The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

NA - PS4 - EP,DC,AD - The new Chillrend?

• Erdmanski
    Erdmanski
    ✭✭✭
    Trying to figure out where a bunch of people I pvp with in a couple different guilds want to move to, Chillrend used to be good, but a couple EP and AD guilds left within the last few weeks. I really miss all the old fights as a DC player we used to have.

Our guilds were one of the first to fight back against the initial red zerg buff server, back when the game first launched there.

Then we flipped it to blue for a while, then had fantastic fights and back and forth pvp for months. I want my pvp back lol :)

It is sad to see what has happened to Chillrend over the past couple months. My guild was in Chillrend on Day 1 and remember the days when taking a resource was an accomplishment for us. It was always fun not knowing if the map was going to be blue, red or yellow when you logged on for the day.

Unfortunately, the change to the campaign scoring killed Chillrend. Yellow seemed to disappear and it became a red vs blue ordeal, which was still fun for some time. But when players started doing all the nefarious things with the scrolls, a lot of our regular PVPers stopped playing because it wasn't fun anymore and frankly didn't want to be associated with the other DC players, that in our eyes, were cheating.

We recently took our guild over to Thornblade to hopefully replicate what we had in Chillrend. We are still way outnumbered by EP and get rolled over when they are zerging, but we have been able to put up a fight and even crowned an emperor 3 times already this campaign (maybe 4 if we did last night). I would encourage other DC and AD guilds that want to a fun PVP server to come on over to help even the odds.

Our guild just wants to fight and have fun, whether we are crowning an emperor or defending Glademist doesn't matter.

• SCOTTI_SNIPE
    SCOTTI_SNIPE
    ✭✭
    Yeah right now Thornblade seems like it might be the official move. There's still a lot of guilds not very hype abut joining Scourge for 30 days. Hoping lots more organized ad and dc come. Would love to have strategy again.
    PS4-NA
    Guilds - Targaryen/Skooma Syndicate/Happy Hour

Pillseidon - V16 Nightblade - EP Chillrend
  • Stoney_McGeee
    Stoney_McGeee
    ✭✭✭
    I'll check it out this campaign
    (Soulless Knights)
    AD Stoneey DK (Vr16) homeless
    AD StoneyHeals Templar (Vr16) homeless
    AD Stoknee NB (v1) Training
    AD Psychosis Sorc (37) Training
  • DividendGamer
    I have been playing fallout until orsinium launches on wednesday, I will talk things over with people and see how they feel about thornblade.

I like pvping as the underdog, since when we can get some close fights once we get over a group or two we can get in some awesome fights.
    PS4
    Magicka Templar
    Daggerfall Covenant
    The Guar Cartel
  • Erdmanski
    Erdmanski
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah right now Thornblade seems like it might be the official move. There's still a lot of guilds not very hype abut joining Scourge for 30 days. Hoping lots more organized ad and dc come. Would love to have strategy again.
    I have been playing fallout until orsinium launches on wednesday, I will talk things over with people and see how they feel about thornblade.

I like pvping as the underdog, since when we can get some close fights once we get over a group or two we can get in some awesome fights.

I definitely see many similarities to old Chillrend in the week we have been in Thornblade. Our late night group has been able to take the map almost every night and hold it until early evening (US time) when EP gets it zerg going and we are significantly outnumbered. AD pretty much has 1 group that can really only push when DC and EP are occupied with each other.

It would be nice to get some more AD in the campaign to give them more presence. DC could use more numbers to be able to fight the EP zerg and EP could use some late night players to challenge DC at night. I'd also imagine we will see some EP leave at the end of the campaign (let's face it, there are players that don't like a challenge in PVP and only want to be on a buff server), so that should make some room for you and your crew Scotti.
  • BigDSoulReaper
    my guild was in this campaign last night. the campaign is a joke. the green alliance is strong here. when blues help wipe red inside a yellow keep then just sit there with yellow without attacking eachother for ten minutes, face to face mind you. its a joke. maybe one day this games pvp will be worth something, but as it stands now, its garbage. another problem i see is that all the guilds from chillrend spread out on 3 different servers. need to come up with just one server. other wise its just 3 small population servers which is terrible. so put all your heads together and pick a server, preferribly a keep campaign, so those worthless scroll cheaters cant effect the campaign scoring.
    Immortal Kings GuildMaster
    immortalkingz.com
    There are greats, there are legends, then there are Immortals!
  • Scrippie10
    Scrippie10
    ✭✭
    My v16 Templar will be complete by Monday, to fight for the Daggerfall!

Soon my EP brethren shall fall!

Lol Apop - Doc, Aussie, and a few other of us are re-rolling on DC. We'll be able to gank EP soon! hahaha
    PS4 NA EP/DC
    Death to the queen!

"Sucks to suck"
  • Scrippie10
    Scrippie10
    ✭✭
    Obviously there are AD and EP players here that are looking for a competitive PVP campaign, I re-read some of the comments on this page and I think I only saw one DC comment..

The move here is obvious, 2/3 factions are searching for a challenge, why don't we simply bring the PVP to the one faction that is not commenting much on this idea?

In other words, why doesn't AD and EP GO to Skull of corruption? Rather than having a two way fight in Haderus or Scourge why don't we just crash DC's buff campaign? I'm not sure if that's a scroll campaign or if it's a resource and tbh I don't care. I don't care to win the campaign, or care much for the rewards, I usually get crap from them anyways. I don't know about you guys but what I'm interested in is competitive PVP without the lag fest. I'm talking about 3 way fights.

**DISCLAIMER** I am NOT suggesting that AD and EP double team DC by any means. Each faction can take 1/3 of the map that way not just one faction is dominating, we can wait a few hours, maybe a few days and hope that word gets out and more people join SOC.

I think this is the easiest and smartest route for all of us.

Our guild, Pullout Pros will remain in Haderus for a bit until we get what we need from Orsinium. If we see that no one from the opposing factions join Haderus then we will have to migrate to a different campaign in the following weeks.

This suggestion is just food for thought. Rally em' up boys.

What do you guys think?
    PS4 NA EP/DC
    Death to the queen!

"Sucks to suck"
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scrippie10 wrote: »

Lol Apop - Doc, Aussie, and a few other of us are re-rolling on DC. We'll be able to gank EP soon! hahaha

Traitor! :wink:

• SCOTTI_SNIPE
    SCOTTI_SNIPE
    ✭✭
    Humphie wrote: »
    Scrippie10 wrote: »

Traitor! :wink:

I get to kill you guys as blueberries...? Sweet! :p
    PS4-NA

• Stoney_McGeee
    Stoney_McGeee
    ✭✭✭
    I thought skull of corruption was getting closed ?
    (Soulless Knights)
    AD Stoneey DK (Vr16) homeless
    AD StoneyHeals Templar (Vr16) homeless
    AD Stoknee NB (v1) Training
    AD Psychosis Sorc (37) Training
  • Scrippie10
    Scrippie10
    ✭✭
    I thought skull of corruption was getting closed ?

Oh word? I thought it was moon cursed blade, but you may be right. I guess that means DC will have to look for a new buff campaign? Regardless EP and AD should crash their party
    PS4 NA EP/DC
    Death to the queen!

"Sucks to suck"
  • SCOTTI_SNIPE
    SCOTTI_SNIPE
    ✭✭
    Skeleton Key and Hestra (non-vet) were the ones taken from PS4. Each platform had different servers taken out.
    PS4-NA

• SCinsight
    SCinsight
    ✭✭✭
    All that needs to be said and done is make Cyrodiil competitive again. Like Scotti started out saying, it is shameful that one group of people effectively killed Chillrend. ZOS needs to remove more campaigns even still to force players into other campaigns, thus reducing/removing the buff servers. Please do something, my sword misses the taste of glorious battle.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 First AA HM
    PS4 Second Hel Ra HM
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________

Vaska - vr16 Magicka Templar.
    The People's Champion - Work in Progress

Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what you are doing. - Pele
  • SCOTTI_SNIPE
    SCOTTI_SNIPE
    ✭✭
    SCinsight wrote: »
    All that needs to be said and done is make Cyrodiil competitive again. Like Scotti started out saying, it is shameful that one group of people effectively killed Chillrend. ZOS needs to remove more campaigns even still to force players into other campaigns, thus reducing/removing the buff servers. Please do something, my sword misses the taste of glorious battle.

Was fun getting those battles in the other day although Azura was way laggy. Come to Thornblade Wednesday, lets get that place lit!
    PS4-NA

• Erdmanski
    Erdmanski
    ✭✭✭

Was fun getting those battles in the other day although Azura was way laggy. Come to Thornblade Wednesday, lets get that place lit!

Thornblade has been fun, but depending what time you come on, there really are only 2 scenarios:

EP is rolling over DC and taking the whole map or
    DC is rolling over EP and taking the whole map

The former usually is in place during the peak hours of play (US time). The latter starts sometime In the late evening and remains until the early afternoon when it start flipping back to red.

What Thornblade really needs is AD players. Right now there is virtually no AD presence in Thornblade. It is pretty much EP vs DC fighting over the inner keeps and scrolls, while AD struggles to take back their home keeps from the NPC's.
  • SCinsight
    SCinsight
    ✭✭✭
    Erdmanski wrote: »

Thornblade has been fun, but depending what time you come on, there really are only 2 scenarios:

EP is rolling over DC and taking the whole map or
    DC is rolling over EP and taking the whole map

The former usually is in place during the peak hours of play (US time). The latter starts sometime In the late evening and remains until the early afternoon when it start flipping back to red.

What Thornblade really needs is AD players. Right now there is virtually no AD presence in Thornblade. It is pretty much EP vs DC fighting over the inner keeps and scrolls, while AD struggles to take back their home keeps from the NPC's.
    From the looks of Thornblade currently, it seems that the two are just emperor farming. We went in there the other night and there was virtually no EP in Cyrodiil while DC was taking keeps, despite the 2-3 bar population they had. As soon as DC took the last keep, EP made their entrance.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 First AA HM
    PS4 Second Hel Ra HM
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________

Vaska - vr16 Magicka Templar.
    The People's Champion - Work in Progress

Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what you are doing. - Pele
  • SCOTTI_SNIPE
    SCOTTI_SNIPE
    ✭✭
    Well lets force this to end. Lets get as much Ad in here as possible...our groups will try pushing the Emp pushers out. Tired of these emporer push servers.
    PS4-NA

• J2JMC
    J2JMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC doesn't have the dedicated pvp population you guys have outside of azura's star. All you have to do is look at the amount of buff campaigns there are for ep and ad in comparioson to dc.
    Knee Jerk, L2P, Obtuse, Casual, Entitled, All The Best, unnecessary mention of CoD

Battle leveling for pve content defeats the idea of progression. Remove CP

"Apparently the players are more informed than we are"-Richard Lambert

• SCOTTI_SNIPE
    SCOTTI_SNIPE
    ✭✭
    Well my group is going to be in Thornblade for the next week. If anyone wants to join and oppose us, we'll be there.
    PS4-NA

• mrdaveqc
    mrdaveqc
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering where to go to get a good balanced challenge ( I'm a dc player ) sadly there is no place azura is *** lag skull is way overpopulated by us and all other is empty well I think I'm ***. And thx to those guy in chillrend who break the game with those scroll farm
    Edited by mrdaveqc on December 2, 2015 2:58PM
    Ps4 NA DC
    Sorcerer vampire v16
    Templar v11
    Flawless Conqueror
  • SCOTTI_SNIPE
    SCOTTI_SNIPE
    ✭✭
    mrdaveqc wrote: »
    I was wondering where to go to get a good balanced challenge ( I'm a dc player ) sadly there is no place azura is *** lag skull is way overpopulated by us and all other is empty well I think I'm ***. And thx to those guy in chillrend who break the game with those scroll farm

come to thornblade we've been there. lots of blues
    PS4-NA

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What time does things usually start moving and shaking in Thornblade? Tempted to go guest it on my Templar... Azura's starting get a sizable wait time. Lag up at Ash was pretty real last night with every Blue and Red wanting to de-throne Hatchets. Though watching that ball of Blue get beaten back by Hatchets group + Zerosin a few times was pretty impressive. And seeing red show up to flank blue was pretty neat.

P.S. Always remember to repair those walls! ... Or keep them flagged or else.. ! 1.0
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on December 2, 2015 6:42PM
  • J2JMC
    J2JMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What time does things usually start moving and shaking in Thornblade? Tempted to go guest it on my Templar... Azura's starting get a sizable wait time. Lag up at Ash was pretty real last night with every Blue and Red wanting to de-throne Hatchets. Though watching that ball of Blue get beaten back by Hatchets group + Zerosin a few times was pretty impressive. And seeing red show up to flank blue was pretty neat.

P.S. Always remember to repair those walls! ... Or keep them flagged or else.. ! 1.0

It's because dc doesn't have good organized groups. I was playing on azura's yesterday with a friend and it's ridiculous. DC pugs have no problem fighting in the open world and do rather well imo. However, the minute they hit keeps it's like they forget how to play. When that huge fight was going on at ash,(thanks for lagging tf out of the server btw to any a-hole who participated in that) Aleswell and Chalman were both easy pickings. Dc just doesn't know how to set-up siege.

Granted it's hypocritical coming from me as I was on my alt trying to get proxy det so I barely set-up siege. However, the 2 times I did attempt to siege I would be surrounded by 10-20 people with only my siege up. Not an exaggeration.

Of course I'd be more inclined to actually siege and participate in organized pvp if azura's wasn't such garbage. Unfortunately, considering there are no other campaigns with even a bar of dc I'm forced into azura's to AP farm.
    Knee Jerk, L2P, Obtuse, Casual, Entitled, All The Best, unnecessary mention of CoD

Battle leveling for pve content defeats the idea of progression. Remove CP

"Apparently the players are more informed than we are"-Richard Lambert

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    J2JMC wrote: »
    It's because dc doesn't have good organized groups. I was playing on azura's yesterday with a friend and it's ridiculous. DC pugs have no problem fighting in the open world and do rather well imo. However, the minute they hit keeps it's like they forget how to play. When that huge fight was going on at ash,(thanks for lagging tf out of the server btw to any a-hole who participated in that) Aleswell and Chalman were both easy pickings. Dc just doesn't know how to set-up siege.

Granted it's hypocritical coming from me as I was on my alt trying to get proxy det so I barely set-up siege. However, the 2 times I did attempt to siege I would be surrounded by 10-20 people with only my siege up. Not an exaggeration.

Of course I'd be more inclined to actually siege and participate in organized pvp if azura's wasn't such garbage. Unfortunately, considering there are no other campaigns with even a bar of dc I'm forced into azura's to AP farm.

DC always seems to have this problem. Its not just PS4 DC, PC DC had this problem too. Not enough organized guilds. Tell you one thing tho, they do have some pretty good players.

I think the reason, at least from my perspective, that people go cuddle up with each other at these exotic locations is simply there is nothing else going on. And no one wants to go hang out somewhere else, because there is no coordination-- speaking in general for every alliance when I say that. Main reason I was at Ash was for the action-- mind you on my Templar I do not exactly have the luxury of sneaking around like a NB. Thus my options to go places are limited without a group. I need bodies around me to help cover my frail body.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on December 2, 2015 8:58PM
  • SCOTTI_SNIPE
    SCOTTI_SNIPE
    ✭✭

As far as ive seen usually a bit after 8pm est...Its been picking up a lot recently. Yesterday was slow but its a work in progress.
    PS4-NA

• Attackopsn
    Attackopsn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've checked out thornblade a couple times, and when there is action, it's usually between two zergs. It didn't take longer than several hours for the server to start lagging , (invisible effects/animations). If we really want another server we can't do this, it's just going to deteriorate into the same mess that Azura's has become. I can't come up with a good reason why the three thornblade zergs would have any motivation to split, because there is usually only a single conflict, but just be aware that it's only going to create the same problem in time. If someone is reading this and is looking for better pvp don't be turned away by my comment though lol! It's still probably the best campaign available when it's active!
    ign: ATTACKO
    PS4 NA
    First NA Completion of VMoL Hard Mode

• Attackopsn
    Attackopsn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also agree with Erdmanski above, and if you want to encourage more AD to come, don't take the empty keeps from them when they aren't there haha. I think many AD try to check it out and get bored of running from basically the gate to fort ash every time they encounter one of the zergs. You have to be a little more passive with the keeps if you want to persuade them to come over, that's why Haderus died for about three weeks last month (Which I participated in as EP, so I saw it go down)
    ign: ATTACKO
    PS4 NA
    First NA Completion of VMoL Hard Mode

• Catblade
    Catblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Attackopsn wrote: »
    I also agree with Erdmanski above, and if you want to encourage more AD to come, don't take the empty keeps from them when they aren't there haha. I think many AD try to check it out and get bored of running from basically the gate to fort ash every time they encounter one of the zergs. You have to be a little more passive with the keeps if you want to persuade them to come over, that's why Haderus died for about three weeks last month (Which I participated in as EP, so I saw it go down)

Yeah haderus got hit hard lol. Most of the guys there had no idea what to do so i can't blame them. It's where i go to grind alts up in caves so i try to defend when i can.
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Attackopsn wrote: »

had some reds gate camping last night..that did not help either..but oh well, I have my fun no matter what
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."