The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Maximizing dps as a stam dk?

Conquers
Conquers
✭✭✭✭
Is there a good way to maximize my boss dps as a stam sort, I try to use mostly physical damage, boosted by my cp
I currently run a rotation of WB WB heavy unstable flame WB WB repeat
I use rally, and then ultimate was flawless dawnbreaker. I'm thinking to use dragon leap for the physical damage now as well as more immediate (but dawn for undead and daedra)
Below 50%, should I use execute or WB with execute slotted for 18%bonus

My second is dw for aoe, and I carry a bow for ranged battles
I only use 2 dk abilities (other than wings which isn't needed much in group dungeons, but for maelstrom I'm sure it's important)
Those abilities are Green DB for the stam recovery and self heal to reduce healer stress, and unstable flame

I feel like dk needs more stamina morphs because we have no class skill like how all other classes have.
Should I be switching to dw every 10 seconds to apply a dot?

What's best ultimate?
I try to stay with physical dps only but unstable flame seemed like a must
VR 16 Orc Stamina Dragonknight

We need a loot currency system in this game!
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/230549/currency-system-for-dungeons#latest
  • Conquers
    Conquers
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 hunding
    3 nightmother
    3 agility
    Mostly divines, some infused
    Warrior stone
    Edited by Conquers on October 31, 2015 1:14AM

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/230549/currency-system-for-dungeons#latest
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Conquers wrote: »
    5 hunding
    3 nightmother
    3 agility
    Mostly divines, some infused
    Warrior stone

Pretty much.

Keep flawless dawnbreaker on you main dps bar. Being slotted increases weapon damage by 8% (if I recall correctly).
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First and foremost make sure you animation cancel and attack weave. Both boost DPS, and weaving helps gain Ult faster.

As far Ulimates go I'd stick with Flawless Dawnbreaker on your main bar for the 8% increased damage, and then Standard of Might on off bar, as it's a very good bonus to group DPS.

DK is in an odd place, and hopefully they get a stam whip in the update after Orsinium. The nerf to Molten Weapons actually hurt Stamina DK a bit too in terms of PVE. Nevertheless WB, Rapid Strikes, or Flying Blade make ok substitutes for a non-class damage skill.

As far a swapping bars, no I'd keep at least Unstable Flame on my main bar, and perhaps even Burning Breath.

Start using Executioner at 25%.
  • Conquers
    Conquers
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is weaving?

• dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Conquers wrote: »
    What is weaving?

Skills that are instant as well as light and heavy attacks can be used then have the animation cut short. Skills (even Ultimates) can be cut short by using them then tapping block or weapon swapping. With light and heavy attacks it's a skill (instant or not doesn't matter) tapping block, or weapon swap.

Chaining these actions together is referred to as weaving or block casting/canceling. Basically it lets you preform more attacks in a shorter amount of time.

Most simple is light attack weaving. Start with a light attack and then use a skill. The timing can be a bit tricky, but you can use the sound of your weapon hitting as que.

Then there is heavy/medium weaving. It's called medium because it's charging a heavy attack just enough to get full damage then canceling the rest of the animation. The timing can be hard to get down at first, but every weapon has a visual point that marks it.

Next you have block casting. This is the most difficult to master. The goal is the cut an animation by tapping block, but releaseit before your character raises their weapon to block.

When you put it all together it's a chain of using a light or heavy attack - canceling the animation with a skill - canceling the skill animation with a block - repeat. And when you need something on your second bar you use weapon swap in place of block.

Now if you're using WB you can still weave in light or heavy attacks, you just cannot animation cancel the WB with block or weapon swap. However you can still do that for other skills.

There are several videos you can find that will also explain it to you. Also with you're on NA PS4 DC. Add me PSN: ddaysix and I'll gladly show you first hand.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have been stamina dd DK a year now. And I get a little pissed actually when I look at other classes how many skill they can turn into stamina morph, while dk only have 2, and both are dots. I dont say those dots are bad, but the option are not much.
    Mostly things on my bar is weapon or alliance skills.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends