The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New styles? How and where to get them, How much AP?

FeaR Turbo
FeaR Turbo
Class Representative
Can someone point me to the forum post or answer my Questions here.

I have heard that the new styles will be bought with AP or turning in keys,
Which styles come from where and how much AP are they?

I am sorry if this is somewhere easy to find. I am pretty new to forums of this scale!

I enjoy the crafting in this game as it is not easy nor super hard.

Thanks guys!!

-FeaR Turbo
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    The Xivkyn Style can be found inside any of the 6 Treasure Vaults of the Imperial City. Entry is gained by collecting 60 of one type of purple Treasure Items dropped by mobs throughout the City & Sewers.

The Glass Style can only be acquired through completing any of the Equipment Crafting Writs. You collect 10 Fragments then spend 10,000 gold to buy a Methric something from a Mystic, then you can assemble your 10 Fragments into 1 Chapter of the Glass Style.

Both of these styles come in Chapters similar to the Dwemer Style, but have a VERY small chance of getting an entire book via the same method as finding a Chapter.
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only styles I know of for AP are the Akaviri motifs. Crown posted some nice screenshots of prices and the gear (excluding medium) here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/222670/akaviri-images
  • FeaR Turbo
    FeaR Turbo
    Class Representative
    Drax76 wrote: »
    The Xivkyn Style can be found inside any of the 6 Treasure Vaults of the Imperial City. Entry is gained by collecting 60 of one type of purple Treasure Items dropped by mobs throughout the City & Sewers.

The Glass Style can only be acquired through completing any of the Equipment Crafting Writs. You collect 10 Fragments then spend 10,000 gold to buy a Methric something from a Mystic, then you can assemble your 10 Fragments into 1 Chapter of the Glass Style.

Both of these styles come in Chapters similar to the Dwemer Style, but have a VERY small chance of getting an entire book via the same method as finding a Chapter.

I should have stated the ones coming in the newest patch!
    Sorry for taking your time but thanks for the info it is really good.
  • FeaR Turbo
    FeaR Turbo
    Class Representative
    Alucardo wrote: »
    The only styles I know of for AP are the Akaviri motifs. Crown posted some nice screenshots of prices and the gear (excluding medium) here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/222670/akaviri-images

Thank you very much sir!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is also the Mercenary Style, which is obtained from running undaunted pledges. Chapters drop from the key chests. Laurels are obtained from the final dungeon bosses, with your chance increasing based on the number of pages your character has learned - one page starts you off at a 50% chance.
  • FeaR Turbo
    FeaR Turbo
    Class Representative
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    There is also the Mercenary Style, which is obtained from running undaunted pledges. Chapters drop from the key chests. Laurels are obtained from the final dungeon bosses, with your chance increasing based on the number of pages your character has learned - one page starts you off at a 50% chance.

Great info! Thank you very much!