The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The "Differently Geared" Episode 13 - #Learning (New Episode!)

Shimmer
Shimmer
✭✭✭✭✭
(I am taking someones suggestion and making this a Mega Thread for the whole series. :) )

Prefer cosmetic items to ones that actually grant armor? Do you loot during combat? Do people frequently leave your voip channel when you join? Do you frequently AFK during raids? Do you have absolutely no idea how to play your class? Perhaps you are one of the "Differently Geared".

What could possibly go wrong with a husband and wife, some siblings, and some close family friends when they play a game together? The "Differently Geared" shows you.

"Differently Geared": /noun/ a politically correct phrase used to describe a group of individuals who are challenged in completing group content to obtain end game gear.

Enjoy!

The "Differently Geared" Episode 13 - #Learning
https://youtu.be/DQ5gTbKxuvM

Very Merry Differently Geared Holiday Album
https://youtu.be/YOIOQeKcWyk

Episode 12 - First Times
https://youtu.be/dHjU5Xx6aBY

Episode 11 - Cry of the Fallen
https://youtu.be/702tvQdDX3U

Episode 10 - The Outtakes
https://youtu.be/sdg6l2dzON8

Episode 9 - Resource Management
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXJKp9rpf5I

Episode 8 - Epic Troll Fail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCLdrA9chwU

Episode 7 - Pro Tanking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBdLKLjToSI

Episode 6 - Ultimate Fails
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPoKRwRlgpk&feature=youtu.be

Episode 5 - 'Splainin' Mechanics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKi-tpKSI4Y

Episode 4 - Terrain Challenged
https://youtu.be/GZGVtD6kdS4

Episode 3 - A.D.D.O.S
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRR7jLhUI-k

Episode 2 - Face Pulling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zurn90p71E

Episode 1 - Standing In Stupid
http://youtu.be/_1Fr5OwWsbQ
Edited by Shimmer on January 27, 2019 10:02PM
YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha, was nice to watch. Seems like a lot of fun in contrast to those elitist parties screaming "Noob" and "omg l2p u suk". If you're having this much fun playing ESO, then you're doing it right
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL!!

Darkshade Caverns pull = priceless <3
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just blame steve by default. :)
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which steve?? There are two! o.0

• Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We have two..i'm good with that!
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait for the PvP edition.
    Edited by Armitas on October 4, 2015 10:42AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lmao...again.

Great job, guys. OMG when I saw the Dwemer army I just knew what was coming and then...Caltrops!
    Beautiful.

Now what did we learn?

Nothing

Ty once again for the belly laugh!
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • GCVDJ11T
    GCVDJ11T
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whooo hoooo!

We have links of your videos on our guild website. Steve/Don just say YOLO when you do the thing that you weren't suppose to do... Hahahaha!!!

Just so you know we now call peeps that stand in red in our guild "Jim"! Last night when I died from three stacked red circles in VWGT that I didn't roll out of my healer said "Jim roll dodge works on those circles you know"

Jim is famous!!!

Keep these coming please!!!
  • jnjdun_ESO
    jnjdun_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    LOL Nice video.

But what happened to Jim?
    Giggle Purrz'Pantz Khajiit Templar
    Fuzzy Jenna'Tullz Khajiit DK
    Eileen U'Lickette Bosmer Sorc
    Ginny Fleasly Khajiit NB
    Jenny Tull'Whortz Bosmer baby NB
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot to add... the zombie t
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Haha, was nice to watch. Seems like a lot of fun in contrast to those elitist parties screaming "Noob" and "omg l2p u suk". If you're having this much fun playing ESO, then you're doing it right

Well without putting too fine a point on it -- that is the point of the videos... to have fun in group content, even the face of problems with the content, mistakes you can make, and so on. It gets rather old to see people repeating ad nauseum how people who yell at you in runs are "elitists." I can tell you having been in a couple top ranked guilds in this game, we do the same thing: have fun with each other and joke around and yell. The "definition" of "elitist" is not synonymous with a$$hat-who-yells-at-noobs, that is just... someone being an a$$hat.

Hopefully people seeing these things are to be taken for fun would attract more teams to try and tackle some of the content they would not otherwise consider.
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jnjdun_ESO wrote: »
    LOL Nice video.

But what happened to Jim?

Jim is the star of episode 3 :) Coming soon (tm)

•  HollyQ502
    I was expecting more Jim, but Steve did not disappoint. Very nice job. On the video that is.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So funny! Everyone should have more fun when making mistakes!
  • GCVDJ11T
    GCVDJ11T
    ✭✭✭✭
    So my healer just watched and said that poor pig! I missed the lock chest pig!!!

OMG guys we love this!
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beware "The Thing"! It'll get you every time!

These are so much fun to watch. Keep 'em coming.
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe make a new topic: The differently geared "Series".
    You could add all the new episodes to the first post by using the "edit" button.

Would save people who like the series the trouble of following multiple (new) topics just to stay up to date.

Anyway, keep up the good work.
    Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    too funny
    thanks for sharing
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • aidenmoore
    aidenmoore
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love these. Watched the previous one too. They are hilarious. Is this going to be a series? I hope it does!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Gorrag gro-Gar - Dragonknight ( Vehemence )
    YT : Gorrag gro-Gar
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aidenmoore wrote: »
    I love these. Watched the previous one too. They are hilarious. Is this going to be a series? I hope it does!

Yes it is :)

• MudcrabsRus
    MudcrabsRus
    ✭✭✭
    (2.10) what the actual f :smiley:
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much fun to watch!

Nice to see people enjoying themselves in game ;)

Can't wait for the next one!
    PC NA
    Characters formally known as Veteran 16:
    Wldkarde, Sir WldKarde , Lil-Miss WldKarde,
    Dame WldKarde Stamplar "Master Angler" "Main" ,
    Shady WldKarde, WldKarde"s Bacon, Jaded WldKarde,
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulshine wrote: »

Well without putting too fine a point on it -- that is the point of the videos... to have fun in group content, even the face of problems with the content, mistakes you can make, and so on. It gets rather old to see people repeating ad nauseum how people who yell at you in runs are "elitists." I can tell you having been in a couple top ranked guilds in this game, we do the same thing: have fun with each other and joke around and yell. The "definition" of "elitist" is not synonymous with a$$hat-who-yells-at-noobs, that is just... someone being an a$$hat.

Hopefully people seeing these things are to be taken for fun would attract more teams to try and tackle some of the content they would not otherwise consider.

I think the term "elitist" gets thrown around more in a PUG environment, not among a group of colleagues who are familiar with each others playstyle. At least, I've yet to be in a guild where my guild mate yelled at me for being "elitist".

Also, sometimes a group wants to run content that they've run hundreds of times before, so they most likely will want to run it in the fastest time possible. Sadly, this means that the slower and less skilled members may be called out for causing lapses in their run.

That being said, I've always believed if you are trying to do a run at optimal speed, you should do it with like-minded players mainly from your guild, not forming a random group and hoping for the best. PUGs tend to be random anyway, so success is never guaranteed.

But I digress. Great video series :)
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So how do we join the "Differently Geared" guild? Sounds like just the group for my wife and I because we have both done everything in the videos :)
  • krees28b14_ESO
    krees28b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    So how do we join the "Differently Geared" guild? Sounds like just the group for my wife and I because we have both done everything in the videos :)

If it makes you feel any better I think everyone has done all the things in both of these videos. We all may not admit to it so we can keep our epic leetness in tact but we all have done things like this at some point. But, I think these guys would be fun to run stuff with.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That last part tho.

"It did the THING. I was caught in the THING. The THIIIAAAANG."

About died right there.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    Soulshine wrote: »

I think the term "elitist" gets thrown around more in a PUG environment, not among a group of colleagues who are familiar with each others playstyle. At least, I've yet to be in a guild where my guild mate yelled at me for being "elitist".

Also, sometimes a group wants to run content that they've run hundreds of times before, so they most likely will want to run it in the fastest time possible. Sadly, this means that the slower and less skilled members may be called out for causing lapses in their run.

That being said, I've always believed if you are trying to do a run at optimal speed, you should do it with like-minded players mainly from your guild, not forming a random group and hoping for the best. PUGs tend to be random anyway, so success is never guaranteed.

But I digress. Great video series :)

Well aware of what happens in PuGs. Done many of them.

Just glad that someone thought to post these, rather than the usual type of videos we see from the game.
  • SoulAffliction
    SoulAffliction
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely awesome!!! Keep the vids rolling!
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    That last part tho.

"It did the THING. I was caught in the THING. The THIIIAAAANG."

About died right there.

Now that you've seen The Thing, you will know what to expect. :)

• Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    Lmao...again.

Great job, guys. OMG when I saw the Dwemer army I just knew what was coming and then...Caltrops!
    Beautiful.

Now what did we learn?

Nothing

Ty once again for the belly laugh!

We were running with a couple that had never done the fight. We convinced them that you had to do it that way, lol. Caltrops FTW!