Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How can i make 10k gold fast?

prohunter654
So yeah I just got the xbox one edition of eso and I saw that horses cost 10,000 gold and I have trouble find gold. Is there any good farming spots for low levels or tips/tricks to it?
Thanks
Also sorry if this isn't were I should be posting this, i'm new to this.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Relax. ... You don't need a horse.

For that matter you can take riding lessons without a horse (I've done it), and just buy one later when you have the $$$
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

For that matter you can take riding lessons without a horse (I've done it), and just buy one later when you have the $$$

That's kinda funny :smiley:
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harvest raw mats and sell stacks of them in a guild store.
    PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 1600+
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow

***Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order***
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A good way to make money early is stealing. Green-colored treasures fence for 100 gold a piece and blue 250 a piece and you can fence up to 50 items a day without Legerdemain Passives active so with 2 characters you could make that 10k you need. My advice is seek a place with many containers and no guards.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's kinda funny :smiley:

Long story short, I had a character who started out afraid of horses (a role playing thing) so she wanted to learn to ride before getting one.

It worked.
    Edited by newtinmpls on October 14, 2015 8:57PM
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [ sharpens my blades ]

If i told you my secret I would have to kill you. I can make 10,000g in 2 hours.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stealing and fencing the stolen items is probably one of the more lucrative ways to get gold.
    Gathering mats from nodes and selling the Raw (unrefined ones) is good, too.
    Certain Alchemy plants are worth a bit, Columbine, Bugloss, Mountain Flower and Namira's Rot.

That said, a horse isn't a huge priority really. There's plenty of Wayshrines to use for free travel and you can also travel to anyone in your guild or friends list.

What will take you longer is the Riding Skill training to get the horse fast enough to really be worth it. Start that at a Stable ASAP.

Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Steal things from houses/shops/bank.

Take them to the outlaws refuge and sell them.

You can earn quite a bit quite quickly.

Quests, and selves can net quite a bit as well.

You'll get to 10k quite easilly.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Really, wow - I didn't know that, but then, I purchased the PC Imperial Edition and so was able to get a horse for 1 gold anyway. Also, they were mount feedings back then, so I guess you had to have a horse then.

But, I guess since it's now training for your character, you just learn on one of the horses at the stable. :smile:

To get quick cash, I agree that stealing is probably your best option with a low-level character. If you're in a guild, you can sell stuff to other players through the guild store.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can make 10K per hour just grinding mobs in my VR10 Public Dungeon. In my case, that's the Lion's Den in the Rift.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • prohunter654
    Awesome thanks for the advice guys!...now I just need to find the gold to lower my bounty... :)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome thanks for the advice guys!...now I just need to find the gold to lower my bounty... :)
    Your bounty deteriorates over time. Depending on how high a bounty you racked up getting that gold (next time try to steal more stealthily so that there are no witnesses - sometimes a witness is unavoidable, but whenever possible try to make sure you don't get seen), it might be gone by the next time you log in, or it might not. If it's not, adventure outside of towns for a while where there are no guards. If your bounty is really high and it's going to take forever to deteriorate down to nothing, then you might want to find the gold to pay it off...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just do quests, many of them offer decent gold you won't even realize how much you are earning until you check and are like "damn". also, try killing enemies especially bosses, they may drop gear whose sole purpose is to sell for a lot in stores.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • i3ig_Gun
    i3ig_Gun
    ✭✭✭
    Farm Iron, Jute, Maple and Enchanting Runes

Join a trading guild, sell it.

Its as easy as that.
    XBOX ONE - NA
    GT: i3ig Gun
    Legion of Many - Daggerfall Covenant
  • LeoTheBatiamigo
    Questing will get you to 10k really quick, just be patient and the money will come
    GamerRKO - PS4 - NA - EP
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quest, and then when your inventory is full just sell everything. Normally you want to be deconstructing gear drops but if you need gold fast just sell everything to vendor. You should be able to make 10k in a couple of hours. But as others have said; you don't need a horse, better to spend your gold on inventory upgrades to start with, that way it will take longer to fill your inventory and you can make more gold when you return to town :)
    PC | EU
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    the fastest way to make gold ingame is QUESTING
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the people saying questing is a good source of gold... OP just got the game and is therefore brand new. At low levels questing earns really very little gold. At vet levels, sure, it's a good source of gold. Doesn't take more than an hour or two to get 10K just questing and killing the mobs you run across. For someone just starting out it will take a loooooong time to get 10K just questing.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    To the people saying questing is a good source of gold... OP just got the game and is therefore brand new. At low levels questing earns really very little gold. At vet levels, sure, it's a good source of gold. Doesn't take more than an hour or two to get 10K just questing and killing the mobs you run across. For someone just starting out it will take a loooooong time to get 10K just questing.

It really doesn't take that long to earn 10k from the start by questing if you sell everything in your inventory when it's full. It would usually take a new player longer to earn gold because they would be deconstructing most of the gear.
    PC | EU
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It really doesn't take that long to earn 10k from the start by questing if you sell everything in your inventory when it's full. It would usually take a new player longer to earn gold because they would be deconstructing most of the gear.

So this "doesn't take long" does it mean you skip all the dialogue, don't look at the world, talk to the NPCs or do anything other than rush rush rush to the next thing?

Just not fun (for me).
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In order to increase your riding skills you have to have a mount. If you don't have a mount selected then it will not take you to the training window to increase speed/stam/baggage. It will display horses for sale. ( correct me if I am wrong )

Get a horse as soon as you can, and start working on the Riding Skills.

How?
    - Steal. I would travel to a higher level zone, and steal only things that are worth 100g or more. Why? In the beginning you can only fence 50 items a day.
    - Launder Recipes and Racial Motifs and then sell them in the zone ( or guild store which may take longer )
    - Know the value of colors. If you have something blue/purple/yellow then link it to zone chat and ask someone for a price check.
    -Grind your tush off. Grind till hit hurts and then sell everything you get.

You should have a horse in a day or two.

Final Note, always have an escape route just in case you get caught. I use to teleport outside of Daggerfalls across the river from the outlaw refuge. ( no guards to stop me )

If you get busted stealing, try to teleport to a friend or guild member ( its free ), then teleport to a safe location. If that is not an option then log off for a few minutes and wait for your bounty to expire.

Edited by vamp_emily on October 15, 2015 12:49PM

• Fissh
    Fissh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The time it took you to make this thread would have made you 10k....
    <X-Raided>
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can make 10K per hour just grinding mobs in my VR10 Public Dungeon. In my case, that's the Lion's Den in the Rift.

Sounds like a nice place. I may have to vacation there :smiley:

Is it better than Riften cats?
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As mentioned above, your bounty will go away on its own.

Make a few alt characters. Low levels work for stealing. When thet get caught get a bounty, hide to log out. Switch to another character. Bounties and fencing is character bound not account bound.
    Edited by myrrrorb14_ESO on October 15, 2015 1:13PM
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    In order to increase your riding skills you have to have a mount. If you don't have a mount selected then it will not take you to the training window to increase speed/stam/baggage. It will display horses for sale. ( correct me if I am wrong )

You are wrong, just tried it on my mule account alt that has no horses, he can access the training window.
    Edited by Belidos on October 15, 2015 2:08PM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In order to increase your riding skills you have to have a mount.

No you don't.

j3sgd6x.png

1Asndrq.png

Granted, you can't ride a horse quickly or store anything on your horse until you have one - but you can develop the skills before getting the horse (and skills are cheaper anyway).
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prabooo wrote: »
    the fastest way to make gold ingame is QUESTING

Wrong.
    Especially at lower level.
    Other advice given in this thread are much more efficient (farming raw mats, alchemy ingredients for sale in guild stores, stealing and fencing) and the correct way to go.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on October 15, 2015 8:13PM
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

OK spank me; I was wrong. I could have swore the last time I created a character I did not have my mount active and it took me to a screen that had only horses for sale for like 40,000G. The reason I remember was because I wanted the black horse :)

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK spank me; I was wrong. I could have swore the last time I created a character I did not have my mount active and it took me to a screen that had only horses for sale for like 40,000G. The reason I remember was because I wanted the black horse :)

You do go to the "buy a horse" screen first, but there is an icon you can hit (can't remember - I think one of the two has a horseshoe) that will flip you to the 'buy training' screen.

All that being said, I'm more than happy to spank you If my sweetie can watch <g>.
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess that was true with the old system when you had to train each mount and different mounts weren't purely cosmetic.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons