Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Traders Nightmare! Help!

sazodeha
sazodeha
✭✭
This players market is an absolute nightmare! Just one example. My provisioner gets the crafting writ to make Mulled Wine, a recipe of course she does not have. Hit the traders.

Logging in every faction traveling every guild trader I could find, I couldn't find that recipe at all! AND it took well over an hour! There has to be a better way to search ALL the guild traders rather than just jumping around, and to make matters worse there is no search function?? Why Dev!? Why did you design the players market SO HORRIBLY!!!???

The way the players market is designed currently is inefficient, cumbersome, a massive waste of time and absolutely a pain in the tuckus!!! PLEASE CENTRALIZE!!!!!
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe I'm dumb but I don't really understand what you're trying to say. Maybe because I don't do writs idk
  • sazodeha
    sazodeha
    ✭✭
    in other words, finding a specific item across ALL guild traders is not possible and a very, very, very, very, very, poorly designed players market economy! There needs to be:

1) A central way to search for items specifically across ALL guild traders
    2) A "search" function that allows you to type in what it is your looking for
  • Deheart
    Deheart
    ✭✭✭
    Make a provisioner char, spend a day or two leveling provisioning up, use it to supply the provisioning writs for all chars. For some reason provisioning writ supplies can be made by any char.

Also, get the addon master merchant, it automaticly searches a store untill it finds what you are looking for, no stopping each page.
    As a casual player I was satisfied that at one point I had a char max level and near max crafting with almost all motifs and I pretty much lost interest. Then ESO discovered DLC's and now my main is just a wanabe and I am happily pulled back into the game.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That would ruin the purpose of bidding for traders. Every place would cost the same and it would be pointless to have traders to interact with. Same thing as with finding the right location for a business in the real world.
  • AlphaCrucis
    AlphaCrucis
    ✭✭✭
    sazodeha wrote: »
    This players market is an absolute nightmare! Just one example. My provisioner gets the crafting writ to make Mulled Wine, a recipe of course she does not have. Hit the traders.

Logging in every faction traveling every guild trader I could find, I couldn't find that recipe at all! AND it took well over an hour! There has to be a better way to search ALL the guild traders rather than just jumping around, and to make matters worse there is no search function?? Why Dev!? Why did you design the players market SO HORRIBLY!!!???

The way the players market is designed currently is inefficient, cumbersome, a massive waste of time and absolutely a pain in the tuckus!!! PLEASE CENTRALIZE!!!!!

For me personally the easiest way to find items i need is through guilds that I'm in, it's not very often i go to guild traders
    Australian, Aldmeri Dominion
    Altmer, Dragonknight (mag), Damage Dealer
    Brenton, Templar, Healer
    Bosmer, Nightblade (stam), Damage Dealer, PvP
    PS4, NA Server
    Guild Member Of: Brotherhood of Bogans
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    Deheart wrote: »
    Also, get the addon master merchant, it automaticly searches a store untill it finds what you are looking for, no stopping each page.

Woefully this isn't an option for Console players.
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be glad that we have a search option now. Quit beechin or they'll take it away!
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Count_Dracula
    Count_Dracula
    ✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    That would ruin the purpose of bidding for traders. Every place would cost the same and it would be pointless to have traders to interact with. Same thing as with finding the right location for a business in the real world.

I agree with this.
  • sazodeha
    sazodeha
    ✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »

So I should pay a monthly fee to simulate how much the real world is unfair, a gross monopoly, and sucks? I live that everyday for free (although not really since we all pay out the ass in one form or another), why pay to virtually experience it!!?? This is a game that is supposed to be fun!!

The point is they are desperately trying to be "visionary" in doing the trading system like no other and failing miserably!!!! Sure, the guild that pays the most coin has the most frequented trader by convenience. But that serves the SELLER NOT THE BUYER!

A centralized selling system benefits all in the long run, there is a reason why just about every other MMO in existence does it that way, if your trying to be different or innovative, do so in a way that is NOT a huge waste of time and resources, not to mention unfair to a great many!

So many times I think that people loose sight of the fact that this is a GAME! It should be fun, not so frustrating and so much bloody work that it become tedium!!
  • sazodeha
    sazodeha
    ✭✭
    You should be glad that we have a search option now. Quit beechin or they'll take it away!

that is just foolish thinking!
  • sazodeha
    sazodeha
    ✭✭
    [quote=For me personally the easiest way to find items i need is through guilds that I'm in, it's not very often i go to guild traders

Exactly!! This highlights the problem. The trading system is so horrible people are driven to the point they dont even bother with it, instead leaning on their guilds! That my friend is a symptom! Fix it Dev! Admit your failure, put on your big boy pants, and stop being so stubborn in holding onto an idea that is an utter disaster!
    Edited by sazodeha on October 20, 2015 11:54AM
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    @sazodeha: Seriously? A year and a half into this game and you think suddenly ZOS is going to see the light? For better or worse, it is what it is. The Guild Kiosk system is never going to change.

I've been playing since beta, and quite frankly, I'm amazed that any console players even bother to play this game as gimped as it is without Add-Ons. If it weren't for the Add-Ons on PC, I'd have been done a long time ago. Good luck!
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    10 years ago in Runescape (no snickering at the back there please) if you wanted a specific item you had to go to a crowded place and type your offer in a sea of hundreds of others doing the same. Quite cumbersome, but very satisfying when you got what you wanted.

I think you're making a mistake by thinking that easier means more fun. Getting that exact item you want should be somewhat of a challenge in my opinion.

Now those provisioning recipes specifically are a different matter, but that's because it was a stupid move to make players need recipes they have no way of getting outside of buying them of off other players or creating alternate characters.
    Fat Argonian Cook.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP you got my sympathy. I looked for a recipe I missed for over 2 months, spending many hours going from trader to trader. It hurts my eyes to browse through the traders, because we have no search function. I was willing to give 60k for it, but finelly found it for 9k in one of my trading guilds ...

For me the current trading system feels like everything is gimped and dumbed down to purposely annoy me ..and so many others I have met in through the game x_x I don't find it "challenging" I find it annoying and time consuming.

If I wanted a challenge, I would go do actual content. Like helping some hopeless noobs through pledges, or try to solo bosses in the Imperial Sewers, join a group for Imperial City Prison, do Dragonstar Arena with low levels and stuff like that.

@Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    Don't runescape have an auction house?
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on October 21, 2015 2:25PM
  • psychojudge
    psychojudge
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem for baked potatos. Is there a chance to find this recipe at vet2?
  • HebrewHatchet
    HebrewHatchet
    ✭✭✭
    I like the current system (ps4), but searching for Surviving item in a given store sucks, especially when you're looking through several hundred recipes for a specific one. A search function is needed, just for the store that you're looking through
    [PS4 NA]
    PSN: HebrewHatchet
  • Fat-Larry-Makes-All

@Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    Don't runescape have an auction house?

Yes the trade of real world cash and items for in-game stuff got so out of hand (there were bots everywhere) that Jagex was forced to abolish free inter player trading all together and introduce the Grand Exchange, RS's version of an auction house.

I think free trading is back in the game now though.

I was talking about before that, where you had trade worlds where thousands of people gathered in Fallador park to trade.
    Fat Argonian Cook.
  • LarryLoaf
    LarryLoaf
    Soul Shriven
    As above i think it has bee set up like this to try and stop real cash sale on eBay and website like what happens on fifa and such