The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Removal of Champion Points from BWB

Digerati
Digerati
✭✭✭✭
How do you prioritize the removal of Champion Points from the Non-Veteran Campaign?
Edited by Digerati on October 30, 2015 5:53PM

Removal of Champion Points from BWB 89 votes

0 - Let Champion Points stay in the Non-Veteran Campaign
20%
Cinnamon_SpiderToast_STSCrickiitxXNesTXxPhatGrimReaperMinscSharakorKatinasGyudanLevo18BigToneSpliffoSithisvoidLoreRileySkinzzvamp_emilyKris_wbgLaguz 18 votes
1 - Lowest priority, do not divert any development resources for the foreseeable future
3%
talabrinaThe-BaconatorDiozaels 3 votes
2 - Lower priority
3%
dsalterRosviraDhuBleidd 3 votes
3 - Low priority
7%
Slurglolo_01b16_ESOSheezabeastValencerFfastylallen-iversonAngus 7 votes
4 - Neutral priority, "I don't care!"
15%
SarousseKanyeWestTaylorSwiftMoreDinoRajajshkaFireCowCommandoReverbimrednecksondday3sixWassyLadGuyNamedSeanAsmaelJOE_WILLIEXuulVoxicity 14 votes
5 - High priority
20%
jluchaubluefootLava_CroftJitterbugPaulhewhewriaJa50nXtengriVyle_ByteMerlightKelcesCelas_DranaceasadownikJaronkingOberon45AlucardoDannyLV702AconightSezetcik 18 votes
6 - Higher priority
5%
Valen_ByteleeuxLettigallAngaratoAyrs 5 votes
7 - Highest priority, this change is crucial and development resources should be pulled from any and all directions, even if it means postponing other releases
23%
DigeratiIruil_ESORikumaruoyvind_okb16_ESOYashatechnohicAFrostWolfnothing2591Falcon9142MauzindorilwitchamericansteelXarcAMadAussieTillalarrienevogalaksikusOnkelSiegmyerSprogglessagent64 21 votes
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 - High priority
    It's definitely up there, but there's more pressing matters destroying PvP. If it's a quick flick of a button, I say go for it.
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    7 - Highest priority, this change is crucial and development resources should be pulled from any and all directions, even if it means postponing other releases
    take the entire CP system out of the game.
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 - High priority
    The CP system is actually a pretty good idea. I like it. Though like I've said before, it was just implemented from the start wrong.
    My extremely confrontational, yet flawless ( ;) ) idea was here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/223904/lets-say-good-bye-to-the-champion-system-and-hello-to-the-champion-system
  • Digerati
    Digerati
    ✭✭✭✭
    About the pollster:
    I have a decent amount of champion points so I personally feel pretty good on lowbies in BWB. Recently, I've convinced a large amount of my friends to play this game with me. It's quite obvious, running around in BWB with them, who has high CP and who doesn't. At times, we can see a SINGLE player occupying 15+ people for several solid minutes, holding advantages in that fight at times. A twinked out character completely dominates.

The most frustrating event here was last night, yellow team built up a force of about 20 players and started to take back Faregyl. TWO blues showed up for the defense. Literally TWO. TWO people were able to completely destroy the force of 20 people. Not the most organized 20 people, but there is absolutely no justification for two people being able to rush into the tower 20 people are set up in and literally wipe them with ease. That was the most imbalanced *** I've ever seen. Even though they were two former emps, it was obvious their emp bonuses weren't what carried the day for them.

When twinks are literally 10x as powerful as the average player, you've got a serious issue on your hands. This issue has pretty much trashed BWB and I'd even like to see the campaign closed down until this issue is fixed, as it's misleading.

"Here's a campaign for new players to go get completely torn apart by twinks in."
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 - High priority
    Trust me man, I know how toxic CPs are on BwB. Not only do a lot of vets on there have 240+ CPs, but they've got the experience to boot, so defending a fort from 15-20 noobs isn't going to be much of an issue.
    I don't have that many, but I still have enough to gain an advantage over someone with very little or none. I'd just not assign them if I didn't know there was other vets out there with even more.
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    The CP system is actually a pretty good idea. I like it. Though like I've said before, it was just implemented from the start wrong.
    My extremely confrontational, yet flawless ( ;) ) idea was here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/223904/lets-say-good-bye-to-the-champion-system-and-hello-to-the-champion-system

I guess CP can be good in PvE how ever in PvP when all I see is sorcs shield stacking I don't think the CP system is fair for some one with 120CP against some one who plays seemingly non stop with 200 plus CP.

on both PC and console I felt and many others I play with have felt that going against certain players with high CP is not fair.
    with a huge amount of time spent on ESO you can grind CP and put those points in the right tree and go into PvP you can become a god.
    i miss ESO before the CP systems came out.

i read your link nice.
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • Digerati
    Digerati
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like CP in PvE and in the vet campaigns... I don't like a hard cap. Perhaps there could be a greater degree of diminishing returns? Or you can only choose one tree from each color to get the upper-half bonuses from?

But one thing is for sure, the power disparity between someone with hundreds of CP vs an actual noob in BWB is too great. CP has no place in BwB and needs to be removed ASAP.
  • Digerati
    Digerati
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those who've voted 0 either never play BwB or they have a former emp with a thousand CP in BwB
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    0 - Let Champion Points stay in the Non-Veteran Campaign
    Let me guess, this is another 1v1 issue?

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Digerati
    Digerati
    ✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »

This is a 10v1 issue. Good job reading the thread.
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭

let me guess you're, in favor of New characters who have 200 plus CP and would demolish any new player who stands before that person?
    the entire CP system is not fair regardless of campaign adding CP in non vet campaign will only allow veteran players to mop the floors with new players. new players stand next no chance when they come across vet players in non pvp.
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 - High priority

I won 99% of my duels today. 'Cause champion points
  • Vyperia
    Vyperia
    ✭✭✭
    Let's see how the changes to battle levelling work, before we start moaning about cp in non-vet.
    PC EU - CP 810+ - @Vyperia

Vyperia - Stamsorc EP
    Aela Of Rorikstead - Stamdk EP
    Fireya at-Rusa - Stamden DC

XB NA - CP 500+ - GT Vyperia

Aleri Telvanni - Magsorc AD
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They can let it be, or disable it. I don't mind.

Still, people seriously need to stop blaming CPs when it very clearly comes down to their own derping.

Give my current CPs (135~) to a pug and ask him to win a 1v6. He will fail, even if faced with only 2 equally derping randoms.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 - High priority
    It would definitely encourage more new players to join the fight and even somehow experienced ones. I view it simply as a new set of rules and would add more variety to the whole experience.

Want more content (albeit a subtle one)? That could bring it.
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite pointless thread. How do we prioritize it is irrelevant and how does ZOS sadly obvious.
  • Digerati
    Digerati
    ✭✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »
    Quite pointless thread. How do we prioritize it is irrelevant and how does ZOS sadly obvious.

You're definitely an expert on pointless posting..
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see how vet-chars handle 1v1s or even group play without CP.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wondr how much of those that vote that cp should stay the same, are actually playing bwb.
    never seen or ehard of them
  • Rosvira
    Rosvira
    ✭✭
    2 - Lower priority
    I don't think it should be removed entirely from BwB, I think there should be a limit of how many you can apply to a non-vet, so that it doesn't become incredibly difficult for someone with 0 cp to beat them.
    Rosvîra - EP Sorcerer
    Arivsor - DC Sorcerer
    Legendary Nobhead - EP Templar
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 - High priority
    Let's see how the changes to battle levelling work, before we start moaning about cp in non-vet.

Um, we've started moaning about CP in non-vet months ago. No amount of battle levelling can make it fair.
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 - High priority
    Merlight wrote: »

Um, we've started moaning about CP in non-vet months ago. No amount of battle levelling can make it fair.
    The battle levelling changes will increase our primary attribute, spell/weapon damage and regen. Vets are going to get that, plus whatever points they stack into CPs.
    I could be wrong, but I have a feeling we're about to become even stronger.
  • Digerati
    Digerati
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a whole lot of CP... but I have enough that pretty much any non-vet stands zero chance against me 1 v 1, and in a group fight, i make all that much more difference. I've rolled several new characters recently and my level 15-25s are wrecking legit newbies.
    edit: I would expect to be able to beat most legit newbies due to my knowledge and experience with the game and its mechanics... But I can just clown on them. The advantage is significant. I'm doing like 10% more damage and taking 10% less damage, as well as all those other little perks on the side.. I am at least 20% more powerful than an equally geared, equally leveled non-vet. It's pathetic that some are actually in favor of keeping this in place.

The whole point of the non-vet league is so that newbies don't have to compete with stacked characters... Yet the current situation is that some will have an immense advantage... And it's just impossible for the legit newb to make up the difference.

Maybe just make CP available to non-vets? So you just slowly earn CP after 10, rather than only after 50?
    Edited by Digerati on October 31, 2015 5:53PM
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5 - High priority

It's an issue of losers with high CPs taking advantage of new players and ruining their fun.
  • KanyeWestTaylorSwift
    Kanye-West-Thumbs-Up.jpg
  • Digerati
    Digerati
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has the new battle scaling system mitigated the effect CP has in BWB?
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Digerati wrote: »

To a significant degree, I would say yes.
  • mcurley
    mcurley
    ✭✭✭

This is just not possible to tell yet. There were a lot of players in BwB last night who were completely ignorant of the changes and were trying to run around with the same useless gear they had on pre-patch. Needless to say those players were very easy to kill (even with my small amount of CP).

Once the majority of people realize they actually need to put some thought into their builds and then do so we will have a better understanding of how CPs are coming into play.

To a significant degree, I would say yes.

What made you say this?
    For the Covenant!
    Svvord - magicka NB
    Lavv - magicka DK
    Povver - stamina NB
    Psylint - stamina NB
    Yelruc - magicka Sorc
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have a whole lot of CP... but I have enough that pretty much any non-vet stands zero chance against me 1 v 1, and in a group fight, i make all that much more difference. I've rolled several new characters recently and my level 15-25s are wrecking legit newbies.
    edit: I would expect to be able to beat most legit newbies due to my knowledge and experience with the game and its mechanics... But I can just clown on them. The advantage is significant. I'm doing like 10% more damage and taking 10% less damage, as well as all those other little perks on the side.. I am at least 20% more powerful than an equally geared, equally leveled non-vet. It's pathetic that some are actually in favor of keeping this in place.

The whole point of the non-vet league is so that newbies don't have to compete with stacked characters... Yet the current situation is that some will have an immense advantage... And it's just impossible for the legit newb to make up the difference.

Maybe just make CP available to non-vets? So you just slowly earn CP after 10, rather than only after 50?

CPs are not doing all of that:/ especially if you "dont have a whole lot" I only have about 80 and still beat most of the people I fight in BwB. you just have more experience. you also have to remember that not every BwB player is new. I am willing to bet that many veteran players have come to BwB to escape the horror that is vet PvP, and have some CPs themselves.

I would advocate a CP removal for BwB though. it cant hurt anything
    Edited by Cody on November 4, 2015 9:36PM
  • Digerati
    Digerati
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

CPs are not doing all of that:/ especially if you "dont have a whole lot" I only have about 80 and still beat most of the people I fight in BwB. you just have more experience. you also have to remember that not every BwB player is new. I am willing to bet that many veteran players have come to BwB to escape the horror that is vet PvP, and have some CPs themselves.

I would advocate a CP removal for BwB though. it cant hurt anything

I don't care if I know how to play and I know to keep my gear up to date and know to use food buffs.. I shouldn't be able to log into a level 14 and /yawn at ANYONE and then drop them in 3 seconds. I can because I have a nice chunk of CP and I am 30%+ more powerful than someone who has no CP could possibly be.

I could see if the guy was totally undergeared... But if the guy actually knows his class, he knows how to build, he's got good gear, I shouldn't be that more powerful simply because I have a high level. I'm not in BwB to play a twink. I'm in there to be on level ground with my newbie friends.
    Edited by Digerati on November 4, 2015 10:25PM