Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to do Undaunted pledges if you already have a group?

ckrobinson83
ckrobinson83
✭✭✭✭
I have a group of folks that I play this game with once a week, and this week we are thinking of taking on one of the Undaunted pledges. I was wondering if people know how this works. Since we have 4 players already, we don't need a PUG (which, honestly is the main reason I don't get to do any of the cool dungeons -- finding a PUG isn't easy), and I'm wondering if all 4 of us sign up to do a dungeon, if we all get the same one or if it's random. If it's random, that'd be kinda useless to us unless one of us could get the quest and share it with all.

Thoughts?
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pledges change daily, but it's the same dungeon pledge for everyone who picks one up that day. So everyone who you're going to group with just goes to the Undaunted enclave, picks up the pledge(s) and then you go to the dungeon.

Edit: also, I don't think the pledge quest can be shared - I think everyone has to pick it up individually.
    Edited by UrQuan on October 19, 2015 6:51PM
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, easiest thing to do is find the undaunted in the starting city of your aliance. They will give you a quest and access to your first dungeon. You do not need to que for it, just tavel to the entrance with your group. You can also teleport straight in. Either select the instance in your map, or tp to a teammate already there.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • ckrobinson83
    ckrobinson83
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. I think the main thing I was worried about was that we'd all get DIFFERENT dungeons for that specific day, but since it seems that they give out the same one each day, that should solve the problem.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tink i missunderstood. Apologies
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Be sure to switch your group to normal if it's a normal pledge or vet for vet pledge. A lot of people forget to do that and since you're new to it, you might run the vet pledge set to normal which results in a silver key instead of a gold key.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

Edit: also, I don't think the pledge quest can be shared - I think everyone has to pick it up individually.

It can't, each member in the party has to pick up the pledge(s)

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwivur wrote: »
    Be sure to switch your group to normal if it's a normal pledge or vet for vet pledge. A lot of people forget to do that and since you're new to it, you might run the vet pledge set to normal which results in a silver key instead of a gold key.
    Oh yeah, good point... Several times I've ended up part way through a dungeon before we realized we were doing the vet version when we should have been doing the normal version, or vice versa :(
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • ckrobinson83
    ckrobinson83
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. Okay, so here is how I think the Vet vrs NonVet works:

If you're a vet, you'll get vet dungeons. If you're not, you won't.

Then you go to one or the other of the quest givers to get either a silver or gold quest for a dungeon. It seems, however, that I'm probably missing something...
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, unfortunately, that results in no key at all.

You only get a key for the pledge of the day, vet pledge is not the same dungeon as normal pledge, thus if you run the vet pledge in normal mode instead of vet by mistake, you get no key.

• Marrtha
    Marrtha
    ✭✭✭✭

Then you go to one or the other of the quest givers to get either a silver or gold quest for a dungeon. It seems, however, that I'm probably missing something...

Once you are vet you can either take the pledge for bronze/silver key or for silver/golden. Or both. In order to get the golden key as a reward, you have to do a special objective on veteran difficulty. Otherwise, you will be rewarded a silver key.

The difference between silver and bronze is in the number of bosses you kill in that dungeon, and that dungeon is usually on normal difficulty.

Every day the quests change, but everyone that day get the same dungeon to do. So if you are not veteran, you will be able to do the same dungeon for the pledge on normal difficulty with your friends.
    Use @Marrtha when replying!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marrtha wrote: »

Once you are vet you can either take the pledge for bronze/silver key or for silver/golden. Or both. In order to get the golden key as a reward, you have to do a special objective on veteran difficulty. Otherwise, you will be rewarded a silver key.

The difference between silver and bronze is in the number of bosses you kill in that dungeon, and that dungeon is usually on normal difficulty.

Every day the quests change, but everyone that day get the same dungeon to do. So if you are not veteran, you will be able to do the same dungeon for the pledge on normal difficulty with your friends.
    ^this

Also, when you're vet level (and so is the entire group - you don't have the option to do a vet dungeon if anyone in the group isn't vet level), make sure that in the group window the group leader has set the vet/normal setting correctly for the dungeon you're about to do. This is the pair of shields at the top of the window - it can only be changed by the group leader, and only while none of the group members are in a dungeon. If the vet pledge is Spindleclutch and you go and do the non-vet version of Spindleclutch, you will get no credit for the pledge, and the reverse is true for the non-vet pledge.

Oh, and if everyone is vet, there's no reason not to talk to both the Undaunted pledge-givers and do both the normal pledge and the vet pledge. Unless you guys don't have time to do both.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it was random wich pledge u would get it would be near impossible for anyone to find a group,
    Haven't u ever noticed when standin in the capital of your alliance all the "lfg gold/silver" spam in mapchat? They never say for wich dungeon
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Gold key" or "gold pledge" or "daily gold" is the abbreviation for "vet undaunted dungeon of the day" . They don't have to say which dungeon because everyone has the same (provided they've picked the pledge on the same day and don't have an old one in their journal).

"Silver key" or "silver pledge" or "daily silver" is the abbreviation for "non-vet undaunted dungeon of the day". Same applies here.

• ckrobinson83
    ckrobinson83
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huh. Great info guys. Thanks! I appreciate it.
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, if your doing for the first time, check Deltia's site out. It has some good guides for all vet delves. Worked out really handy for me when i started doing them.
  • Marrtha
    Marrtha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, if your doing for the first time, check Deltia's site out. It has some good guides for all vet delves. Worked out really handy for me when i started doing them.

Delves? What? ._. Delves have nothing to do with Undaunted pledges.
    Use @Marrtha when replying!
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone in the game gets the same pledges.
    However someone who haven't finished an old pledge can still do theirs and recieve the current day pledge after finishing the old one - or abandoning it and picking up the current days pledge.

Pledges:
    Normal setup of a group: 1 tank, 1 healer, 2 damage dealers.
    It can be done differently, but this is the traditional and noob-proof way of doing it. The tank slots taunts and aggros bosses, the healer keeps the group alive and the damage dealers kill stuff around. Usually the healer and the tank also slot skills to buff or manage resources for the group - such as Mystic Orbs, Repentance, Spear Shards, Siphon Sipirit, Elemental Drain.... so that the dps don't run low on resources and can kill faster.
  • ckrobinson83
    ckrobinson83
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm familiar with the normal group setup. For myself. my VR isn't all that great at, well, any of those roles. So finding a PUG is pretty much not going to happen. The dungeons that I do for the non-vet stuff is with the group that I normally play with. We did one recently and got Silver keys. I was under the impression that gold keys were only for vet pledges though -- is that correct? Because I didn't see a way to get a non-vet gold key. Of course, I've only done one of these things (although I'd love to do more. Bummer about that PUG thing for my VR toon...)
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm familiar with the normal group setup. For myself. my VR isn't all that great at, well, any of those roles. So finding a PUG is pretty much not going to happen. The dungeons that I do for the non-vet stuff is with the group that I normally play with. We did one recently and got Silver keys. I was under the impression that gold keys were only for vet pledges though -- is that correct? Because I didn't see a way to get a non-vet gold key. Of course, I've only done one of these things (although I'd love to do more. Bummer about that PUG thing for my VR toon...)
    Yes, veteran pledge is the only one that leads you to goldkey. You can get silver if you don't fullfill the last and optional objective, just like in non-veteran pledge you get a silver/bronze key, in vet pledge you get a gold/silver key.

In my opinion you should forget about your vet char for a while, if your non veteran utilizes you with more options for the time being. Try to focus on getting experience with pledges and dungeons with one char, and see if you succeed in lvl'ing it up to max with your friends.
    -The experiences you will get will provide you a lot of knowledge about the game and dungeon mechanics, specially if you hit vet ranks and do vet pledges with your friends. You can use that knowledge later, for building up your current vet char and giving it some strenght, in terms of equipment and skills.

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're in a good guild, you can often get a group together that's forgiving and helpful to those who may be struggling at some of the roles and/or mechanics. I know my guild does regular group events (which are usually pledges and other group dungeons, but are sometimes different things like Imperial City questing, or whatever), and a large part of the point of those is to help people get through content that they're having trouble with for one reason or another. That may be because they're having trouble finding a group, or it may be because they're struggling with their build.

So, while it's great that you've got a group that gets together to play once a week, and you can do pledges with them, for other days it might be helpful to find a good guild whose members will help you out with doing some vet dungeons.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • ckrobinson83
    ckrobinson83
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're in a good guild, you can often get a group together that's forgiving and helpful to those who may be struggling at some of the roles and/or mechanics. I know my guild does regular group events (which are usually pledges and other group dungeons, but are sometimes different things like Imperial City questing, or whatever), and a large part of the point of those is to help people get through content that they're having trouble with for one reason or another. That may be because they're having trouble finding a group, or it may be because they're struggling with their build.

So, while it's great that you've got a group that gets together to play once a week, and you can do pledges with them, for other days it might be helpful to find a good guild whose members will help you out with doing some vet dungeons.

Do you have any Guild recommendations? I'm only in one (Imperial Trader's), and they're a good group, but I use that for selling stuff off.

I've taken my vet into Imperial City with a couple of friends and even though we got flattened by the bosses and the roving mobs of (I'll put it politely, although I have other terms I'd like to use) other players, IC was a blast. I do like the dungeons, but my vet toon is one that I started back when I started the game a looong time ago. Other toons that I've recently started are a better build, and I'm more skilled at playing those, but that one vet is all I have for the moment. Our group of four is rising quickly though -- won't be long before we're vets, but as I said, we only play once a week as a group. We did the silver pledge on Monday and honestly while it was fun, it wasn't particularly hard for us.
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭

You only get a key for the pledge of the day, vet pledge is not the same dungeon as normal pledge, thus if you run the vet pledge in normal mode instead of vet by mistake, you get no key.

Wrong.. If the Vet pledge is WGT and your group can't complete it, you can run normal and receive the silver key. Try it
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrong.. If the Vet pledge is WGT and your group can't complete it, you can run normal and receive the silver key. Try it

Can anyone please confirm this ? Is this an exception behaviour for both IC dungeons ? Because it doesn't work like that with all other 4-man-dungeons / pledges.

• Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Can anyone please confirm this ? Is this an exception behaviour for both IC dungeons ? Because it doesn't work like that with all other 4-man-dungeons / pledges.

The new IC dungeons are an exception to the rule, yes.
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »

The new IC dungeons are an exception to the rule, yes.

I thought you could do this to all pledges now.. It seems like I've done it this way for CoA before.
    Edited by Kwivur on October 22, 2015 2:17PM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have any Guild recommendations? I'm only in one (Imperial Trader's), and they're a good group, but I use that for selling stuff off.

I've taken my vet into Imperial City with a couple of friends and even though we got flattened by the bosses and the roving mobs of (I'll put it politely, although I have other terms I'd like to use) other players, IC was a blast. I do like the dungeons, but my vet toon is one that I started back when I started the game a looong time ago. Other toons that I've recently started are a better build, and I'm more skilled at playing those, but that one vet is all I have for the moment. Our group of four is rising quickly though -- won't be long before we're vets, but as I said, we only play once a week as a group. We did the silver pledge on Monday and honestly while it was fun, it wasn't particularly hard for us.
    If you're on PC NA I can send you an invite to Lone Wolf Help later tonight if you let me know your in-game @ ID. We do group events, and also the main point of the guild is to have people helping other people with things that you can't necessarily do on your own (like group dungeons, or Imperial City), so even if there are no events going on it's usually not difficult to find some people in the guild who will run something with you.

If you're on another platform/server, then I don't know what guilds would be good for that type of thing, so I'd suggest checking out the guild recruitment forums to try to find one that seems to match that type of philosophy.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    @UrQuan .. I've been looking for guild like that. I have the hardest time getting my other guilds to do PvE content. If you don't mind, I'd like to be part of your guild. I run pledges every night and I can't remember the last time I ran a trial.
  • ckrobinson83
    ckrobinson83
    ✭✭✭✭
    @UrQuan I am indeed on the PC and I guess NA is North American server (which I am also on) Dunno how long I'll be on tonight -- but I can post what my in-game is once I get home from work. Thanks -- I appreciate it.
  • ckrobinson83
    ckrobinson83
    ✭✭✭✭
    @UrQuan -- turns out I have the same name there as here @ckrobinson83 . Thanks!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll send invites tonight :)

@Kwivur if your in-game user name isn't the same as your forum name, can you message it to me?
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)