Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help me decide? Please.. 8)

kayPOW
kayPOW
✭✭✭
I want to make an Alt so I can play with friends who are filthy traitors AD. (I joke I joke!)

Help me decide which to go with, or don't, I'm not forcing anyone! I just need some help as I'm terrible at decision making! :)
  • Khajiit Nightblade Healer
  • Khajiit Nightblade DPS
  • High Elf Sorcerer Healer
  • High Elf Sorcerer DPS

I love all of the above, so really can't decide. I would love to just be a Khajiit Sorcerer, but I know I would be limited to what I could achieve choosing that option.

Current main is DPS DK Dunmer if that helps at all.

✨🫖 (This is my old Signature, but I can't bring myself to change it! I'm now mainly PC/EU Templar Khajiit and run the Insani-tea Party Guild.)🫖✨

Lestari / Dunmer / EP / Xbox One - kayPOW / EU
Dragonknight DPS - Magicka - Vampire // Bite : Available / On Cooldown //
Guild : [ADMIN] Charitable Crafting Co-op <- Everything is FREE NO CATCH!
I like to play games and drink tea. I sure love the T.
  • Mister_CT
    Mister_CT
    I do not think I would recommend a healer for those classes. I would be more focused on whether you want to be magica or stamina dps. The options I would recommend are a stam sorc or stam NB both of which should probably be a khajit over a high elf.
    VR4- Imperial Templar
  • kayPOW
    kayPOW
    ✭✭✭
    Mister_CT wrote: »
    I do not think I would recommend a healer for those classes. I would be more focused on whether you want to be magica or stamina dps. The options I would recommend are a stam sorc or stam NB both of which should probably be a khajit over a high elf.

So Khajiit can work as a Sorcerer? That would be perfect! My main issue was that I love Khajiit but also really want a Sorcerer and I already have an Elven character so didn't really want to go for High Elf.

Could you explain a little more, if you have time, I mean don't worry if it is too much trouble! ^w^

✨🫖 (This is my old Signature, but I can't bring myself to change it! I'm now mainly PC/EU Templar Khajiit and run the Insani-tea Party Guild.)🫖✨

Lestari / Dunmer / EP / Xbox One - kayPOW / EU
    Dragonknight DPS - Magicka - Vampire // Bite : Available / On Cooldown //
    Guild : [ADMIN] Charitable Crafting Co-op <- Everything is FREE NO CATCH!
    I like to play games and drink tea. I sure love the T.
  • AlphaCrucis
    AlphaCrucis
    ✭✭✭
    It's your alt character so if a Kajhiit sorcerer sounds appealing to you then try it out, if you don't like it try something different
    Australian, Aldmeri Dominion
    Altmer, Dragonknight (mag), Damage Dealer
    Brenton, Templar, Healer
    Bosmer, Nightblade (stam), Damage Dealer, PvP
    PS4, NA Server
    Guild Member Of: Brotherhood of Bogans
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    kayPOW wrote: »
    I do not think I would recommend a healer for those classes. I would be more focused on
    Could you explain a little more, if you have time, I mean don't worry if it is too much trouble! ^w^

The recommendation, I believe, is relating to the fact that Stamina Builds for either class will benefit from the Khajiit's Robust Constitution perk. This perk increases the combat regeneration of Health & Stamina.
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    High Elf DPS Sorc is probably the most fun you'll have
  • TheHereticMonk
    Altmer DPS/Healer Sorcerer = win!
    Magicka focused, Dual wield/resto staff.
    Edited by TheHereticMonk on October 22, 2015 9:37PM
    Never Knows Best!
    GT: TheHereticMonk
    Xbox EU AD DPS/Healer Sorcerer
    Guild Master: Charitable Crafting Co-op <- Everything crafted for FREE!
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kayPOW wrote: »
    Mister_CT wrote: »

So Khajiit can work as a Sorcerer? That would be perfect! My main issue was that I love Khajiit but also really want a Sorcerer and I already have an Elven character so didn't really want to go for High Elf.

The changes to the game's systems in the last couple of patches have been very favorable toward Khajiit Stamina Sorcs. If you like that race go for it. I will say this though, if you've never played a race with the stealthy trait (bosmer or khajiit) it is absolutely amazing when combined with the right set bonuses, medium armor, and nightblade. Thieving becomes super easy, particularly very early in the life of a Khajiit character (they get stealthy sooner). This is also very nice if you want to melee gank people. I have a friend who plays a very cool Khajiit Sorc fat tabby dude. He's been around since beta, and has always done pretty well. The patch has made him stronger though, no doubt about it.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • JOE_WILLIE
    High Elf DPS Sorc is not only the most fun but also so deadly even at a mid range level. Plus a Sorc has huge additional bonus over you DK in pvp with an escape plan of bolt.
    PC - NA - AD

Magicka Sorcerer
    Magicka Templar
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would recommend that you play what you enjoy first. Pure and simple...no matter how much of an "advantage" a race has over another...if you don't like the idea/design, you will probably not play it.

That being said, Elf has the best caster stats (think magicka). more damage and magicka regen. damage from elemental skills, and damage from destro staff. Magicka users dream.

Kajhit...well sounds like you already know kajhit. if you wants stamina build, they are simply the best choice. I prefer bosmer myself, mostly due to background and RP stuff, but pick yer poison!

either can do any of the builds you mentioned above, Though I'm also in the camp of avoiding healing unless you are dead set on it. They can do it, but its much more of an uphill climb with them as, say, a templar.

Oh, personally, I'm in support of NB DPS. I really enjoy mine. great combination of sneak, range, and melee skills. Just enough personal heals that you don't have to rely on Resto staff as your fixed backup weapon. and they have very cool stabbing sounds. stabby stabby meow.
    Edited by temjiu on November 10, 2015 2:04AM
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NB healers have always been a fun niche build. If you want easy mode, go sorc dps, but if you want to have something a bit different, try a NB healer. But if you want to min/max, I would not recommend khajiit.
    Edited by Draxys on November 10, 2015 2:30AM

rip decibel
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade healer is really viable.

Just select altmer instead of khajiit, since they have magicka regen and max magicka.

NB Healers can do lot of damage while healing, and when played right, hard to kill.

Khajiit is really good as stamina dps. One of the best race choice for it.
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.