The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does B-Hopping actually help?

Shelgon
Shelgon
✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me3y3116c8U&feature=youtu.be

What is B-Hopping:

Bunny hopping; making jumps in succession to keep consistent speed from that of your starting jump.

How to B-Hop:

So like, you run, then you jump. Then at this point in time you will most likely be affected by gravity, so you will begin moving downwards towards the ground (don't be alarmed, this is normal), then right as you hit the ground, you jump again, you should be moving the same speed in the air as you were when you began running on the ground, proceed to do this as many times as you want with 100% perfect timing to continue moving at a consistent speed.

Congrats, now you too can shave 40 milliseconds at most off of your getaway time.

EDIT: at around 2-3 seconds in the video, the right screen skips a bit, I assure you it was just frame rate lag.
Edited by Shelgon on September 30, 2015 9:10PM
V16 Templar - Shelgon - DC
V16 Dragonknight - The Secutor - DC
  • FeaR Turbo
    FeaR Turbo
    Class Representative
    Very interesting! Thank you for sharing. ^_^ everyone going to be jumpin around haha
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    When you are going downhill it is even better.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you do it on a downhill slope, you can reach Sonic speed after like 5 jumps ;) Was so fast once, I died from fall damage due to high speed. :D
    Edited by xMovingTarget on October 1, 2015 12:06PM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i read this as bar hopping lol,and yes bar hopping does help ,its like grinding with beverages
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One data point is not data.Especially when we are talking about 40ms measurements Do that 100 times average the results then show us the results.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »
    One data point is not data.Especially when we are talking about 40ms measurements Do that 100 times average the results then show us the results.

But one data point does show what is possible. Whether B-hopping can make you consistently faster will require actual data but just to show it can make you faster requires only one example.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ffastyl wrote: »
    PBpsy wrote: »

But one data point does show what is possible. Whether B-hopping can make you consistently faster will require actual data but just to show it can make you faster requires only one example.

No. One single measurement does not ever give you any valuable info and can't be used to reach any conclusion. Repeated measurements is the only way in which can show that your measurement is not some outlier or due to random fluctuations.

I agree with your conclusion though . B hoping does not help in this game except making you look funny and maybe confuse some people.
    Edited by PBpsy on October 1, 2015 12:05PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • byrom101b16_ESO
    byrom101b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main point of BH'ing is using less stamina to sprint...