Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Umm, am i forced to buy DLC to be able to do maxed out crafting writs?

MakJulos
MakJulos
Not much for reading patch notes so i'll just pop question here since i got no reply in Craglorn or guild chat, i guess ppl are too busy in Orsinium:

Are you forced to get the new DLC so that you can return maxed out crafting writs in whatever that city is named? Currently a subscriber although game seems to be too much about making ppl pay up so i i'm not sure i'll stay supporting, this might help me decide faster...

There is an Icon on map in Belkarth for Orsinium quartermaster, but nothing there i can return the goods to, so....bug or greed?

• Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not even think of this and i dont think Zenni did either, or maybe they did.... sneaky very sneaky...

Log a bug thats what i would do..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    yeah you are pretty much screwed if you did not buy IC or orsinium, those are the only places to get the vr15/16 matts. you can get v15/16 gear from group dungeons to decon if they are scaled to those levels but you don't get much out of them. I did a v15 provisioning writ today got no recipe, but hey they gave me a lockpick. It definitely looks like ZOS is trying to milk as much money out of us as possible. I'm just waiting to see the VR15/16 matts show up on the clown store.
    Edited by Vonovosi on November 4, 2015 8:03AM
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my experience, I had to turn in the writs in Wrothgar. So if you do not subscribe or have the DLC, you cannot complete them.
    PC-EU
  • MakJulos
    MakJulos
    Something was bugged for sure, but the next day i found the Orsinium Quartermaster in Wrothgar, when i moved real close to its location the icon popped up on screen, and now the strange icon without actual crate or npc in Belkarth is gone.

Still i wonder - if you don't have the DLC, will you still get crafting writs that must be returned in Wrothgar? If that is the case it's a nasty slap in the face on so many players - adding an expansion and taking away content from those who of any reason can't or won't buy it.....imo that's just too low, so i'm really hoping it's not how it is.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seems like an oversight, surely they can't be that dumb as to force people to buy DLC for daily crafting...

@ZOS_GinaBruno any chance you could check this?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Grandsupercoder
    Hopefully so because not everyone will ( not a question of affordability here ) get the DLC.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, if you're a crafter or enjoy PvE, it's definitely worth getting anyway. If for some reason your complaint is you can't afford this DLC, you should really get off the computer and sort your life out.
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    The resource nodes throughout Cyrodiil now act identically to the nodes in Orsinium. Which is a source that anyone with the base game can access.
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sure it is not an oversight.
    You cant be that incompetent to not anticipate those writs problems here for ppl without Orsinium DLC.

It's the same they did with IC... sneak in new pay-walled PvE dungeons in the Undaunted dailies to make sure as many ppl as possible would buy it.
    Well... buy Orsinium. It sure is worth it. This time.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I asked the same thing here. I think it was a stupid, disgusting move my ZOS..
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/228420/craglorn-writs-now-require-orsiunium-recipes#latest

Plus the writ rewards in Orsinium are bugged and give Lockpicks instead of Recipes as rewards.
    Edited by Nebthet78 on November 4, 2015 10:28AM
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • MakJulos
    MakJulos
    Alucardo wrote: »
    To be honest, if you're a crafter or enjoy PvE, it's definitely worth getting anyway. If for some reason your complaint is you can't afford this DLC, you should really get off the computer and sort your life out.

Thanks for your input and that you share your personal opinion with us - in my personal opinion yours is a dumb one though, since you ofc have no idea what lives other lives and if they need to be sorted out. Maybe there are ppl that get help sorting their life out by playing a quite nice mmo but perhaps cannot of some reason buy the DLC?

Anyway, i posted hoping to get a clue on how ESO has set the crafting writs up in the new DLC, not to get into arguing with randoms, so dropping you now, have a fine day!