Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about VR Levels and Quests

Hrithmus
Hrithmus
✭✭✭
I like to visit new areas in this game since well it's massive. However im VR4. When i went into a low level area i was able to get the quests but the quest color was gray. I completed the quest and got little to no XP. Do the quests not scale when you get them or even scale when you complete them to your level? If not i find this very, very wrong as doing other areas would be almost pointless.

Also i have the same question about Dungeons, if i do a "Normal" dungeon i see the mobs are synced to the party leaders level, we finished the dungeon and i got little to no XP. Do Normal dungeons being done by a group of VR's count for nothing?

Am i stuck doing Veteran level Dungeons and only 1 or 2 areas for PVE?
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Or you can try pvp although its pretty slow in terms of xp gain.
  • AlphaCrucis
    AlphaCrucis
    ✭✭✭
    PvE areas don't scale, they are at set levels. So you being at a vet level & going back to your alliance areas & doing quests will give you no xp, it sort of is pointless in terms of trying to level but i would not put it off because you still get achievements for doing certain things.

I have realised though that you get xp towards your CP so you can still build on those

As for dungeons on normal & being a vet you will still earn xp but not as much if you were to do vet dungeons
    Australian, Aldmeri Dominion
    Altmer, Dragonknight (mag), Damage Dealer
    Brenton, Templar, Healer
    Bosmer, Nightblade (stam), Damage Dealer, PvP
    PS4, NA Server
    Guild Member Of: Brotherhood of Bogans
  • Yggdrasil_Gof
    Yggdrasil_Gof
    ✭✭✭
    Have you completed the main quest?
    If not do so because you'll be able to explore the rest of the world and do the other faction quests. These quests are leveled higher in two quests called Cadwell's Silver, and Cadwell's Gold. I'm In EP, but my character I completed the main story with is doing Cadwell's Silver, and has almost completed the DC storyline, (no prophet storyline though), dungeons, delves, etc.
    My character was VR1 when I started Cadwell's Silver and the wolves at the start of DC storyline were VR1. The enemies have got tougher and tougher, when I do Cadwell's Gold it will be the AD storyline hell knows how though the enemies will be.
    My recommendation is deal with the main story if you haven't already. If or when you have, go to the cave you visited the prophet. Talk to Cadwell, and he'll give you a quest and you will be teleported to a new land, with new adventures appropriate more appropriate to your level.
    If you want to play with friends in your original alliance are you can use any wayshrine you have already found to go back and too. Your friends could probably teleport to you too, but remember if their level is low they won't cope with a totally Veteran world.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    As stated above, quests & mobs in the current PvE zones do not scale to your level. However, you still get XP (and any associated achievements) for completing quests in low level areas. The experience you gain though will seem like a tiny drop in a very large bucket, though, because it will be the same amount of XP you would have gotten for completing the quest as a low level. You also do not get any XP for killing mobs more than five levels below you, so that will also prevent you from leveling up quickly.

When the Orsinium DLC is released, it will consist of a PvE zone that does scale to level (or rather, your character will scale up to the zones level), so you at least have that to look forward to.