Maintenance for the week of May 17:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – May 18, 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC) - 5:00PM EDT (21:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/574251/
The Blackwood Chapter and Update 30 are now available for testing on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts/

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase: October 2nd, 2015"

  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *stares at Crown Store expectantly*

    tumblr_n7qqfjZb2h1tbk9nfo1_400.jpg
    Ebonheart Pact
    All PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 930
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Saryn Duskbringer - Altmer Vampire Sorcerer - Destro and Resto Staves
    Valmion Hlaalu - Dunmer Templar Healer - Resto and Destroy Staves
    Solus Lighthawke - Altmer DK Tank- Sword n' Board and Greatsword
    Stitches-for-Riches - Argonian Templar Healer- Resto
    Ashiran Zahuluu - Dunmer Stam Sorc - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Kivian Nightshade - Altmer Magicka NB - Destro/Resto Staves
    Daggerfall Covenant
    S'rala Sugar Claws - Khajiit Stamina Sorc - Dual Wield and Greatsword

    Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheValkyn In just a couple hours! We'll post an update as soon as it's live.

    @ZOS_JasonLeavey I see it up on the Crown Store now. Thanks.
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Crown Store has been updated!
    Edited by ZOS_JasonLeavey on October 8, 2015 3:57PM
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • Skcarkden
    Skcarkden
    ✭✭✭✭

    @ZOS_JasonLeavey

    Is there any actual reason for why Mind Shriven Horse and Daedrat are being removed from the store? I really don't follow the logic in removing content.
  • Marrtha
    Marrtha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skcarkden wrote: »
    @ZOS_JasonLeavey

    Is there any actual reason for why Mind Shriven Horse and Daedrat are being removed from the store? I really don't follow the logic in removing content.

    Then you are not thinking like a businessman does.
    Use @Marrtha when replying!
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Skcarkden We try and keep the Crown Store updated with our newest offerings, and this involves removing some content that may be limited time only. We'll always try to give as much notice as we can when preparing to take items off of the store. While some Imperial City-themed items will be removed on November 2, we will be adding new items that correspond with the release of the Orsinium DLC game pack--which you can take a peek at on the DLC page.
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • Skcarkden
    Skcarkden
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JasonLeavey So, i'm guessing this won't ever change? I mean... I haven't been able to play ever since IC came out yet, I really wanna get my pet Daedrat because it's a freaking Daedrat!! :o But i'm still patching on my PS4 >.< I just.. to me personally, i always just thought a store page would be better with variety, not a few items to get some sales.

    That, and now this makes me wonder how many other items have been on the store while it was PC only that i missed out. Having waited for the console release, i know i already missed several things that other console users have because of transfers. even that subscription program content.

    Is there a list anywhere of past items, or even a chance they will ever make a comeback in future?

    PS: Sorry for the wall of text.
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skcarkden wrote: »
    @ZOS_JasonLeavey So, i'm guessing this won't ever change? I mean... I haven't been able to play ever since IC came out yet, I really wanna get my pet Daedrat because it's a freaking Daedrat!! :o But i'm still patching on my PS4 >.< I just.. to me personally, i always just thought a store page would be better with variety, not a few items to get some sales.

    That, and now this makes me wonder how many other items have been on the store while it was PC only that i missed out. Having waited for the console release, i know i already missed several things that other console users have because of transfers. even that subscription program content.

    Is there a list anywhere of past items, or even a chance they will ever make a comeback in future?

    PS: Sorry for the wall of text.

    I believe the only item that was available on the Crown Store while the game was unreleased for the consoles is the Ice Horse which will probably (my guess) return at some point down the line.

    Honestly, bringing up the loyalty program rewards is a pretty poor way to illustrate the point you're trying to communicate. You very well could have subscribed and paid all the money that we did (essentially $45USD for a pet) then transferred over to consoles. That offer was mentioned on May 8th, 2014. It was solely your decision to pass that up so you should not get those items. You did not contribute financially towards the early post-launch development of ESO so therefore you do not deserve anything. Also, if you didn't get these items on console simply because you did not transfer your account then that again is your fault. Don't even try to make it seem like it isn't.

  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    TheValkyn wrote: »
    Skcarkden wrote: »
    Is there a list anywhere of past items, or even a chance they will ever make a comeback in future?
    I believe the only item that was available on the Crown Store while the game was unreleased for the consoles is the Ice Horse which will probably (my guess) return at some point down the line.

    Don't forget about the Senche-Leopard and the Black Senche-Leopard. And maybe some other horses and pets, but I'm not sure about the time they were removed from the store.
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

    PC EU
  • Skcarkden
    Skcarkden
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheValkyn wrote: »
    Skcarkden wrote: »
    @ZOS_JasonLeavey So, i'm guessing this won't ever change? I mean... I haven't been able to play ever since IC came out yet, I really wanna get my pet Daedrat because it's a freaking Daedrat!! :o But i'm still patching on my PS4 >.< I just.. to me personally, i always just thought a store page would be better with variety, not a few items to get some sales.

    That, and now this makes me wonder how many other items have been on the store while it was PC only that i missed out. Having waited for the console release, i know i already missed several things that other console users have because of transfers. even that subscription program content.

    Is there a list anywhere of past items, or even a chance they will ever make a comeback in future?

    PS: Sorry for the wall of text.

    I believe the only item that was available on the Crown Store while the game was unreleased for the consoles is the Ice Horse which will probably (my guess) return at some point down the line.

    Honestly, bringing up the loyalty program rewards is a pretty poor way to illustrate the point you're trying to communicate. You very well could have subscribed and paid all the money that we did (essentially $45USD for a pet) then transferred over to consoles. That offer was mentioned on May 8th, 2014. It was solely your decision to pass that up so you should not get those items. You did not contribute financially towards the early post-launch development of ESO so therefore you do not deserve anything. Also, if you didn't get these items on console simply because you did not transfer your account then that again is your fault. Don't even try to make it seem like it isn't.

    @TheValkyn LOL. So if i wanted to only play on the console version i should then also buy the PC version, subscribe when my PC at the time could not run it. just so i can get content that is now discontinued for NO reason what-so-ever?

    Let me be clear for you, it is *not* my fault. you can say it is, but you would be incorrect.

    And seriously? you're actually this upset over me mentioning a loyalty program? over me asking "why do you guys remove content for?"

    The transfers is a joke. Any other MMO would not have allowed it, any other MMO would be smart enough to know how damaging it would be. Even with me saying that, that was not even my point with bringing it up. My point is simply this. WHY is store content being removed when it doesn't need to be removed?

    The ice horse was on this console too, but not like you knew that.

    Also "so you should not get those items" Yep, thanks for proving one thing. unfortunately, there's always people like you that have to ruin something for others.

    Again, the only point i was ever making was why does content need to be removed. repeat that in your head a few hundred times, but i can just tell you'll only say "it doesn't matter, you should have bought it, if you 'chose' not to, it's your fault for not buying the PC version when they delayed the consoles"

    [Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_Racheal on October 11, 2015 1:03PM
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skcarkden wrote: »
    TheValkyn wrote: »
    Skcarkden wrote: »
    @ZOS_JasonLeavey So, i'm guessing this won't ever change? I mean... I haven't been able to play ever since IC came out yet, I really wanna get my pet Daedrat because it's a freaking Daedrat!! :o But i'm still patching on my PS4 >.< I just.. to me personally, i always just thought a store page would be better with variety, not a few items to get some sales.

    That, and now this makes me wonder how many other items have been on the store while it was PC only that i missed out. Having waited for the console release, i know i already missed several things that other console users have because of transfers. even that subscription program content.

    Is there a list anywhere of past items, or even a chance they will ever make a comeback in future?

    PS: Sorry for the wall of text.

    I believe the only item that was available on the Crown Store while the game was unreleased for the consoles is the Ice Horse which will probably (my guess) return at some point down the line.

    Honestly, bringing up the loyalty program rewards is a pretty poor way to illustrate the point you're trying to communicate. You very well could have subscribed and paid all the money that we did (essentially $45USD for a pet) then transferred over to consoles. That offer was mentioned on May 8th, 2014. It was solely your decision to pass that up so you should not get those items. You did not contribute financially towards the early post-launch development of ESO so therefore you do not deserve anything. Also, if you didn't get these items on console simply because you did not transfer your account then that again is your fault. Don't even try to make it seem like it isn't.

    @TheValkyn LOL. So if i wanted to only play on the console version i should then also buy the PC version, subscribe when my PC at the time could not run it. just so i can get content that is now discontinued for NO reason what-so-ever?

    Let me be clear for you, it is *not* my fault. you can say it is, but you would be incorrect.

    And seriously? you're actually this upset over me mentioning a loyalty program? over me asking "why do you guys remove content for?"

    The transfers is a joke. Any other MMO would not have allowed it, any other MMO would be smart enough to know how damaging it would be. Even with me saying that, that was not even my point with bringing it up. My point is simply this. WHY is store content being removed when it doesn't need to be removed?

    The ice horse was on this console too, but not like you knew that.

    Also "so you should not get those items" Yep, thanks for proving one thing. unfortunately, there's always people like you that have to ruin something for others.

    Again, the only point i was ever making was why does content need to be removed. repeat that in your head a few hundred times, but i can just tell you'll only say "it doesn't matter, you should have bought it, if you 'chose' not to, it's your fault for not buying the PC version when they delayed the consoles"

    @Skcarkden I know that you are calling me a fanboy but that's the exact opposite of reality. First, you didn't have to buy the PC version then buy the full priced console version. If I remember correctly it was $20 for the transfer so $20 over the 300 days to qualify for the loyalty rewards turns out to be about $0.07 a day. The loyalty rewards were for customer loyalty during a period of time where the game suffered quite a few game breaking flaws and imbalances along with a dry streak of no content near the end. If you didn't pay for the game during that period of time or paid for 300 days of game time then you were not a loyal customer. At that point in time, you weren't a customer at all as you did not pay a subscription. So again - you did not deserve it if you did not qualify for it.

    I apologize for my mistake regarding the Ice horse. I'm glad that you had the opportunity to purchase that item however your insults and jabs aren't appreciated but I can understand why you're frustrated. People have something that you want and that's a natural behavior called envy which can be fueled by jealousy. You're not the first or the last to feel that way. Have a good one.

    Also, if you're asking yourself " why does content need to be removed?" then you need to take an entry level marketing class. Limited time offers secure immediate sales as offers that will be around for a while tend to make customers wait or give the purchase a second thought and decline purchasing the product. Well, that's at least one of the reasons.

    [Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_Racheal on October 11, 2015 1:03PM
  • Skcarkden
    Skcarkden
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay dude. I didn't give ZoS money soon enough. I'm a horrible horrible being and don't deserve a thing for it. Are you happy? Is that what you want? A game where you dont deserve a thing for not forking over cash instantly?

    That said. Would you please link me to where ZoS specifically stated said loyalty program was "for people who start subscribing NOW", because as far as i knew, it was just a typical loyalty sub program based on WHEN you subscribe and accumulate days, not a requirement to do so from the first day of PC's launch.

    Even then, back to my damn original question before you had a "i don't want other people to have this stuff" hissy fit, WHY even remove content? Mind Shriven Horse, Daedrat was never mentioned as being limited time store items like the ice horse, or snow leopard senche lioness etc. This is a digital store for a digital game, there's no issue of store space, there isn't a need to remove content for the sake of promoting something new.

    That's really all i was asking, WHY. It is not the same as saying "I demand".

    And further, even with your point about loyalty, those items were not the sole purpose you subscribed, i'm even going to say it's safe to assume they weren't even in since the start of the game, they were added later, as an incentive to make people subscribe, not the only reason to do so, and even if they were... Why end it? what does subscription get us now? a whopping 10% xp? WOW at least a loyalty program still being run would be something. Why end it? I'm guessing someone with an attitude quite similar to someone in this very topic felt they should be the special elite



  • ZOS_Racheal
    ZOS_Racheal
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, everyone. We understand that people are going to disagree from time to time, but please remember to keep your comments respectful at all times on our forums, even when you disagree with others. Insults or other disruptive behavior do not help further discussion and can move a thread off topic quickly. We encourage sharing opinions, but we ask that they are constructively stated when doing so, as this will help keep the discussion on track. Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Skcarkden
    Skcarkden
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Racheal


    Okay..... so back to my question.... Why do you guys remove content that doesn't need to be removed?

    (At this rate am i even allowed to ask that?)
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact


    Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    Skcarkden wrote: »
    @ZOS_Racheal


    Okay..... so back to my question.... Why do you guys remove content that doesn't need to be removed?

    (At this rate am i even allowed to ask that?)

    At some point ZOS said they wanted to cycle the content on the Crown Store so that it wouldn't feel cluttered. Meaning that stuff doesn't likely get "removed" per se, but rather become temporarily unavailable.
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

    PC EU
  • Mr.Turtlesworth
    Mr.Turtlesworth
    ✭✭✭✭
    gah. I am rejoining the game because of the zombie horse and Halloween skins. Am I a bad person?
    I r robot
    hear me roar
  • Dedhed
    Dedhed
    ✭✭✭
    2 more days till pumpkinhead. The other stuff doesn't really interest me. Still wishing the skeletal guar would show up. Any word on that @ZOS_JasonLeavey ?

    "This is like talking to breakfast cereal" -- Fredericks in Otherland talking about Wicked Tribe. Also a great description of zone chat.
  • Roxxiga
    Roxxiga
    Soul Shriven
    I see it no longer says the daedrat pet will be removed. Does this mean it will continue to be available after November 2nd?
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dedhed, a skeletal guar sounds terrifying! It's always a possibility for the future, but we think the Zombie Horse may satisfy your craving for nightmare-inducing mounts.

    @Roxxiga, yup! We've adjusted the article to reflect that the daedrat will not be removed as we previously intended.
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • Marrtha
    Marrtha
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Dedhed, a skeletal guar sounds terrifying! It's always a possibility for the future, but we think the Zombie Horse may satisfy your craving for nightmare-inducing mounts.

    @Roxxiga, yup! We've adjusted the article to reflect that the daedrat will not be removed as we previously intended.

    SKELETAL GUAR PLEASE
    Use @Marrtha when replying!
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think my vampire could use a zombie horse mount.
    PC-NA CP 1,700+
      Mains:
      [*] Ronno - Khajiit Nightblade - AD - Stamina DPS / Crafter - Master Angler/Flawless Conqueror
      [*] Rönnö - Breton Nightblade - DC - Magicka DPS - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer/Flawless Conqueror
      [*] Wicked Glitch of the West - Altmer Sorceror - AD - Magicka DPS - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer/Flawless Conqueror
      [*] Arashi Maesa - Breton Dragon Knight -AD - Magicka DPS - Flawless Conqueror
      [*] Hoards-Many-Things - Argonian Dragon Knight - DC - Tank
      [*] Andy Rune-eeh - Breton Templar - AD - Healer
      [*] Ser Bob from Accounting - Redguard Dragon Knight - AD - Stamina DPS
      [*] Kittynado - Khajiit Sorceror - AD - Stamina DPS - Flawless Conqueror
      [*] JimmyJJShabadu - Breton Templar - AD - Magicka DPS - Flawless Conqueror
    • SturgeHammer
      SturgeHammer
      ✭✭✭✭
      Enodoc wrote: »
      @Dedhed, a skeletal guar sounds terrifying! It's always a possibility for the future, but we think the Zombie Horse may satisfy your craving for nightmare-inducing mounts.
      @ZOS_JasonLeavey "It's always a possibility for the future"? I know nothing datamined is confirmed, but we all know that the skeletal guar has been developed already ;)

      Skeletal Guar
      ON-icon-mount-Skeletal_Guar.png Default Name: Grinly
      The naked, grisly smile on the broad skull of the Skeletal Guar mount may be enough to send lesser opponents fleeting in terror when you ride into battle on its creaking, bony frame. The Worm Cult, of course, will just be jealous.
      ESO-crown-store-Skeletal-Guar.jpg

      It is really depressing that this didn't happen. I know not to expect all datamined stuff to make it to live, but I definitely made the mistake of looking forward to this one.

      Whelp, maybe the orsinium crown store update will have something to spend my 7,500 subscriber crowns on.
      Edited by SturgeHammer on October 21, 2015 3:06PM
      First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
      Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
      Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
      Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
    • Marrtha
      Marrtha
      ✭✭✭✭
      Enodoc wrote: »
      @Dedhed, a skeletal guar sounds terrifying! It's always a possibility for the future, but we think the Zombie Horse may satisfy your craving for nightmare-inducing mounts.
      @ZOS_JasonLeavey "It's always a possibility for the future"? I know nothing datamined is confirmed, but we all know that the skeletal guar has been developed already ;)

      Skeletal Guar
      ON-icon-mount-Skeletal_Guar.png Default Name: Grinly
      The naked, grisly smile on the broad skull of the Skeletal Guar mount may be enough to send lesser opponents fleeting in terror when you ride into battle on its creaking, bony frame. The Worm Cult, of course, will just be jealous.
      ESO-crown-store-Skeletal-Guar.jpg

      I mean look at it, who wouldn't want to smack its skeletal butt and run off into the sunset?!

      Edited grammar.
      Edited by Marrtha on October 21, 2015 3:08PM
      Use @Marrtha when replying!
    • CJohnson81
      CJohnson81
      ✭✭✭✭
      Jiigen wrote: »
      Skcarkden wrote: »
      @ZOS_Racheal


      Okay..... so back to my question.... Why do you guys remove content that doesn't need to be removed?

      (At this rate am i even allowed to ask that?)

      At some point ZOS said they wanted to cycle the content on the Crown Store so that it wouldn't feel cluttered. Meaning that stuff doesn't likely get "removed" per se, but rather become temporarily unavailable.

      I just want to jump in on this older section of thread to mention that the ZOS response also is pretty clear that some items are for a limited time and then get removed. There's no systemic reason for removing items, it's called creating demand. If you could get your items today, tomorrow or four months from now, you might not actually ever buy them. Scarcity is the way companies get you to hurry up and buy.

      That said, I personally think they should be continually growing the "base offering" of crown store items and peppering in some limited edition stuff. That way the store is tiered - you consistently get new base offering items that never go away, some mid-range items that could be base-pricing but for a limited time, and then a tier that offers both premium priced and limited time items (as separate types of products. You don't need all premium items to be limited time).

      Maybe this is why it feels like the store has not that much to offer outside of the premium/limited stuff when those items get removed.
      Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons Of Light - AD
      XB1 - NA
      I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
    • Gidorick
      Gidorick
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      PAkq0M5.png?1

      Erm... The Witches Festival was on October 13th... You guys missed that date on these costumes. You should call a spade a spade. These are for Halloween.
      What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
      That's right... Horse.
      Click HERE to discuss.

      Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    • Elderskrye
      Elderskrye
      ✭✭
      "Today is the 13th of Frostfall, known throughout Tamriel as the Witches' Festival when the forces of sorcery and religion clash. The Mages Guild gets most of the business since weapons and items are evaluated for their mystic potential free of charge and magic spells are one half their usual price. Demonologists, conjurors, lamias, warlocks, and thaumaturgists meet in the wilderness outside (the city), and the creatures created or summoned there may plague Tamriel for eons. Most wise men choose not to wander this night."

      Spells might be half price, but a skin costs half the price of Orsinium. I have the mind shriven horse (obnoxious sound) and looked at the skin, might have bought the skin, but $12? really? I'll pass.
    Sign In or Register to comment.