Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A rant about my secondary-ultimate choice as a templar healer

Huxide
Huxide
✭✭
im using replenishing barrier as my main ulti, but idk which one i should choose for my secondary....... ice comet, remebrance or solar prison....

arguments for and against each ulti:
ice comet positives: tons of damage, a huge snare and knockback, best ulti for killing adds quickly.
ice comet negatives: requires alot of useful ultimate points that i could easily save a bit more to use for barrier.

remembrance positives: heals everyone without consuming my ulti and lets me regen a bit of magicka while channeling, the damage reduction helps everyone who's affects to not die, i can use it when tanking in 3DD groups to not get knocked back.
remembrance negatives: the range on it is short and the fact that i cant move both ruin it for mobile fights or fights in big rooms making it near useless in those cases.

solar prison positives: more damage resistance than rememrance and lasts longer which helps the tank (and sometimes the rest too) more, the synergy is really strong and also has a knockback. can be places from range so there's no need to get to get near the boss to use it like i should do if i would like to help someone with rememrance. has the same amount of ulti requirement as barrier (my main ulti) which makes it easy to just decide which ulti to use when i get enough ulti instead of trying to ask myself if i could wait for barrier without wasting the ulti gains at that moment.
solar prison negatives: requires alot of ulti to use, and the same "stationary" argument as for remembrance (aka it's near useless in mobile fights or in fights in big room due to people moving outside of the ulti).

typed here alot so hopefully someone responds and helps me out with this hard choice, even though as typed this i started leaning towards solar prison, but that movement thing is pretty annoying at the imp city dungeons and overall.
oh and mind that i wouldnt like to get the answer to switch to whatever i need before a fight, as i really dislike switching skills between fights and rather have one build.
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this for PvP or PvE? For PvE, I always keep meteor on my front bar (boosts magicka for bigger BoL or RD). The main ultimate that I actually use for most encounters is Solar Prison. The damage mitigation is great, and the DoT and synergy are also really strong. If you absolutely must run barrier, then Solar prison would be the next choice.

If it's for PvP, then I generally run nova or barrier and then a lower cost ultimate. I've been alternating between bats and empowering sweep for the back bar ultimate.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
  • Huxide
    Huxide
    ✭✭
    Daveheart wrote: »
    Is this for PvP or PvE?
    PvE
    Daveheart wrote: »
    I always keep meteor on my front bar (boosts magicka for bigger BoL or RD). The main ultimate that I actually use for most encounters is Solar Prison. The damage mitigation is great, and the DoT and synergy are also really strong. If you absolutely must run barrier, then Solar prison would be the next choice.
    I really like barrier because it gives me a safe time to heavy-attack, because of the magicka and ulti return and because it's really good for mobile fights, not a must but i dont see why anything else is better. and now that i think about it barrier is good for magicka regain and mobility while solar is for the same cost but it more stationary and powerful so i could choose at the moment i hit enough ulti to use either if im too stressed to go all-out with nova and burn a boss down....... thanks for igniting this realisation :D insightful'd :3
  • AlphaCrucis
    AlphaCrucis
    ✭✭✭
    For me personally when in group instances, I'll go solar prison on mobs & when on bosses I'll go remembrance. Oh & i purely heal
    Australian, Aldmeri Dominion
    Altmer, Dragonknight (mag), Damage Dealer
    Brenton, Templar, Healer
    Bosmer, Nightblade (stam), Damage Dealer, PvP
    PS4, NA Server
    Guild Member Of: Brotherhood of Bogans
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On my Templer healer I usually use solar prison and either crescent sweep or aggressive warhorn as my philosophy as healer is "Dead enemies can't hurt my group members".
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    In PvE : Solar Prison (for the mitigation, if needed) and Agressive Horn (for your DDs, to make quick jobs of big trashes or to end bosses)
    Shooting Star/Ice Comet if already one or two Horns for the max magicka.

Remembrance is close to useless in PvE now. You should forget it.
    Edited by Usara on October 20, 2015 11:08AM
    What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
    Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
    Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
    Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
    Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
    Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
    Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
    Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
    Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
    Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)