot more then, cheers!
    PC EU
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So its refining raw stuff I need to do a lot more then, cheers!

It's the reason raw materials are precious and expensive.

Also, the level of the material doesn't matter, all that matters is that it's refinable and you have spent skillpoints in extraction/refinement.
  • TThor
    TThor
    Soul Shriven
    Hirelings have been drinking the Bernie Sanders cool aid and are demanding higher wages.
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I 'Bug'ed this in-game and got a reply saying it had been escalated to the dev's....

If we all report this in-game then perhaps they may see it.... GO GO GO!!!

Slim hope I know....
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did a skill respec and dropped all of my hirelings. Just my humble, ignorant opinion, however I believe that they were a complete waste of skill points.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    I did a skill respec and dropped all of my hirelings. Just my humble, ignorant opinion, however I believe that they were a complete waste of skill points.

As long as they deliver something they are never a waste...

There are SO many skill points in the game that most of them are just sat there wasted doing nothing.... may as well get free stuff from them for doing nothing :)
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    They haven't sent me anything for a couple of weeks now...nevermind, was logged on with the wrong character, duh :/
    PS5 NA/PS5 EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know