The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

People turning to stone before death?

a.skelton92
a.skelton92
✭✭✭
What is that? On the last hit before they die they seem to turn to rock and then regain half their health. Whatever it is it looks cool.. Is it a CP thing? Watched a level 3 do it earlier.

Please enlighten me!
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phoenix armor set.. Wait a level 3?? az in VR3 or just level 3? PVP rank3 ? what platform ?
    Edited by SeptimusDova on September 30, 2015 3:35PM
  • a.skelton92
    a.skelton92
    ✭✭✭
    Phoenix armor set.. Wait a level 3?? az in VR3 or just level 3? PVP rank3 ? what platform ?

It was a level 3 non vet. On ps4 EU. No word of a lie, thats why i was so confused.. He was still in his weird little starter robe.

• Lord Xanhorn
    Lord Xanhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    It might have been ice enchant. Sometimes when you die to the ice enchant on a wep, it freezes the target then they crumble into dust. Could be mistaken for stone.
    I'm kind of a small deal!
  • talon_vib14_ESO
    talon_vib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    could be using pheonix set and soul shriven costume gear from crown store.
  • a.skelton92
    a.skelton92
    ✭✭✭
    It might have been ice enchant. Sometimes when you die to the ice enchant on a wep, it freezes the target then they crumble into dust. Could be mistaken for stone.

This guy turned into that black stone thing when he got killed by a guard. Then regained half his health after. It was definetely the thing i have been seeing vet people do in PvP. He was DEFINITELY level 3 also as he did not have the vet sign thing next to his level.

• Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can you even Get Phoenix in lvl3?
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • a.skelton92
    a.skelton92
    ✭✭✭

The soul shriven stuff is the grey stuff that you see in character creation but this guy was wearing the yellow starter robes. He came out of the AD starter boat at the same time as me. First thing he did was went and attacked a guard (to test his little exploit out i guess). I have been in Pvp all day until that point and it was DEFINITELY the death prevention mechanic thing.

Wish i had a screenshot._ but at the time i just assumed it was something that COULD be obtained that low like a vamp bite can.

• imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was a level 3 non vet. On ps4 EU. No word of a lie, thats why i was so confused.. He was still in his weird little starter robe.

Last I checked you cant get lvl 3 Phoenix due to you cant enter Cyrodiil till you're at least lvl 10 so by that knowledge lvl 10 should be the lowest lvl you can get the set. I don't know if lvl 10 is the lowest or if you have to be vet 1 to get it like the Ravage set since I haven't started up a new toon to test it
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭

The soul shriven stuff is the grey stuff that you see in character creation but this guy was wearing the yellow starter robes. He came out of the AD starter boat at the same time as me. First thing he did was went and attacked a guard (to test his little exploit out i guess). I have been in Pvp all day until that point and it was DEFINITELY the death prevention mechanic thing.

Wish i had a screenshot._ but at the time i just assumed it was something that COULD be obtained that low like a vamp bite can.

Ok so he wasn't in Cyrodiil. But yeah, sounds like the Phoenix set. He could have had an alt make an iron set, but then again is lvl 5 the lowest level it can be made?
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one is making a level 3 Phoenix set with 5 pieces, come on now.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of those guards are super DKs so probably used fossilze on the player.
    The npc version like the gargoyles used.
    Edited by TequilaFire on September 30, 2015 5:44PM
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Phoenix is purchased not crafted, right? I don't think you can even buy it lower than V14.
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

PC/NA
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    Phoenix is purchased not crafted, right? I don't think you can even buy it lower than V14.

Oh dur, that's probably correct.
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
  • a.skelton92
    a.skelton92
    ✭✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »

To be honest, I will probably just be ridiculed for being the town nut should I try and convince people more.. But I know what I saw i tell ye! You folk can choose to believe me or let my tale pass into myth and legend. Ill carry the secret to me grave i will!

I know what i saw! You can chase me out of town with fire and pitchforks, but i will return.

But seriously though, it DID happen and i just assume it was some kind of hack/ exploit or what have you.

• a.skelton92
    a.skelton92
    ✭✭✭

But what explains the 50% health return? No potion is that powerful.. Besides, the phoenix thing has a very specific sound and animation when it procs. Its like hes about to supernova and then he regains health.

• Yonkit
    Yonkit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eternal Yokeda or Phoenix neither of which are obtainable at level 3, you can't even be a level 3 inside nonvet PvP, unless the console differs from the PC in this aspect, but, yes, you can theoretically obtain Phoenix armor at level 1 if you wanted, you just need access to cyrodiil and the imperial city, because when you open the vendor, the armor scales to your level.
    Has an Alter Ego in the form of a very large quadrupedal black & white Bear.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »

To be honest, I will probably just be ridiculed for being the town nut should I try and convince people more.. But I know what I saw i tell ye! You folk can choose to believe me or let my tale pass into myth and legend. Ill carry the secret to me grave i will!

I know what i saw! You can chase me out of town with fire and pitchforks, but i will return.

But seriously though, it DID happen and i just assume it was some kind of hack/ exploit or what have you.

Yeh we're just tryin to figure it out, too lol
    Tossing things out there.

PC/NA
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yonkit wrote: »
    Eternal Yokeda or Phoenix neither of which are obtainable at level 3, you can't even be a level 3 inside nonvet PvP, unless the console differs from the PC in this aspect, but, yes, you can theoretically obtain Phoenix armor at level 1 if you wanted, you just need access to cyrodiil and the imperial city, because when you open the vendor, the armor scales to your level.

wow, ok if someone actually did that somehow they must be rolling in Tel Var stones to spend it on a lvl 3.

PC/NA
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could he have bought some of the Phoenix vendor bags with a VR16, then banked the bags, and had his new alt open the bags to scale the Phoenix armor to the low level alt?
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But what explains the 50% health return? No potion is that powerful.. Besides, the phoenix thing has a very specific sound and animation when it procs. Its like hes about to supernova and then he regains health.

The Fossilize Morph reduces enemy regeneration (health, stamina, and magicka) while petrified.
    When the effect ends the players regen would kick in and you would see the health bar increase.
    I assume you saw this yourself and this is not hearsay.
    A level 3 Phoenix is hard to believe and a low level can't equip it.
    Possible it might scale but what a waste you stay level 3 for about 1 hour.
    If they can this set is really broke.
    Edited by TequilaFire on September 30, 2015 6:34PM
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not ridiculing you, I'm just ruling out the Phoenix set. No one is going to waste the tel var stones to make a level 3 set. Even if they banked the packages to open. If it's even possible.

It could have been a trophy of some sort. Or maybe it was disease on death, that looks kind of funky.
    Edited by ThePonzzz on September 30, 2015 6:34PM
  • a.skelton92
    a.skelton92
    ✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Could he have bought some of the Phoenix vendor bags with a VR16, then banked the bags, and had his new alt open the bags to scale the Phoenix armor to the low level alt?

This is what i thought maybe could of happened.. Strange goings on.
  • Yonkit
    Yonkit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

This is what i thought maybe could of happened.. Strange goings on.

Nah, he'd have to buy the armor directly on his lowbie, when you buy a box it's contents are already pre-generated, they won't change, and they'll be v15/v16 even on a lowbie alt. If you turn auto loot off you can see the contents of a box but not actually claim it, and it never changes despite logging in or out, waiting 3 months, etc. If the new armor bags are anything like old PvP bags then his lowbie wouldn't even be able to open them because they're v16 bags.
  • a.skelton92
    a.skelton92
    ✭✭✭

Could he have teleported to a party member inside IC?

• Yonkit
    Yonkit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Never tried that, but this might be how he did it, group queue'd with someone into Cyrodiil or IC, would also explain how he's a level 3.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Never tried that, but this might be how he did it, group queue'd with someone into Cyrodiil or IC, would also explain how he's a level 3.

OP never said this happened in Cyrodiil though...
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Yonkit
    Yonkit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have to enter Cyrodiil and IC in order to buy the phoenix set... It's not possible to obtain it anywhere else.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You have to enter Cyrodiil and IC in order to buy the phoenix set... It's not possible to obtain it anywhere else.

That doesn't necessarily mean he bought it on that character though. There may be an exploit where giving it to an alt scales it to their level upon equip...

Wouldn't hurt to look into being able to travel to people that are in IC though. Not the most serious bug in the game but a bug nonetheless.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No potion is that powerful to you but to low levels heck yes they are that powerful. the person must have survived with around 1 HP (which would look like zero on the bar), got fossilized, used a health potion, and broke free.
    Edited by RAGUNAnoOne on September 30, 2015 8:03PM
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • dlepi24
    dlepi24
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    Can you even Get Phoenix in lvl3?

You can't even PvP as a level 3.