The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Please change the way we sell to each other.

zstewart2015
The guild store system sucks. Not only do the charge you for the right to sell items in the store, now one if the guilds I am in is trying to tell everyone what price to sell items by suggesting that undercutting others prices is bad for the guild and that they are watching and noticing when it is done. Some kind of veiled threat. I guess we are supposed to search the guild store every time we want to sell something and match other guild members prices, so I guess I will be selling malachite shards for $125000 gold or 1 mountain flower for $10000 gold just so nobody gets all butt hurt because I thought their price was ridiculous and wanted to sell my items at a more reasonable price. Sorry for the rant, just wanted to point out another problem was with guild stores run by dictators.
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    There are a TON of guilds out there......Also, you can spam zone chat. That's what we used to have to do before there were even guild stores.

#believeit
  • TX11
    TX11
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone here who is having issues with trading guilds charging exorbient rent and fees needs to send me a message on psn. Name is TX11. I will shoot you an invite to my guild. We are donation based NO FEES unless you want bank access then you must pay a 10k security deposit Which will be returned if you don't rob the guild. We have had a trader in wayrest every week except 3 since the games release. I run 2 guilds each close to 500. The main guild is a social guild not just a trading guild. Saturday night I hosted 2 groups for a clan night with 45 people all going into imperial city. If you are tired of trading guilds that treat you like a gold supply and not a person looking to have fun and just game send me a message and join Better Hide or Die. You won't regret it.

Server is NA PS4
    Edited by TX11 on September 30, 2015 11:14PM
  • TX11
    TX11
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to mention our website if someone wants to check it out. http://bhdclan.enjin.com/
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unless you are exaggerating those prices, I gather this is console?
    There has to be better guilds out there. They can't possibly all be like that.
    Find one. If you don't like TX's up there, there are guild recruitment forums here.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guilds only have power if people continue to be a part of them...
  • zstewart2015
    Zorrashi wrote: »
    Guilds only have power if people continue to be a part of them...

I know, it just sucks that such an idiotic trading system was included in a game I really like. I do keep changing guilds and they all start out good.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to Rawhl'ka. Plenty of folks in the city looking to trade/sell without the gross greed. Someone was even kind enough to give me a Dark Elf lore book completely free of charge. I paid it forward and gave away a Khajiit and Wood elf motif to two random people.
    :smiley:
  • H3Li0S
    H3Li0S
    ✭✭✭
    Guild trade system is just a way to scam his member from daily and rafle. Zos should look into this and fix this.
  • PinoZino
    PinoZino
    ✭✭✭✭
    The guild store system sucks. Not only do the charge you for the right to sell items in the store, now one if the guilds I am in is trying to tell everyone what price to sell items by suggesting that undercutting others prices is bad for the guild and that they are watching and noticing when it is done. Some kind of veiled threat. I guess we are supposed to search the guild store every time we want to sell something and match other guild members prices, so I guess I will be selling malachite shards for $125000 gold or 1 mountain flower for $10000 gold just so nobody gets all butt hurt because I thought their price was ridiculous and wanted to sell my items at a more reasonable price. Sorry for the rant, just wanted to point out another problem was with guild stores run by dictators.

We work with fixed prices too. Most people like it, some don't.

However, in our Guild we don't use violence to make sure you must stay in the guild. Everyone can leave. If you don't like the Trade Policy it's fine.

It's a pity you can't leave. I should go to the police.

Founder of Tradelodge, a trade guild operating on the European Megaserver for Playstation®4.

Visit our website: http://tradelodge.blogspot.com/
  • zstewart2015
    PinoZino wrote: »

We work with fixed prices too. Most people like it, some don't.

However, in our Guild we don't use violence to make sure you must stay in the guild. Everyone can leave. If you don't like the Trade Policy it's fine.

It's a pity you can't leave. I should go to the police.

I never said I couldn't leave, sounds like you enjoy being part of the problem.
  • PinoZino
    PinoZino
    ✭✭✭✭

In some guilds you have to pay mucho gold each week. I respect their policy, but I don't like it. If they start charging too much, I leave.

So if you don't like their policy, why do you stay? Guilds enough in this world.

Founder of Tradelodge, a trade guild operating on the European Megaserver for Playstation®4.

• zstewart2015

In some guilds you have to pay mucho gold each week. I respect their policy, but I don't like it. If they start charging too much, I leave.

So if you don't like their policy, why do you stay? Guilds enough in this world.

I did leave, I joined TX11 guild. I just wanted to point out that a system that lets players exploit others is flawed and since this is the only place ZOS might notice, I posted it here.

• PinoZino
    PinoZino
    ✭✭✭✭

I did leave, I joined TX11 guild. I just wanted to point out that a system that lets players exploit others is flawed and since this is the only place ZOS might notice, I posted it here.

I don't understand why using fixed prices is like exploiting. Can you explain this one?

• DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah the guild stores are ridiculous. Some of those vendors need a smack in the back of the head
  • zstewart2015
    We should be able to sell at whatever price we want, so if a different member posts his item at a ridiculous price I am supposed to match it? Even knowing it will never sell. The guild I was in doesn't have fixed prices, the guild leader just said that undercutting others is wrong and implied that they are watching and will kick people out. If they had fixed prices that would be different. Also, charging just for the ability to sell is exploiting since there is no fixed price in game for such a service. It is just whatever whim takes the guild leader as to what this weeks fee will be.
  • PinoZino
    PinoZino
    ✭✭✭✭
    We should be able to sell at whatever price we want, so if a different member posts his item at a ridiculous price I am supposed to match it? Even knowing it will never sell. The guild I was in doesn't have fixed prices, the guild leader just said that undercutting others is wrong and implied that they are watching and will kick people out. If they had fixed prices that would be different. Also, charging just for the ability to sell is exploiting since there is no fixed price in game for such a service. It is just whatever whim takes the guild leader as to what this weeks fee will be.

It's obvious that in our guild price cutting isn't allowed as well.

But if you don't work with fixed prices, that will not work out very well, as you explained.

More guilds have weird and sometimes fun rules. I know a guild where you have to wear the Guild Tabard 24/7 and they'll ban you forever if they bust you. It's a capital crime in that guild. Lovely :)

As long the Guild isn't demanding real money, I don't think ZOS will do something about it.

You left, you're happy now, I wouldn't bother anymore about that guild.

• Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are several guilds and some operate by their own rules.

Some demand weekly dues. Others have a mandatory attendance. Some require that you meet a certain sales quota. Some guilds even demand a combination of requirements (dues, sales quota and attendance along with participation in raffles). And while it is certainly your right to dislike these requirements and claim that they are exploiting other players, the fact remains that participation in that particular guild is always optional to the player. No one can force you to abide their rules if you don't want to.

But you have to remember that it is their guild, not yours. Their house, their rules. The fact that so many people are willing to abide by those rules willingly to be a member of the guild means that it is not completely abhorred by everyone.

So hardly is it "exploitation" (unless they are harassing players to play that way). You just don't like their rules that much by personal preference.
    That's totally fine though, there are several guilds that operate their guild differently. But don't expect all guilds to operate to your personal standards when they operate by legitimate means.
  • winterbornb14_ESO
    winterbornb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The person who came up with this POS system should be fired.

Global auction house with access at every bank is something that works unlike this crap.
  • zstewart2015

There are several guilds and some operate by their own rules.

Some demand weekly dues. Others have a mandatory attendance. Some require that you meet a certain sales quota. Some guilds even demand a combination of requirements (dues, sales quota and attendance along with participation in raffles). And while it is certainly your right to dislike these requirements and claim that they are exploiting other players, the fact remains that participation in that particular guild is always optional to the player. No one can force you to abide their rules if you don't want to.

But you have to remember that it is their guild, not yours. Their house, their rules. The fact that so many people are willing to abide by those rules willingly to be a member of the guild means that it is not completely abhorred by everyone.

So hardly is it "exploitation" (unless they are harassing players to play that way). You just don't like their rules that much by personal preference.
    That's totally fine though, there are several guilds that operate their guild differently. But don't expect all guilds to operate to your personal standards when they operate by legitimate means.

Oh yes, just because people use the only system available that makes everything a ok.
  • Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Global auction house with access at every bank is something that works unlike this crap.
    Idk, games with global auction houses usually suffer from high inflation....
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭

Old old old topic. As I said above we never even had guild stores. You had to spam zone chat to sell.
  • PinoZino
    PinoZino
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh yes, just because people use the only system available that makes everything a ok.

Not one Guild is having a monopoly.

It's what @Zorrashi wrote: their house, their rules.

And you have the power to disagree and leave.

• PinoZino
    PinoZino
    ✭✭✭✭

Idk, games with global auction houses usually suffer from high inflation....

Yes, that's true. And on ESO it would be even worse. We have only 2 Megaservers, not 10 or 20 small servers.

The economy would collapse.

But...there's an alternative...

No, to Auction House. Yes, to Stock Exchange? Maybe.
    Edited by PinoZino on October 1, 2015 2:52AM

• zstewart2015

There lies the problem, the only way to use the system is to play by other players rules, that is why there is and always will be exploitation.
  • Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There lies the problem, the only way to use the system is to play by other players rules, that is why there is and always will be exploitation.

There are several avenues to use of the economic system in this game without succumbing to your standards of exploitation. Like finding a guild that meets your needs and standards. Just like there are guilds with no pricing requirements, there are guilds where there are no rules whatsoever (other than be nice to each other). They require no dues, no attendance, etc. Just play and maybe use the guild features.
  • PinoZino
    PinoZino
    ✭✭✭✭

As a Guild Master I don't have the impression I exploit anyone. Yes, we have a few rules and a vision. And yes, I guard them and make sure everybody is in line.

I assume it's not different in your ex-guild, only the rules are different.

You can also start your own guild.
    Edited by PinoZino on October 1, 2015 2:45AM

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zenimax will change how we establish our marketing when Skeevers fly.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As your former Guild Master, I have to say that I wish you would have brought up your concerns at one of the guild meetings or jumped in the Guild chat and talked to one of the several members in there....but not once were you involved in the guild and to be honest, you weren't even on the radar for being an undercutter. But thank you for showcasing your self-guilt and excusing yourself from the guild.

To clarify, since you were clearly confused, we don't charge you to sell anything...We have a one time membership fee (to help raise funds for the weekly trader). Many members, who help bank roll the Guild, were upset that many newcomers, like yourself, are coming in to the guild and slashing established prices in half, in order to make a sale that day.
    That type of business model hurts our income as individuals and as a guild, making it impossible to raise the proper funds through sales tax alone to acquire high market Guild Traders, that we hire each week.

I am not going to attempt to hold the hand of 500 members when it comes to how to sell in the store. But I will slap the wrist when it negatively affects the Guild.

Good riddance to you and good luck.
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same rant, different title.

Guild Traders are better than a centralized auction house.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • kupacmac
    kupacmac
    ✭✭✭

Yeah cause that worked so well in Guild Wars 2. Global auction house is utter garbage.