The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please please please (!!!) fix the stuck in combat bug.

Cathexis
Cathexis
✭✭✭✭✭
Not sure if this is still in the PTS but in the current patch I now get stuck in combat for 5+ minutes sometimes, especially in cyrodiil.

Please fix this long overdue bug, or remove combat status limitations entirely.

It makes no sense that because I'm in combat my character somehow forgets how to use doors or open things and it is really annoying that my mount refuses to return to this dimension because danger approaches. It's like yoshi at a ghost house with him I swear.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 10, 2023 4:48PM
The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
Praise Malacath.
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That bug has been here since beta and absolutely will not be fixed since we have complained about it since release and they never even attempted to fix it as far as i'm concerned.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orchish wrote: »
    That bug has been here since beta and absolutely will not be fixed since we have complained about it since release and they never even attempted to fix it as far as i'm concerned.

It's just it got worse this patch to such a point where I have run between 3+ keep battles without dropping combat.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Levo18
    Levo18
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah everytime i want to get on my mount and i cant because im obviously in combat fighting shadows i want to throw my controller at the damn tv
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Levo18 wrote: »
    Yeah everytime i want to get on my mount and i cant because im obviously in combat fighting shadows i want to throw my controller at the damn tv

Every time I (and 2-3 group members) show up to keep battles and the group is dead...
    Praise Malacath.
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup it's still going on, ZOS please either fix it or make it that it isn't an issue when trying to mount or use doors and such..

Oh yeah it's on my List of things that ZOS needs to fix in my Signature..
    Edited by whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO on October 9, 2015 9:49PM
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its long overdue a fix. ZOS please put some resources into this.
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found a fairly solid work around to fix this.

When i have a long run ahead of me but i cant mount, all i need to do is pick up my laptop and listen to some calm relaxing music to ease my frustration. Rinse repeat until im out of combat, set down my laptop, start playing again.

Works every time.

Oh, this workaround works great for the usually long loading screens too!
    Edited by FireCowCommando on October 10, 2015 8:22AM
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When i have a long run ahead of me but i cant mount, all i need to do is pick up my laptop and listen to some calm relaxing music to ease my frustration. Rinse repeat until im out of combat, set down my laptop, start playing again.

Works every time.

I just visit this forum every time I have to wait..wait..wait..
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Kaliki
    Kaliki
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hasn't this recently been confirmed to be working as intended (if you have been healing, at least)?
    Its still annoying and takes away fun, so I don't know how it can be intended.
    - Templars: Slower by Design® -
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS knows about it, @ZOS_BrianWheeler even ran into it during a Live Stream The Devs Play session.. but no word on them even looking into the issue.

It's probably the most hated bug by the player base, but that doesn't seem to matter for ZOS.
  • Angarato
    Angarato
    ✭✭✭
    while im typing this im sitting in the middle of nowhere. havent been in a fight for the last 5 minutes.. still in combat.
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hrothbern wrote: »

Works every time.

I just visit this forum every time I have to wait..wait..wait..

Wow. You must spend a lot of time here...
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most annoying Bug in ESO History.
    Leaving a reply here, so Maybe, MAYBE devs will see this and get rid of it.
    People please Spam this Thread and keep it up forever(or until fixed, wont say which feels more likely).
  • Riga_Mortis
    Riga_Mortis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix the glitch or give me a refund on the mounts I can't use ZOS.
    XBOX 1X
    GT - TAGNUTZ
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They won't ever fix it. But they could at least create some workaround. Something like being able to mount if you didn't take any damage for 10 seconds.
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xiana wrote: »
    They won't ever fix it. But they could at least create some workaround. Something like being able to mount if you didn't take any damage for 10 seconds.

Yea that's a great idea
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea that's a great idea

Or just remove combat limitations in general like allow mounting at any time.
    Praise Malacath.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea that's a great idea

Praise Malacath.
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »

Yea that's a great idea

But this allows players in a battle to run away! Oh wait, who cares he won't get away anyway :blush:
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried playing without Quick Cloak or Retreating Maneuver on my Templar... quickly caved in and put them back. Class is pretty much unplayable without some speed spell, since you won't be using that shiny Crown Store Bought horse any time soon!
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When reporting this bug Gina wrote this to me:

The bug for dying and reviving while still being in combat is known, but healing and being stuck in combat is working as intended.
    Edited by Xantaria on October 15, 2015 8:46AM
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most *** bug ever. it's especially bad with Rally. So many times I have to run from one keep to another because of it.
    But ZoS has no clue on how to fix it I guess.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »
    Most *** bug ever. it's especially bad with Rally. So many times I have to run from one keep to another because of it.
    But ZoS has no clue on how to fix it I guess.

Intended! :')

no broken no fix

• TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I don't think they know how. It's been there since alpha.
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry guys, ZOS coders are stuck in combat and can't mount their cars to work. That is the true reason all these bugs have persisted. Let us all hold a moment of silence in honor of the ordeal of their daily commute. :cry:
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Sorry guys, ZOS coders are stuck in combat and can't mount their cars to work. That is the true reason all these bugs have persisted. Let us all hold a moment of silence in honor of the ordeal of their daily commute. :cry:

They could at least visit the forums until they're out of combat.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xantaria wrote: »
    When reporting this bug Gina wrote this to me:

The bug for dying and reviving while still being in combat is known, but healing and being stuck in combat is working as intended.

Is she Fricken' serious... OMG......
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kaliki wrote: »
    Hasn't this recently been confirmed to be working as intended (if you have been healing, at least)?

It was an interesting theory put forward by ZOS, that you may have healed a person who is still in combat, but completely inaccurate because ... the bug rarely happens to healers! It happens pretty much 100% of the the time to stamina builds that run Rally, though. It also happens in PvE. There is a trash mob right before Blood Spawn (or is it right before Praxin?) in Spindleclutch where the one NPC gets caught in the ceiling and cannot be killed. If you have Rally up when this happens, you will stay in combat and cannot open a door at end of dungeon. You have to go into sneak for a minute or so and just wait it out. Meanwhile, the healer has long since gone through that door because he was not in combat.

The bug seems to be that if you have Rally up (and maybe other skills, too, but Rally seems to be the main culprit) at the moment when you should have left combat, you do not leave combat. And then the in-combat/out-of-combat status seems to get bugged. You end up in combat until some kind of multiple minute cooldown passes by.
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Kaliki wrote: »

It was an interesting theory put forward by ZOS, that you may have healed a person who is still in combat, but completely inaccurate because ... the bug rarely happens to healers! It happens pretty much 100% of the the time to stamina builds that run Rally, though. It also happens in PvE. There is a trash mob right before Blood Spawn (or is it right before Praxin?) in Spindleclutch where the one NPC gets caught in the ceiling and cannot be killed. If you have Rally up when this happens, you will stay in combat and cannot open a door at end of dungeon. You have to go into sneak for a minute or so and just wait it out. Meanwhile, the healer has long since gone through that door because he was not in combat.

The bug seems to be that if you have Rally up (and maybe other skills, too, but Rally seems to be the main culprit) at the moment when you should have left combat, you do not leave combat. And then the in-combat/out-of-combat status seems to get bugged. You end up in combat until some kind of multiple minute cooldown passes by.

It's the Healing over time component that causes this. Healers using Mutagene have the exact same issues.

• Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xantaria wrote: »
    It's the Healing over time component that causes this. Healers using Mutagene have the exact same issues.

HoTs are a large part of it, but not the only cause I think. Pretty sure I've had the issue when I hadn't used any HoT type heal the last couple of minutes (including Rally, Vigor, Mutagen and the likes)

I've also had it persist over deaths.. ie trying to turn in the Cyro quest after being killed and unable to switch to Training gear because of being in-combat. That one certainly is a bug!

Anyway think the entire playerbase pretty much agrees that it's a horrible problem.. bug or feature..
    Edited by Docmandu on October 16, 2015 10:50AM
This discussion has been closed.