The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New player confusion

nofsimus
nofsimus
I have a breton templar i homed to blackwater when i was about level 15ish. I fight for DC...can i have him fight for a different faction when the 7 day battle is over?

Also, i have a wood elf...if i change my mind and like him more and he becomes my main can he home to Blackwater? Is he stuck as AD being a wood elf?

Lastly, maybe i shouldn't even worry about it because my understanding of being "HOME" is to become emporer by ranking (which i know i never will be since Im a casual player)....is that the ONLY benifit to set a HOME? can i still buy pvp gear and earn points if i am a guest. On that note can i have my DC character and an AD character both play Blackwater?

Best Answer

• nofsimus
    nofsimus
    I think i get it...kind of sucks for someone with "altitis" like me tho.

Thanks all
    Answer ✓
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You cannot change faction on a character. Only thing you can do is change which version of Cyrodiil you fight in, but it will always be for the same side. You can not have multiple characters have the same HOME campaign. And other than the ranking and the end reward for a campaign there is no other bonus.
  • nofsimus
    nofsimus
    Thanks for that reply but what if i prefer a new "main" character...can my dusty old toon leave Blackwater from "HOME" so my alt can "home" to it?

What are the end campaign rewards i miss out on as gurst?
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you create a character you pick a faction for them to play on. In PvP this can not be changed. But seeing as your Temp is only 15, I would just start another with the faction you truly want to be on. On the server you want to be on. (personally I would say we need DC players out there because we're the lowest population, but it's your choice)

You can gain alliance points (or AP) on either homed or guest campaigns. But there are also rewards handed out at the end of each campaign cycle. If you are "homed" on a campaign ,this means a chance at some set gear or at least stuff you can break down for materials plus some gold. This is dependent on how far up the leader board you got during the cycle.You may not get Emp, but you could get some nice stuff.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you change home on one character that leave that campaign open for another. The reward for the end of campaigns differ depending on how much AP you got during that time and how well your faction as a whole did. The rewards are gear of different kinds and gold. Its mostly the PvP gear that you get but the Master weapons also have a low chance of giving but I think that is only for the top 1% of the winning faction that gets that if I remember right.
  • _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nofsimus wrote: »
    I think i get it...kind of sucks for someone with "altitis" like me tho.

Thanks all

Have no fear, they are close to changing it so you can home/guest the same campaign on more than one faction, it's just a matter of time.
    'Chaos