The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

FPS stutters/hiccups/mini freezes

PukeyFromSweden
Hi. I'll try to keep this as short as possible.

I've recently returned to ESO and can't remember if I had this issue before (but I think I have had)

The problem is in that having gtx970 and 5820k i7 I can run the game at stable 60 fps (with vsync) pretty much everywhere - towns, wilderness, dungeons, fights; however if i keep moving around and sometimes when engaging in combat, it will mini-freeze for about 0.3 to 1 second, dropping the fps down to about 45-55 and then instantly climb back to up 60. If i keep moving this happens every 30 seconds on average and more often in cities. If i turn vsync off i usually get about 70-100 fps and then it drops to 50-60 or something and then instantly back to 70-100.

This seems to happens when things load into the game as I move around in the world, so it seems like a loading issue. My game is located on the SSD though and there is plenty of space available.

GPU drivers also updated of course.

Lowering the settings does very little to nothing so I doubt it's that.

I have a similar issue in 2 other open world games I play but to a VERY LESSER extent - WoW and Skyrim. I would occassionally get the same stutters there but way way way less often and they are usually when i move in between zones, not just casually walking around.

I have feeling it's the game and not me.

Do you have the same issue? Have you got any ideas of how to solve it?

Kind regards
  • Baraz
    Baraz
    ✭✭✭
    I started having this issue with the Orsinium patch (Oct. 2015) : I have a slight lag every 5 feet I take. It's so subtle I can ignore it and play. Except when I try to picklock a chest, then the slight hiccups throws me off.

Might be due to my ping being between 110 and 180 on average or it's a CPU bottleneck (game was using 94% of the CPU tonight).

Anyhow, need to test more to be sure (have not played in a month or so and just came back).
    Options
  • Skorol007
    Skorol007
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same issue and it was due to one of the addons that show you your dps (i think it was recount). Try disabling any addons that give you dps/heal information (one by one until you find the culprit).

You don"t have to disable FTC.
    Options
  • ZOS_Alex
    ZOS_Alex
    ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

An ongoing discussion about this topic already exists. For the sake of keeping feedback consolidated, we are closing this thread and ask that you please continue the discussion here.

Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.