Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vamp or not?

swirve
swirve
✭✭✭✭
I play DK Dunmer magika.

Ive gone heavy on magica and flame abilities on bar.

I play PvE and PvP

My PvP style mostly sees fights going > 20 secs, whereby early on I take a beating but have good recovery to win mostly when enemy burned resources.

Would the health, fire and fighters guild issues outweigh the vamp passives, especially the recovery and good damage mitigation at low health, when considering id struggle to fit a vamp ability on the bar given fire focus.

Im early on in champ so could go massively elemental defence or armour focused, or focus elsewhere if not distracted by vamp mitigation.

Opinions?

Best Answers

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, you've got the right race if you're thinking about becoming a Vamp, but personally I'd never do it. Sure, bat swarm is great, but at what cost?
    For people with access to Fighter's Guild abilities, Vampires stick out like a sore thumb - you'll twinkle more than Edward in sunlight, so you're more than likely to get targeted first. Nobody wants to get hit with bats, and the damage you receive from FG is not insignificant.
    Unless you've got 100 points into elemental defender (less needed for Dunmer), you'll need to find another way to mitigate the extra fire damage you're going to take.
    75% decrease to health regen at stage 4? Ouch. If you're in PvP there isn't going to be a lot of time to feed, so yeah, good luck with that.
    Silver leash (ranged crossbow) - one of the first FG's abilities you get does good damage against Vampires, knocks them down and on the second hit will drag you to them. I've managed to rope so many Vamps in with this skill, leading them to their death.. that's if camo hunter didn't proc and burst them into flames.
    Have I whet your appetite yet?

Oh, I don't like Vampires by the way. Just in case I didn't get that across.
    Answer ✓
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot to mention Dawnbreaker, but it will basically burn your face off.

Have a nice day.
    Answer ✓
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was a vamp for a while on 2 of my characters, they are both cured now. They were better without it :) I mainly did it for the achieve and the dye colour :blush:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
    Answer ✓
  • Reznique
    Reznique
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are a DK- focus less on PVP and stress more upon PVE

Therefore drop vampirism as it sucks in PVE

(You also don't need to sneak as a DK so another point against)
    Answer ✓