The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Are Stamina Sorcs For Real?

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka builds also enjoy significantly more mitigation abilities, from cc to shields to other defenses. I think that's always been the tradeoff in ZoS mind.
    @dodgehopper_ESO , and which CC to stam users not have access to again??

Stamina users have access to CC, but at a much more limited level. Most CC are magicka based, and the best cc ARE MAGICKA BASED and as such a magicka character can fire them at will ad nauseum, and a cc player can not. I think its pretty self explanatory. Binding Javelin and Caltrops are examples of stamina-based cc, and you'll notice they are of a softer more slushy variety than something harder like fossilize, encase or talons.

At any regard the reason for my prior post was to play devil's advocate and explain why I believe they designed the balance the way they did. I'm not saying they've done it in an ideal fashion. In fact I think they've made quite a few balance blunders. I think I've answered your question though. For whatever reason ZoS gave mitigation (heals, cc, shields, armor spells) to magic and stamina users are more for raw dps. Blocking/Rolling use to be part of the stamina based mitigation but has been more or less removed from the game at this phase, which absolutely favors magicka MITIGATION in pvp. I recognize that in PVE a tank has to have a more balanced approach as well, but that is another issue altogether.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bigger issue is that removal of soft caps has favored damage stacking builds so of course everyone is only going to use high burst skills like wb...
    Edited by Cathexis on October 30, 2015 12:16AM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, this is a nerf wrecking blow thread disguised as a stamina sorc hate thread.

Naaaailed it.
  • Gunphu
    Gunphu
    ✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »
    The bigger issue is that removal of soft caps has favored damage stacking builds so of course everyone is only going to use high burst skills like wb...

If you do not stack damage this patch you wont kill anbody. 50% dmg reduction, VR 3's with well over 30k life, all mobility and active defense got nerfed to ***.

They are turning this game into rockem sockem robots. Stand in ome spot and get lucky with landing your hardest hitting ability first. Of course im over exaggerating to get my point across, but its close to the truth.
    Edited by Gunphu on October 30, 2015 12:02PM
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gunphu wrote: »
    Cathexis wrote: »

If you do not stack damage this patch you wont kill anbody. 50% dmg reduction, VR 3's with well over 30k life, all mobility and active defense got nerfed to ***.

They are turning this game into rockem sockem robots. Stand in ome spot and get lucky with landing your hardest hitting ability first. Of course im over exaggerating to get my point across, but its close to the truth.

Leaving aside the fact that rockem sockem robots are awesome, I haven't found damage stacking to be particularly essential.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eligh0716 wrote: »
    To the op, I totally agree. You know something is wrong when every class in the game is spamming wb... It defeats the purpose of a magicka sorc because the Stam ones are better right now. It makes no sense. I for one think it's weird to have a stamina based sorc so I stuck with magicka but after getting wb by Stam SORCS in pvp all day, I'm beginning to question myself... Something needs a fix here.

They are hardly better than magicka sorcs. I would say they are competitive, but wrecking blow hits roughly as hard as shards except it has a tiny range. It's not point and shoot at 30 meters. I would say my stam sorc can keep up with sorcs, but I'm not impervious to caster combos. And if I don't fight conservatively a hardcore shield stack spammer will keep me on my toes.
    Edited by Cathexis on October 30, 2015 1:28PM
    Praise Malacath.
  • KundaliniHero
    KundaliniHero
    ✭✭✭
    Excuse me if I'm mistaken here, but what in the actual oblivion is going on?

A Sorcerer basically flying around the battlefield spamming WRECKING BLOW!????? :lol::lol:

Has PvP hit an all time low or something? is this the great depression in Cyrodiil?

We've got Stamina DK's who run around with Wrecking Blow spam, Nightblades who run around with Wrecking Blow spam and now SORCERERS who're running around spamming Wrecking Blow.

I came from WoW, where it actually took skill to PvP. You actually had to think carefully when it came high rated Arena, RBGs etc. No offence, but PvP in this game is absolutely braindead when you think about it.

Imagine if you were involved in a gaming company in the PvP department, and they told you "Right, we're going to give Stamina Users an ability that hits like a truck, completely knocks them back, takes a second to cast, has a pretty decent range, costs nothing AND hits even harder on the second swing." I'd personally think wait, what? so you're putting a load of class skills in the game but instead of offering diversity, like a Stamina morph of a Magicka ability for example, you'd rather just put the 'Godmode 1 Button Win' in for every class that uses Stamina? :disappointed::dizzy:

I really dont understand people who complain about spamming in ESO when the whole foundation of this game is built on that very concept. Yes WB is a strong skill and thats precisely why people spam it. Why? because they can. If you put a crack rock next to a crackhead are you really that surprised if a second later it vanishes, no your not because he's a fracking crackhead. The same goes for ESO players, if there is a powerful skill, an exploit, a cheat you can bet your ass its gonna get spammed. And I totally disagree that there is no skill involved in this game. There are many good players that will eat a WB spammer for breakfast, its actually not that hard to counter 1v1 but it takes experience to understand the angles and positioning.
  • Nirnrot
    Nirnrot
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoy the fact that people laughed when I was rolling around as a Stam Sorc at launch and now it seems to be the bane of the week. Move over Nightblades and low fps there is a new contender for forum hate!

Lulz....

Srsly, that wrecking blow tho. I tried to play without it but my bow couldn't pump out the single target dps that was needed in my build. I had to go to the darkside...having rally plus crit surge witb 82% crit has made life much easier too! ;-)
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nirnrot wrote: »
    I enjoy the fact that people laughed when I was rolling around as a Stam Sorc at launch and now it seems to be the bane of the week. Move over Nightblades and low fps there is a new contender for forum hate!

Lulz....

Srsly, that wrecking blow tho. I tried to play without it but my bow couldn't pump out the single target dps that was needed in my build. I had to go to the darkside...having rally plus crit surge witb 82% crit has made life much easier too! ;-)

Khajit + Thief + all Divines?
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand the fascination with pumping up your weapon damage as a stam sorc. We don't need to increase it as high as we can because of our new passives and I find that increasing my crit while still maintaining high weapon damage offers me so much more survivability and allows my sorc to be unique compared to other class stam builds.