Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Redguard Heavy Armor

Maverick827
Maverick827
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello,

I was just wondering if they ever reverted the change to Redguard heavy armor or added an option to use the original version. Pictures for reference:

hkhd3npg7dez.png
eyzjo1kpxyki.png

Thanks!
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like the "get both" option. I vote for that!
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Is this a confirmation that you currently don't?

I haven't had the game installed for months, so I can't check on my own.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Is this a confirmation that you currently don't?

I haven't had the game installed for months, so I can't check on my own.

They changed the Redguard Armor. I would like a 2nd motif that is of the old style.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, the old Redguard stuff is gone, and it seems unlikely that it will ever come back. Personally I'm much more sad for the loss of the old Reguard Light than the Heavy - it was so swashbucklingly cool. The new Redguard Light is so bland and generic...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    No, the old Redguard stuff is gone, and it seems unlikely that it will ever come back. Personally I'm much more sad for the loss of the old Reguard Light than the Heavy - it was so swashbucklingly cool. The new Redguard Light is so bland and generic...
    Yeah, that whole change really bothered me. The heavy armor bothers me especially because it was under the pretense of making "revealing" female armors "ready for war" when they took away some of the plate on male armor sets. What?

Also, the pants are just ugly regardless. They'd be ugly if they were originally there and they're ugly now.

I looked through alternative heavy armor sets and it really doesn't seem like the Zenimax art team knows what to do with heavy armor pants. None of them look like they match the rest of the armor set that they're a part of. The helms and chest pieces look nice, but once you go below the waist, something just goes wrong.

Some of the concept art that came out in in July of 2014 looked pretty nice. The Dark Brotherhood plate and whatnot. I had high hopes for the "Imperial Daedric" set (what I believe they ended up calling Xivkyn) but it looks like it suffers from the same "fat guy in plate" look that most of the heavy armor chest pieces have on male characters in this game. Redguard heavy was one of the few that looked nice, but oh well.

It was a silly reason to have quit the game, but it was kind of a straw-that-broke-the-camel's-back moment at the time. A big part of RPGs is looking nice and I just couldn't find anything I liked after this change. I made a dozen posts tagging the CMs while this patch was on the PTS, asking them why this change had to be made to this armor, but got nothing.

Fallout 4 is coming out soon, I doubt I would have come back to this game at this time (and I guess my money is going to Zenimax either way, so they win regardless), but it would have been nice to know that the change was reverted and have that kicking around in the back of my mind for future reference.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder why they changed out the older style armor.What was the thinking,or the point. Just made me wonder why.I mean,it didnt have the open boob bit.
    (I wonder who groused about that.)