Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Questions About Race

Kallistio
Kallistio
I haven't really found a character to stick with that I really enjoy, but I have been playing nightblade and enjoying it a lot. My friend and I play Ebonheart Pact, so I went with Argonian because I liked the idea of being a life-stealer nightblade. Now that I am level 11, I have strayed away from that and have built my character into a stamina-based nightblade. My question is, should I have gone Dark Elf instead for the fire resist/stat buffs? Is it something I should restart over?
  • Mcac21
    Mcac21
    Kallistio wrote: »
    I haven't really found a character to stick with that I really enjoy, but I have been playing nightblade and enjoying it a lot. My friend and I play Ebonheart Pact, so I went with Argonian because I liked the idea of being a life-stealer nightblade. Now that I am level 11, I have strayed away from that and have built my character into a stamina-based nightblade. My question is, should I have gone Dark Elf instead for the fire resist/stat buffs? Is it something I should restart over?

I feel your pain, it's hard to stick with one character the whole game. Yes the nightblade would have gone quite good with the Dark elf or even the Khajiit for that matter but it depends on your fighting style if you want to be a stealthy type of Nightblade then Khajiit yes or if you want to be a kick everyone's butt type of Nightblade then dark elf, imperial (if you have the imperial dlc) or even the wood elf would be great in my experience. It all just depends on you're fighting style, how you want you're combination of combo's to work out. Argonians are a good race for nightblades aswell. If you're toooooooo far in the game then hell no don't start over.
  • Kallistio
    Kallistio
    Mcac21 wrote: »

I feel your pain, it's hard to stick with one character the whole game. Yes the nightblade would have gone quite good with the Dark elf or even the Khajiit for that matter but it depends on your fighting style if you want to be a stealthy type of Nightblade then Khajiit yes or if you want to be a kick everyone's butt type of Nightblade then dark elf, imperial (if you have the imperial dlc) or even the wood elf would be great in my experience. It all just depends on you're fighting style, how you want you're combination of combo's to work out. Argonians are a good race for nightblades aswell. If you're toooooooo far in the game then hell no don't start over.

Thanks, yes I do own Imperial Edition. I really didn't want to role Imperial though; just seemed as a boring choice since the past few characters had been imperial. One of the reasons why I chose Argonian was for the looks, but I have heard about people regretting their character choice later on because they didn't synergize well with their class. I really don't feel like starting over, so I will probably just continue with this character.
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    The "problem" with the Argonian is it doesn't any racial trait to improve a resource pool. If you're looking to min/max for PvE, it's not the best choice for a healer or a DD. It's still a perfectly valid choice for a tank (because of the potions racial)

That said, at your level, it's really not an issue. And if you have the impression that level 11 is already a bit late to change, I have the feeling that the vr16 isn't really close ^^

So just enjoy the game as an Argonian if you like it ! And like I said, if you don't plan on playing in PvE HL, there is really no problem.
    What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
    Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
    Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
    Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
    Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
    Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
    Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
    Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
    Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
    Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)
  • Wolfy2512
    Wolfy2512
    Mcac21 wrote: »

Thanks, yes I do own Imperial Edition. I really didn't want to role Imperial though; just seemed as a boring choice since the past few characters had been imperial. One of the reasons why I chose Argonian was for the looks, but I have heard about people regretting their character choice later on because they didn't synergize well with their class. I really don't feel like starting over, so I will probably just continue with this character.

You could always start an alt and lean more towards the playstyle you're looking at without deleting the other character and then decide which you prefer.

I normally choose what weapon to use first and then pick a race that I think would suit, i'm having a decent amount of fun with a Bosmer Nightblade with a bow.

• Kallistio
    Kallistio
    Usara wrote: »
    The "problem" with the Argonian is it doesn't any racial trait to improve a resource pool. If you're looking to min/max for PvE, it's not the best choice for a healer or a DD. It's still a perfectly valid choice for a tank (because of the potions racial)

That said, at your level, it's really not an issue. And if you have the impression that level 11 is already a bit late to change, I have the feeling that the vr16 isn't really close ^^

So just enjoy the game as an Argonian if you like it ! And like I said, if you don't plan on playing in PvE HL, there is really no problem.

I plan to do everything, or at least almost everything. I have been enjoying Argonian, and like I said I don't feel like playing through what I have done all over again, I just got tired of it because of all the times I have restarted. Is it a problem to do high level PvE with the path I am going down?
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, "problem" may be too big of a word to describe it, but you won't have as much DPS as someone with the same class and using the same skills in the same gear, but playing a "better race" like Redguard or Imperial.
    What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
    Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
    Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
    Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
    Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
    Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
    Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
    Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
    Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
    Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the right gears, skill bars, and experience in the game, Argonians can be competitive in PvE and PvP. You won't hit the same numbers as someone min-maxing stamina or magicka, but there are players who are very successful in all phases of the game with all races.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • GuyNamedSean
    GuyNamedSean
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly could care less what passives other races have, considering I always play as a Dunmer just for the sake of roleplay. I wouldn't want racial passives removed, though. I like having traits that make me a bit better or worse at something.

An Argonian Nightblade would be a lot of fun, I think. Especially if I was making a character focused on Siphoning like you were going to, OP.

Keep in mind that the Shadowscales are swift and stealthy Argonian assassins. There's a lore precedent for your Stamblade playstyle. ^_^
    Former Guildmaster of the Legion of Mournhold
    XBL: GuyNamedSean
    PC: GuyNamedSeanPC
  • Kallistio
    Kallistio
    I honestly could care less what passives other races have, considering I always play as a Dunmer just for the sake of roleplay. I wouldn't want racial passives removed, though. I like having traits that make me a bit better or worse at something.

An Argonian Nightblade would be a lot of fun, I think. Especially if I was making a character focused on Siphoning like you were going to, OP.

Keep in mind that the Shadowscales are swift and stealthy Argonian assassins. There's a lore precedent for your Stamblade playstyle. ^_^

Yea, I remembered the two Shadowscales from Oblivion. Shame they died out in Skyrim. I'm actually surprised they changed argonians into healer/support race from the stealthy racials they had in the singleplayer games, especially because of the fact that Nords are warriors and Dunmer are leaning towards mage.
    Edited by Kallistio on October 22, 2015 8:48PM