Maintenance for the week of November 30:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – November 30

Audio Crashing

tfraley
tfraley
Good day guys,

Ok My setup
5k iMac with OSX El Capitan updated
Duet 2 (audio)

Ok, it seems if I run ESO along with the latest TeamSpeak things work for about 5-10min
Until ESO audio stops working.. TeamSpeak continues to work fine
The Only way to fix ESO audio is to quit the game and restart it.

The duet 2 handles my audio and mic.
I havn't used TeamSpeak in a long time, so not sure when the issue started.


Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this? You know what happens in this situation everyone points figures at each other and never gets fixed..


any help would be greatly apreshiated.




  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tfraley wrote: »
    Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this? You know what happens in this situation everyone points figures at each other and never gets fixed..

    OS X 10.11 El Capitan has (had?) known issues with third party audio interfaces like Soundflower, and third party DAW software manufacturers like Steinberg warned their users not to upgrade before updated versions of their software were released.

    So, if you haven't already, check whether the manufacturer of your audio hardware offers updated drivers which explicitly support OS X 10.11.

  • ViscousSummer88
    ViscousSummer88
    ✭✭✭
    tfraley wrote: »
    Good day guys,

    Ok My setup
    5k iMac with OSX El Capitan updated
    Duet 2 (audio)

    Ok, it seems if I run ESO along with the latest TeamSpeak things work for about 5-10min
    Until ESO audio stops working.. TeamSpeak continues to work fine
    The Only way to fix ESO audio is to quit the game and restart it.

    The duet 2 handles my audio and mic.
    I havn't used TeamSpeak in a long time, so not sure when the issue started.


    Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this? You know what happens in this situation everyone points figures at each other and never gets fixed..


    any help would be greatly apreshiated.
    tfraley wrote: »
    Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this? You know what happens in this situation everyone points figures at each other and never gets fixed..

    OS X 10.11 El Capitan has (had?) known issues with third party audio interfaces like Soundflower, and third party DAW software manufacturers like Steinberg warned their users not to upgrade before updated versions of their software were released.

    So, if you haven't already, check whether the manufacturer of your audio hardware offers updated drivers which explicitly support OS X 10.11.

    I would recommend the following; Remove all external audio hardware, speakers, audio interfaces, microphones etc and also making sure you have no audio manipulating software either such as Boom etc. Try then and let us know if you still have the issue?
    Edited by ViscousSummer88 on October 31, 2015 12:03PM
    Steam Profile | Discord: Oliver#0001 | EU Megaserver: @ViscousSummer88
  • tfraley
    tfraley
    @KhajitFurTrader @ViscousSummer88

    Thank you guys for the suggestions.

    The Apogee Duet 2 has been updated for El Capitan for a while and I have had no other problems with it.
    Other software works fine, even ESO works fine. The problem is when I use ESO and TeamSpeak together that things go wonky. and Audio cuts out.

    If I pull the USB from the Duet and plug it back in the TeamSpeak audio kicks back in but not ESO. I have to quit ESO then start it again for the Audio to start working again.


    I'm sure it's a Mix of ESO, TeamSpeak and Duet 2 that's causing the issues, I have posted in their forums as well, but I expect everyone to point fingers at each other rather than help solve the problem.

    FYI: I use no audio manipulating software outside of duet 2's mixer


    Again ESO runs fine alone and even Teamspeak run's fine alone, it's when I use them at the same time.. Never fails 5-10 min audio crash

    I will also note when ESO audio crashes, it kind of defaults to iMac built in speakers but very very low...


    Trying to add whatever I can think of here..


    Thanks for help in advance..
  • ViscousSummer88
    ViscousSummer88
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if Teamspeak has built in overlay functionality but if it does have you tried disabling that? If it's anything like the Mumble overlay it can play havoc with various applications, hardware and software for no apparent reason.

    Worth a shot?
    Steam Profile | Discord: Oliver#0001 | EU Megaserver: @ViscousSummer88
  • tfraley
    tfraley
    @ViscousSummer88

    Intresting.. What is considerd overlay.. Like auido of people coming in and out.. anocuments?

  • ViscousSummer88
    ViscousSummer88
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like it's and addon, so unless you installed it you'll not have it - http://addons.teamspeak.com/directory/addon/overlay/ts3overlay.html

    Was worth a try though.
    Steam Profile | Discord: Oliver#0001 | EU Megaserver: @ViscousSummer88
  • tfraley
    tfraley
    Na, never played with teamspeak addons
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tfraley wrote: »
    If I pull the USB from the Duet and plug it back in the TeamSpeak audio kicks back in but not ESO. I have to quit ESO then start it again for the Audio to start working again.


    I'm sure it's a Mix of ESO, TeamSpeak and Duet 2 that's causing the issues, I have posted in their forums as well, but I expect everyone to point fingers at each other rather than help solve the problem.

    FYI: I use no audio manipulating software outside of duet 2's mixer


    Again ESO runs fine alone and even Teamspeak run's fine alone, it's when I use them at the same time.. Never fails 5-10 min audio crash

    I will also note when ESO audio crashes, it kind of defaults to iMac built in speakers but very very low...

    Well, ESO audio settings lack the possibility of selecting a sound output device, so it's safe to say that whatever device is selected as system default when starting of the client will tired to be used throughout the process' lifetime. If that device somehow becomes unavailable (USB disconnect / exclusive lock by another app?), I don't know whether there is a robust fallback mechanism.

    What happens when you set the system's default audio output to the internal speakers, and the TeamSpeak playback device to the Duet/Headset? Is this more stable in the long run?

    Edited by KhajitFurTrader on November 1, 2015 10:35AM
  • tfraley
    tfraley
    @KhajitFurTrader

    That is exactly my thinking,

    As for using the default audio, The iMac built in are pretty lame and not worth using at all.


    Today,
    I noticed while playing ESO I had teamspeak open and in a channel..
    No one was their and everything was fine until like an hour later when someone came into the channel
    And wouldn't you know 2min later boom the sound went out. Pulled usb and plugged it back in.
    Teamspeak audio working again and ESO audio defaulter to imac audio (this is what has been happing)
    Then 2min later again boom...

    I have to think it has something to do with the audio it when you actually talking to someone.

  • ViscousSummer88
    ViscousSummer88
    ✭✭✭
    Go to system settings while your devices and applications are open, select the audio device you want to use and deselect/select it again to refresh your audio.

    See how that works.
    Steam Profile | Discord: Oliver#0001 | EU Megaserver: @ViscousSummer88
  • tfraley
    tfraley
    @ViscousSummer88

    Thanks for the suggestion, However, that was the first thing I tried.

    The device drops off and ESO wouldn't allow you to change devices anyhow, you still would need a game restart to kick it in.

    This issue really got me stumped.

  • tfraley
    tfraley
    Still nothing from Apogee (Duet2) nor TeamSpeak forums
  • tfraley
    tfraley
    still no luck here,

    It's funny went a whole day of gaming yesterday with no issue.
    But today every 5min audio crash..
    Even did a fresh restart of the computer and made sure I didn''t open any thing other then ESO and teamspeak
Sign In or Register to comment.