Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
· [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667080
· PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 9, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667081

Are the in game races based on real world races?

• Yonkit
    Yonkit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Breton - France/Europe
    • Redguard - Arabic/Ottoman/Persian
    • Orc - ______________? :#
    • Nord - Vikings/Barbarian Tribes of the Roman Ages
    • Akaviri Humans - Japan/Asia
    • Argonian - Aztec/Natives
    • Dunmer - Eh... based on architecture and culture I'd say Ottomans or Ancient Russia.
    • Khajiit - Can't really say, architecture is quite unique and culture is also incredibly unique.
    • Bosmer - Korowai Tribes/African Tribes
    • Altmer - Can't say, their culture is kind of unique and the architecture is somewhat reminiscent of Romans.
    • Imperials - Roman/Italian, they're heavily based off Romans but their names as the games go on get more and more Italian-based.
    Edited by Yonkit on October 12, 2015 10:55PM
    Has an Alter Ego in the form of a very large quadrupedal black & white Bear.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In my opinion, yes. I'm not going to get into it properly due to the fact that the average person thinks they're merely theories and made-up sci-fi bs, etc.

All's I'm going to say is that if you look in the right places, you'll find that there has been a lot of suggestive-evidence and talk of races like the Khajiit, but they're called the "Kitkarai" or something like that. If you avoid the 'official' story told to you by mainstream science, history etc and look at Ancient Egypt with an open mind, you'll see so many cat-like humanoid statues and hieroglyphs which mainstream say "Oh they just wore cat masks and stuff don't worry." and other nonsense, have actually been around but the suppression of our true history is there for a reason, and I don't need to go into why, those occult's and secret societies aren't around for nothing.

Many different kind of Elves exist, if not on this planet in a higher density, then on one/some of the billions of Earth-like planets out there.

Argonians? typical Reptilian race representation. I'm sure you've heard your fair share of Shape-shifting Reptilians from conspiracy theorists but there's actually a deep truth to that, believe it or not.

The list goes on and on really. Look at multiple lore sources even dating WAYYY back, and all the movies/games today, like the whole LoTR lore, WoW lore, Elder Scrolls Lore.. it's not all coincidence or just made-up at random by somebody with a great imagination, no.. there's truth to a lot of things we perceive to be just fantasy.

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence."

Well said.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• ArrerBoy
    ArrerBoy
    ✭✭✭
    Yonkit wrote: »
    • Orc - ______________? :#
    Mongol fac4ceecace953de6e62924582a32975.jpg
    See the similarities?
    • Dunmer - Eh... based on architecture and culture I'd say Ottomans or Ancient Russia.
    More Chinese/Filipino with the Ancestor worship, filial piety, and crazy wavy swords.
    • Khajiit - Can't really say, architecture is quite unique and culture is also incredibly unique.
    Indian and a mix of various South East Asian cultures.
  • Glorious_One
    Glorious_One
    ✭✭✭
    Gothlander wrote: »
    I was thinking about this and it actually does seem to be that way. Does anyone else see this?

Kind of, alot of inspiration is from real world races, but I dont think one specific race represents an actual race in real life. I am fairly sure certain aspects of certain races are inspired by the real world. Like how the wood elves are short and dont eat vegetables exactly how Mexicans are in the real world.

B)
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'd rather say Chinese, a lot of their buildings are very Chinese, and at least one of the ships in the Davon's Watch harbour is a spitting image of a Chinese Junk