The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Rally or Surge for Stamina Sorcerer?

• PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boundless storm (magicka) costs 3k
    Ok, you do not use 33s magika buff, but you use 15 sec magika buff when you have better stamina analog.

That doesnt make any sense first of all.
    Secondly, the stamina morph of lightning form is baaaad. Every 15 secs you gotta refresh it at the cost of 2.2k precious stamina. I promise you will run out of stamina trying to keep this form up than actually dpsing.

Surge is only useful when youre using an AOE build (i.e. bombard, steelnado, brawler,etc)
    Its not that good using it 1vxing since youre only gonna get 60% of the dmg as heal

Lets say you do a 10k crit rush (@ max distance) then that means youre gonna get a 6k heal for that maxed out crit rush. A mediocre 7k hit will return a mediocre 4.2k heal. thats laughable.

But hey if ya want surge on your bar as a stam sorc go for it but dont come back on forums qqing for nerfs.
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eligh0716 wrote: »
    I got a question kinda relevant... WHY ARE SORCS BETTER WITH A STAMINA BUILD? It makes no sense... A sorcerer is magic based... It's hard to play my sorc knowing stamina builds deal more dps... K bye.

Physical damage has no real resistance passives in the Champion system, while anything Magicka based can be either classified into A)Magic or B)Elemental.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs aren't better with a stamina build... you have just bought into the myth by watching to many edited pvp videos.
    Edited by Cathexis on October 3, 2015 4:59PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Groggolo
    Groggolo
    ✭✭
    Does the buff from rally stay if you swap weapon?
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Groggolo wrote: »
    Does the buff from rally stay if you swap weapon?

Yes.
    All buffs stay after weapon swapping
    PC NA

• Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find rally and surge to be very interchangeable but I would take rally over surge because it is a direct heal, however surge fills the damage buff gap for every other weapon.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a stam sorc you're gonna need to use your magicka for other buffs/escapes/offensive maneuvers and
    surge costs TOO MUCH to be using every 30 secs with a low magicka regen (500-700).

Go with rally if youre using 2H.

The only time crit surge is useful is when you're using an AOE build.

the bolded content isn't all fully true, as a sorc build player who's been dedicated to it, Surge can be very effective, especially from heavy attacks as if you have about 50% crit. your going to get some strong heals if backed up with a decent weapon damage, and it's easy to upkeep even with a low magicka regen
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    As a stam sorc you're gonna need to use your magicka for other buffs/escapes/offensive maneuvers and
    surge costs TOO MUCH to be using every 30 secs with a low magicka regen (500-700).

the bolded content isn't all fully true, as a sorc build player who's been dedicated to it, Surge can be very effective, especially from heavy attacks as if you have about 50% crit. your going to get some strong heals if backed up with a decent weapon damage, and it's easy to upkeep even with a low magicka regen

Have you tried it on a STAMINA SORC?
    It seems like you're referring to a magicka build. Try it on a stamina sorc for 1v1s and 1vXing and lets see how it goes.
    PC NA

• dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »

Have you tried it on a STAMINA SORC?
    It seems like you're referring to a magicka build. Try it on a stamina sorc for 1v1s and 1vXing and lets see how it goes.

i play a stam sorc build. i know what i mean.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.