The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Morkuldin forge, how to enter it? need to do some quest?

olsborg
olsborg
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Please just need to get pointed into the right direction, I hate pve in this game and I dont wanna just "stumble" upon it, I just need to get in, craft the stuff, then leave wrothgar.

Thanks in advance.

PC EU
PvP only
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was going to ask about this myself, I wandered around the map marker for ages and couldn't find it.

Sorry am unable to help, but also interested in the answer.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same.
  • rdavis9b14_ESO
    there is a quest in the orc stronghold on the cliff over the entrance.
    Edited by rdavis9b14_ESO on November 3, 2015 12:32AM
  • slumber_sandb16_ESO
    slumber_sandb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep you need to do a quest to unlock it, then you can access it all.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    there is a quest in the orc stronghold on the cliff over the entrance.

Thanks for the response! I did see the quest marker, but due to the rollbacks that were happening at the time (and also because I had to quit the game soon to take a cat to a vet appointment) I was just in exploration mode and wasn't up for taking on any quests.

Which set is it that is crafted there? I made the foolish mistake of splitting my crafting between different characters at launch, my main is nearly caught up on research for all crafts, but need to try to work out whether I need to do that quest on all crafting characters, or whether 6 traits is sufficient (or whether I will want to use that set at all).
    Edited by Epona222 on November 3, 2015 12:35AM

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Tis the Morkuldin set, requiring 9 traits to craft.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ffastyl wrote: »
    'Tis the Morkuldin set, requiring 9 traits to craft.

Thanks, I will have a look at the set bonuses for that and decide whether I need to do it on all my current crafters as my main is still on crafting catch-up! It shouldn't be a problem either way, the quest content in Wrothgar doesn't seem as though I will have trouble getting my crafters through it :)

• kmatt
    kmatt
    ✭✭
    Just thought id toss this here for anyone still stuck trying to get to Morkuldin Forge, just a quick you-tube video to show the absolute minimum required to get access to the crafting station.

https://youtu.be/-8sMu9ZuG1M
    Edited by kmatt on November 4, 2015 1:03PM
    "Embrace Everything"

~~K.matt~~
  • Marrtha
    Marrtha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apparently you can discover it if you hug the door, but entering it is a part of the quest.
    Use @Marrtha when replying!
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot figure out how to get back in after having finished the q.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, you need the quest to get through the Ogres caves into the forge, then start it up. Once that quest is done, the entrace behind the ice wall at the crafting station map icon unlocks, and you can go in there...
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kmatt

Thank you for the video! That was very helpful!

However, I must say... I feel really bad for you bro... your computer can't run this game in all its glory!!! You are missing out on some gorgeous graphics with your current settings... :(
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Quest to get in?

I just walked in immediately upon arriving in Wrothgar, it was literally the first thing I did there. The door is at the base of the cliff under the tower where the icon says it is. Not the ice covered rock door, but the wooden door just a ways down the cliff wall. Gotta look for this one a little bit.
    love is love
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    kmatt wrote: »
    Just thought id toss this here for anyone still stuck trying to get to Morkuldin Forge, just a quick you-tube video to show the absolute minimum required to get access to the crafting station.

Still helpful, thanks!

• DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kmatt wrote: »

Just what I needed :*
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can walk in; whether you can use the forge/crafting station without the quest, I don't know.

Once you finish the quest, you can get in through the rock/ice/secret door and don't have to run the gauntlet every time you want to use the station.

The ghost sword is rather neat and sometimes helpful, once you stop jumping every time it shows up. Using a full set of Morkuldin's has been rather interesting on one of my sorc characters. Two summons and the sword....

I pve, and don't look for the min/max stuff, so as long as it works and I'm having fun, I have no issues with not being the unstoppable ultimate destroyer.
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is fun on a lowbie alt when they are pretty weak.