Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 16, 18:00 UTC (2:00PM EDT) - 20:00 UTC (4:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667442

DLC Advantage?

SolsticeOfWar
Hello, I was wondering if the current DLCs or upcoming DLCs will give buyers an advantage over others who don't buy. For example WoW basically forces you to purchase their DLC if you want to get to the highest level. Besides new content and weapons/armor, does ESO DLCs give any advantage over other players? Thanks.
Edited by SolsticeOfWar on October 6, 2015 12:27AM
  • SolsticeOfWar
    Does ESO DLCs give any advantages over other players*
    Hate that you cant edit your posts.
  • LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope it won't.

Btw, you an edit ur posts, it's just further up on the page. Next to the title of your thread if I'm not mistaken.
    CP capped.

EP - Nord - Eystein Blodsbringar - Tristat DK Tank
    EP - Nord - Eyjolf Blodsbringar - Stamina NB PvPer
    EP - Argonian - Tired-Of-Cats - Magicka Sorc PvPer
    EP - Khajit - Cutepaws - Banker
    EP - Redguard - Jathod Trearan - Stamina DK DD
    EP - Redgaurd - Dhenus Okzhat-Si - Stamina Sorcerer DD (vMSA toon, 569K)
    EP - Altmer - Haqsin - Magicka Sorc DD
    EP - Altmer - Minia Feaine - Templar Healer

+ about 20 deleted alts

GM of Pact Veteran Trade (Craglorn), Traders of the Ebonheart (Mournhold), Pact Veteran Trade II (Mournhold)

All part of the "Akatosh Imperium".

Want competitive Cyrodiil? Support THIS thread.

Me soloing Veteran Elden Hollow and AA: HERE
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There were advantages in IC DLC, (v15-16 glyphs, potion waters, access to v16 crafting materials, equipment, increased exp from kills) and I imagine there will be advantages in Orsinium like gathering nodes that scale to character crafting ability.. just from a quick glance at the DLC info.

And to edit your posts click the gear icon in the top right corner of your message.
    love is love
  • SolsticeOfWar
    But you can get your hands on the crafting material without the DLC, right? And you can still reach the highest lvl & VR right? But that does suck that you can only get VR16 materials from IC. Really disappointing.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep, the highest content will be behind expansion packs, like all other MMOs. The subscription is optional, but if you want to enjoy all the new content they work hard to produce then you'll have to spend something every six months or so. It's nice that we can tailor that as free players though. I'll be buying Orsinium for the new exploration area but have no interest in The Imperial City.
  • LoreRiley
    LoreRiley
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only for dungeon sets I would Imagine as everything else could be sold in guild traders
  • SolsticeOfWar
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    Yep, the highest content will be behind expansion packs, like all other MMOs. The subscription is optional, but if you want to enjoy all the new content they work hard to produce then you'll have to spend something every six months or so. It's nice that we can tailor that as free players though. I'll be buying Orsinium for the new exploration area but have no interest in The Imperial City.

I'm not worried about content, I'm worried about paywalls like WoW. The one thing I really care about is getting to the highest level/rank on a character and gearing him out. WoW made that impossible by constantly releasing DLC that expanded the max level. That plus the subscription killed the game for me.
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »

I'm not worried about content, I'm worried about paywalls like WoW. The one thing I really care about is getting to the highest level/rank on a character and gearing him out. WoW made that impossible by constantly releasing DLC that expanded the max level. That plus the subscription killed the game for me.

Lucky for you there is no mandatory subscription for ESO. This is an mmo however. They have to release new content, and that content will cost. You will need to purchase the new content and gear out your character again with each new dlc. If they did not do this, you would reach max level, achieve the best gear, and move on to another game. Would defeat the purpose of creating an ever evolving persistent world that people could enjoy for years.
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The highest crafting materials will be in Cyrodill. Other then enchanting probably because my mail delivery guy doesn't even give me those....
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The highest crafting materials will be in Cyrodill. Other then enchanting probably because my mail delivery guy doesn't even give me those....

Atm maybe BUT the new DLC will scale to your level and so will the crafting nodes, so the VR16 mats will be available outside of Cyrodiil ........

Or to be more accurate outside of the IC content as VR16 mats are only available with IC content atm. :)

Edit:- well other than guild stores.

Edited by freespirit on October 6, 2015 1:16AM
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • SolsticeOfWar
    I guess its a matter of commitment then. I committed to WoW and still heavily regretted it. Guess I will get to Level 50 VR 15 or 16 before I make my choice.
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »

Atm maybe BUT the new DLC will scale to your level and so will the crafting nodes, so the VR16 mats will be available outside of Cyrodiil ........

Or to be more accurate outside of the IC content as VR16 mats are only available with IC content atm. :)

Edit:- well other than guild stores.

I meant like you don't need the new DLC to get those mats...
    With the new update Cyrodiil will have scaling nodes.
    Edited by SleepyTroll on October 6, 2015 1:19AM
  • Bloodgharm
    Bloodgharm
    ✭✭✭
    They've mentioned that the level cap won't increase with the Orsinium DLC. You can reach V16 without buying IC or Orsinium; it's just the high end gear you'll be missing out on. I didn't get IC, but I'll be buying Orsinium. Even though I swore off weekly scheduled endgame content (vet dungeons and raids) after quitting Destiny, the lore and single player content with this DLC will keep me entertained quite a bit.