Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Recomended heavy armour set...

AgentCrayon
Hello.

Can someone recommend a good heavy armour set for me please, either 3 or 5 piece.

- I am level 46 blacksmith and currently VR3.
- I have 7 traits on all heavy armour and 8 on cuirass, greaves and boots.
- I am a DK DPS/Tank.
- I currently use the Death Wind set.

Thanks
  • mgharris
    mgharris
    5 piece Whitestrake, 4 piece Deathwind.
  • AgentCrayon
    mgharris mgharris

5 piece Whitestrake, 4 piece Deathwind.

Thanks. Is a 4 piece Deathwind even better than the new sets you can buy with TV stones / Imperial city drops?
  • AlphaCrucis
    AlphaCrucis
    ✭✭✭
    5 piece Whitestrake, 4 piece Hist Bark
    Australian, Aldmeri Dominion
    Altmer, Dragonknight (mag), Damage Dealer
    Brenton, Templar, Healer
    Bosmer, Nightblade (stam), Damage Dealer, PvP
    PS4, NA Server
    Guild Member Of: Brotherhood of Bogans
  • AgentCrayon
    Whitestrake seems to be a popular one. Surprising as you only need 5 traits for that set
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 piece Whitestrakes and 3/4 piece Hist Bark; Bow to soften up from range and lay down AoE damage, then close and melee with S&B.

In PvE, my DK Tank build rolls over everything except solo dolmens with food/potions only needed for boss fights. I may not kill it fast, but I never die.

Dungeons I don't do much. PvP is a totally different ballgame and I don't know enough about what works there to say one way or the other.
  • BeansENG
    BeansENG
    Soul Shriven
    http://tamrieljournal.com/crafted-item-sets-eso/

This should give you a good idea on what armour to use according to your build and weaknesses,good guide with traits needed and effects of virtually all armour sets pre DLC.

im vet 8 and using Ashen Grip(love it even gives me an extra power without spending the skill point to breathe flame),just keep rebuilding it when i level up to appropriate level.Like NBrookus i take a while killing things,rarely die unless complacent and over confident lol.But unlike NBrookus...ive soloed quite a few dolmens but i think that may be more down to skills and build as i have serious trouble with mages(a couple of the skulls and crossbones have give me problems and the odd miniboss in solo pve)....working on that via champion points though.
    Hope this helps.

• BeansENG
    BeansENG
    Soul Shriven
    P.S
    using 5 piece Ashen grip,Helm,Cuirass,Girdle,Pants,Shield and 2 piece Akatosh Blessing, Neck,Gauntlets.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BeansENG wrote: »
    But unlike NBrookus...ive soloed quite a few dolmens but i think that may be more down to skills and build as i have serious trouble with mages(a couple of the skulls and crossbones have give me problems and the odd miniboss in solo pve)....working on that via champion points though.

It's very possibly your player skill and not just your choice of game skills. My reflexes are not very good and I have no real history of video game playing to fall back on. Certainly no one would call me an ace player.

I have trouble with mages, too; I target healers, then fire mages, then 2H is there's more than 2 or 3 NPCs left -- WB is annoying when you don't see it coming.

I recently respec'd to a tanky DK dual-wielding DPS, running 5 piece Savior's Hide because I wanted to play WW more -- unfortunately much of it is V9 and I'm a V13, but it's all I can find from this set. Then crafted 2 pieces Hunding's Rage greaves and cuirass plus weapons. I'm definitely squishier and relying on potions a lot more, but damage is way up. I have tons of Stamina with the Savior's Hide, and apparently I just have to spam Steel Tornado after I take out healers/mages. It's kinda boring and I still don't get to WW out much; I may switch back.
  • i3ig_Gun
    i3ig_Gun
    ✭✭✭
    Armor Master
    XBOX ONE - NA
    GT: i3ig Gun
    Legion of Many - Daggerfall Covenant
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hist bark is always a great go to. But you shouldn't worry that much until your up few ranks
  • Asmodan
    Asmodan
    I also play a DK and i use 2 different setups. As Tank i use 5xSong of Lamae (Bonus have changed with the latest patch, the Stats from the Link above are wrong, it gives now magic resistance, armor and health) and 4x Alessia's Bulwark with S&B. When i play solo PvE i go with 5x Hundings Rage and 3xNight Mother's Gaze (which have also changed, it gives now weapon crit and weapon damage) with 2h.
    Edited by Asmodan on October 21, 2015 8:58PM
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any set is good as long as you don't wear more than 2 body pieces of hvy...